PDA

View Full Version : Enough players for each sequel?

Trubka
01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to Men of war and don't have much experience with internet gaming in general so excuse me if this sounds stupid :-)

My brother, me and a friend of mine are considering buying a MoW: Assault squad and the idea is that we get together one or two nights a week for a 3v3 match with the three of us being on the same side.

First I have no idea how the queueing works but is the idea above doable? Like will we be able to play against three random players in a relatively short time or do we have to wait a long time? Can we all join one side? :-)

Second, seeing as there are quite a lot expansions for MoW I'm quite worried if there will be enough players in a year or two for the game we choose to play. Do I have to worry about that?

Thanks a lot

Lordrac
07-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to Men of war and don't have much experience with internet gaming in general so excuse me if this sounds stupid :-)

My brother, me and a friend of mine are considering buying a MoW: Assault squad and the idea is that we get together one or two nights a week for a 3v3 match with the three of us being on the same side.

First I have no idea how the queueing works but is the idea above doable? Like will we be able to play against three random players in a relatively short time or do we have to wait a long time? Can we all join one side? :-)

Second, seeing as there are quite a lot expansions for MoW I'm quite worried if there will be enough players in a year or two for the game we choose to play. Do I have to worry about that?

Thanks a lot

Unfortunately for you the game doesn't work like call of duty, its like every other RTS game in that you have to host it and have others join the match.

KnightFandragon
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, who is to say if there will be a shortage of players in a year or so....

As for their sequels and what not, I can assure you that Red Tide and Condemned Heroes are mainly a Singeplayer addons with Condemned Heroes having Cooperative missions, you can play the SP campaign with your buddies...Redtide is all SP. Vietnam is a content lacking addon, mostly for SP or Coop, idk how much MP there is as I have none of the 3, but Assault Squad, its the only MoW, besides MoW1 that has any real MP going on....ive not logged in to see the MP liveliness of MoW but AS seemed to have a fair number of players still on it...

If I had to guess, MoW:AS is going to have MP players for awhile...you simply have to log in, make a game room and see what happens....Areyou guys for the off brand battle? Like RusvsUSA or JapvsRus and stuff like that? I know players tend to only like the standard battles....(AlliednationvsGermany) and lots of points...seems the main battle mode played is Assault zones...

Also, if all else fails you and your buddies can play Skirmish mode vs bots Coop with each other...simply set it up as you would a MP game and pick Skirmish...you could play MoW forever and not have to need other players. Either way, GL, welcom to MOWAS and have fun blowing shit up!

abhiii
07-13-2013, 08:13 AM
I am playing to buy this game... but not sure whether i should buy men of war or assault squad.. i want to play multiplayer. i hope there are enough players..