PDA

View Full Version : First mission - being spotted while disguised.

PoweredBySoy
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi, friends.

I just picked up this game via Steam yesterday. So far I love the concept and the gameplay, but I'm having trouble with a few quirks and how the game "expects" me to play.

So on the first mission, I successfully reached the enemy bunker and acquired the drivers uniform. Up until this point nobody has been alerted of my presence. I get into the truck and start driving towards the enemy base, but there are still certain officers that are able to identify me and begin shooting on sight. The most annoying one is the group that patrols the small canyon road - as there's really no way to drive by him without him seeing me.

Is there something else I should be doing to better disguise myself? I should note that while I'm wearing the drivers uniform, I am not wearing anything else like a backpack or sniper rifle that would give me away.

Thanks.

hykao
03-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I suggest you: start the game with training level and read all the instructions!

PoweredBySoy
03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I suggest you: start the game with training level and read all the instructions!

That's genius.

Let's assume I did that....

hykao
03-18-2008, 09:24 AM
If you did, then you know: there is not any perfect disguise...(exc. the invisible cheat... :D)...you have to "hide and seek" sometimes and/or keep an adequate distance...and you know: how important the map is...:)

PoweredBySoy
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, I finally got by those 3 guys patrolling the canyon road, but I did it in a half-assed manner. I just drove my truck straight past them, raised the alarm, waited for the alarm to die down, then proceeded to the camp and drove inside.

I'm someone of a perfectionist when it comes to these sorts of games, so I was attempting 100% stealth for the mission - but I really saw no way around it. =(

hykao
03-18-2008, 11:54 AM
You can avoid the alarm and line of sight of patrol-trio. Just use the map and the brake, steering-wheel and accelerator of your truck...and don't forget: you can get off, and hide behind the truck, tree etc... :)

(as far as I remember, only the officer of the patrol can recognize you -> you can see all the dangerous people on the map...)