PDA

View Full Version : Taxiing with T-B7

ramstein
02-02-2012, 11:36 PM
In 4.11, Taxiing with T-B7. It wil not steer correctly on the ground, no matter what combination of brakes, wheels, engines.. power....

Has this been reported as a bug?

not sure if this matters, but was trying to taxi from the ramp to the runway, had 50% fuel and full of large bombs..

the plane just could not hold a straight line and could not turn properly to make it to the runway, it just goes everywhere except where you point it..

Thanx..

Zorin
02-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Tested it myself. There is definitely something wrong with the brakes/wheels on it. The right undercarriage acts as a pivot and the plane ends up in a spin.

AndyJWest
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Yup. All you can do is lock the tailwheel, and then turn it with asymmetric engine power. Awkward.

harryRIEDL
02-03-2012, 01:09 AM
yeah the PE-8 is completely impossible to handle on the ground no matter whats done

AndyJWest
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
As I said earlier, locking the tailwheel seems to sort of work - provided you are then gentle with asymmetric power - and both the Pe-8 and TB-7 are affected. I don't think it is the brakes that are the problem, so much as something strange with inertia. Maybe they've got a sign reversed in the coding for tailwheel rolling resistance or something...

harryRIEDL
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
As I said earlier, locking the tailwheel seems to sort of work - provided you are then gentle with asymmetric power - and both the Pe-8 and TB-7 are affected. I don't think it is the brakes that are the problem, so much as something strange with inertia. Maybe they've got a sign reversed in the coding for tailwheel rolling resistance or something...
I still struggled with asymmetric power couldn't turn tight enough when getting off a runway plus having only on throttle meant it was particularly neat.

Treetop64
02-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Confirmed.

Aircraft pivots in place to starboard on it's Y axis on any power setting to all four engines, and with the tailwheel unlocked. No amount of asymmetric power or differential braking corrects this.

Only when the tailwheel is locked does the aircraft behave normally on the ground with power application, with the consequent difficulty in turning.

ilmavoimat
02-03-2012, 05:39 PM
We had the same problem with the He111 when first flyable so hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

zipper
02-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Sounds like a real world taildragger, actually (although the effect is most likely exaggerated here). Taildraggers in the game, for the most part, handle like trikes with no possibility of groundlooping. That said this issue doesn't help playability.

Been flying taildraggers since 1977.

IvanK
02-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Its being addressed.

KG26_Alpha
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
We had the same problem with the He111 when first flyable so hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

Not when first flyable, a later patch v4.05/6 I think messed up the ground handling.

The Pe-8 tail lock method works well, hope it get fixed quicker than the 2+ years it took to get the He111 done :)

Treetop64
02-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Sounds like a real world taildragger, actually (although the effect is most likely exaggerated here). Taildraggers in the game, for the most part, handle like trikes with no possibility of groundlooping. That said this issue doesn't help playability.

Been flying taildraggers since 1977.

I learned to fly in a Piper J5 in '96. Looping can be a problem, but the problem is greatly exaggerated in the game's TB-7. Unless you keep it's tailwheel locked 100% of the time, taxiing is simply impossible. You just spin in place, no matter how much diff braking or opposing assymetric thrust you use.