PDA

View Full Version : Problems with old missions

o'flubber
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Good evening gentlemen. I am a new Member and from Spain let me know if you can help me with a problem I have with il-1946 from some time ago. Do because I can not use the old missions, I have more than 100, when you install a new version as for example now with the 4.11?

Copy the folder Missions but it doesn't work. I could not find an answer in any forum. It is a very big problem since not flight on-line and I like to keep all my progress I need your help.

Thank you

I ask the question to you because, I think, that you are the more you know of this Simulator, if not would you do the wonders that you have achieved. :(:(:(:(:(

BadAim
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Good evening gentlemen. I am a new Member and from Spain let me know if you can help me with a problem I have with il-1946 from some time ago. Do because I can not use the old missions, I have more than 100, when you install a new version as for example now with the 4.11?

Copy the folder Missions but it doesn't work. I could not find an answer in any forum. It is a very big problem since not flight on-line and I like to keep all my progress I need your help.

Thank you

I ask the question to you because, I think, that you are the more you know of this Simulator, if not would you do the wonders that you have achieved. :(:(:(:(:(

I'm not sure what trouble you're having, so it's very difficult to help. You should not have to much trouble with older missions though. One mistake you might be making though is to many folders, your mission folders can only go so deep in IL2, for instance you can put as many folders as you like in our "coop" folder, but you can't put any folders inside of those folders- the game just doesn't see them.

You might want to double check the rest of the folder structure just to be sure, IL2 is very picky about these things.

o'flubber
02-02-2012, 06:26 PM
BadAim, first of all, to thank you for the truth by your reply. And secondly to tell you that not is if you have understood well or not. I think that I want to say that should not have many problems with the old missions provided il 1946 may have the double verification of the structure of folders. I here understand that I want to say I can not overwrite a on top of others, i.e. they must be clean. Is it so? Anyway not be how well can do double verification.

I deeply appreciate your interest and if you have any ideas but please tell me her.

I already tell you that what I have done has been to remove the entire missions of a version folder and copy entire folder missions where they are older missions, and does not work.

Something more?

Thank you of heart.
;);););)

IceFire
02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
The mission files are really just text files. You can copy, remove, scramble them all around. What matters is that the mission files are located in the correct folders. So for example IL-2 1946/Missions/Single/DE/Bf109/ should contain a single mission for the Bf109 flying for Germany. Actually the last part doesn't matter at all... anything could be there so long as it's a mission file.

It doesn't matter if the mission file was made with IL-2 1.0 or IL-2 1946 4.11. Mission file format hasn't changed in any significant way and I've tested many missions that were done on older versions with absolutely no problems in terms of the mission loading and running.

AI and flight model changes sometimes affect the mission design... but as far as the mission loading and working there are no problems.

What is the error or problem that you are having? I'm having difficulty figuring it out.

Aviar
02-03-2012, 04:03 AM
I am also having a little problem understanding totally. My feeling is that he is simply copying, transferring, or whatever you want to call it, incorrectly. In other words, he is putting the mission folders into the wrong place.

Aviar

KG26_Alpha
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Thank you

You want to keep your offline campaign progress ?

In the users folder the campaign file is there.

eg: X:\IL2 1946 v4.11m\Users\doe\campaign

o'flubber
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone. first of all thank you very much.

I will try to not extend me much and be clear

1) Flight only ever online

2) Have always been flying in Pilot Career passing missions

3 ) All updates installed them on the original version

4) Never had any problem until you reach Ultrapack 3

5) When you install Up 3 in the original version not worked and I lost great part of the old missions. Missions if they were, I could fly but when should move to the next, the computer make a beep and switched from the mission which had to overcome.

6) Following the advice of my colleagues in the Spanish Forum E-69 I managed to create an image or copy of the original installation of the il-1946 where not had Up 3 and continue advancing missions

7) With version 4.11 attempt to bring the missions that I think that are saved in the MISSIONS folder and not works. I.e. begins as when the Simulator is installed for the first time
8 Any Spanish Comrade has been or maybe I've failed to fix the problem

9) If you must come to Spain these days, entertain you well, is a cold noses.

Not is if you need any information but to help me.

And sorry for my English, because that what I'm writing through a translator

Thank you.
:wink::wink::wink::wink:

BadAim
02-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow, this is a tough one mate, I think you might have to wait for one of the Spaniards to come by, because your translator is failing you. Were having trouble even understanding what the problem is, much less how to help.

I wish I could help more, but I'm at a loss. :(

o'flubber
02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Already fixed this. In the end I replaced the users folders and folders misions and it has worked.

Thanks for everything, and Yes, you have reason the translator is very bad.

Anyway will we all understand. Thank you very much again

:):):):):)

o'flubber
02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
KG 26 It has given me the idea. I just changed the Missions folder when I had that change also the USERS folder

In short that already is done and it works perfectly.

Hopefully the Ultrapack work equally

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BadAim
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Hopefully we were of some help, but anyhow all's well that ends well.

The most important thing is that you can play this game we all love so much! :)

o'flubber
02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
BadAim, as said Bogart, end of Casablanca....

This is the beginning of a true friendship...

Thanks comrade

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

BadAim
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
LOL. Perhaps I'll take some Spanish lessons, I've been meaning to for a long time. Then we can get together over a beer and butcher each other's languages right and proper!

KG26_Alpha
02-08-2012, 07:02 PM
You want to keep your offline campaign progress ?

In the users folder the campaign file is there.

eg: X:\IL2 1946 v4.11m\Users\doe\campaign

KG 26 It has given me the idea. I just changed the Missions folder when I had that change also the USERS folder

In short that already is done and it works perfectly.

Hopefully the Ultrapack work equally

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad it worked for you