PDA

View Full Version : 1C Company announces retail distribution agreement with GDL

Evgeny
03-20-2008, 08:00 AM
1C Company and GDL announced today an agreement that will see GDL bring previously unreleased and back catalogue 1C titles to specific retail markets. Under the multi-territory agreement, GDL will be responsible for the distribution of 1C budget and mid price PC titles, promoting them under the new “Underground” brand name incorporating its Red-Gold product line imagery. This is a chance for the consumers in such countries as UK, South Africa and Benelux countries to enjoy new gaming titles, within the budget and mid price sector, rather than just previous titles that have come down from full price.
1C and GDL are launching a multi phase strategy, being that the first phase is to release 12 titles on April 1st 2008 across the territories, and to move to phase two which will be a further release of 12 titles.

Kolorabi
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Will these games be sold at popular UK-based online retailers such as www.play.com?

starlord
03-22-2008, 12:46 PM
WOW: Title names, please!!!

If AIM 2 clan wars and parkan 2 are on the list, I'm gonna cry out of joy!:grin:

Evgeny
03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Will these games be sold at popular UK-based online retailers such as www.play.com?

Yes, the titles will certainly be offered to those guys.
Main retail will be supermarket stores like Tesco & Asda, but should be available online too.

Kolorabi
03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the response, I hope they will sell them at Play.com (as it ships to my country as well). Unfortunately they haven't turned up in their pre-orders section (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/6-/ComingSoon.html?ob=date&cpage=1) yet, despite the announced release date being few days away.

Kolorabi
04-02-2008, 01:54 PM
As far as I can tell, there aren't any new 1C-games on any of the major webstores (Play, Amazon, Gameplay,...). Has the release been delayed, or is the distributor not doing it's job?

Edit: Also, a list of games would be handy since GDL's website (http://www.grabituk.com/) doesn't list anything.

Anatoly
04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
As far as I can tell, there aren't any new 1C-games on any of the major webstores (Play, Amazon, Gameplay,...). Has the release been delayed, or is the distributor not doing it's job?

Edit: Also, a list of games would be handy since GDL's website (http://www.grabituk.com/) doesn't list anything.

1C games, including new ones, are mostly sold through our own online store and through GamersGate.

Kolorabi
04-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I know you sell many games online, but I'm talking about the ones covered by this retail distribution deal (see the first post) - apparently ten older 1C-games were released in the UK on 1. april with ten more to follow later, but there's no trace of them in any of the webstores I've visited. Stores like Play.com carries literally _everything_ that gets released in the UK, but I can find nothing new there.

Evgeny
04-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Launch day in Uk is 4th May 2008