PDA

View Full Version : Ascension to the Throne !Maybe SPOILER!

Smiffy
03-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi all,
I have just almost finished AttT and i found it an excellent game! It's fun, is challenging at times but still has a nice easy-going gameflow. It's really a shame that games like this don't get the attention they deserve.
I have some more or less minor quibbles though.
And one major. That is: Furies! Once you get these, you have no need at all for any other unit. Equip a ring of speed and all you have to decide is which enemy to kill first. I have lost 2 units of 4 furies since i started hiring them and that only because i have put them in the backrow (making them move after some enemy buggers). So i restarted the fight, put them up front and that was it. Haven't lost any since then. And that was before the ring of speed.
So i was wondering, why not make some enemies immune to physical damage? Or to arrows? This would force players to use magic users or melee fighters as well. And while we're at it, why not make others immune to magic? Now that would be a treat! And add a whole lot of depth to the game. And make other units not completely redundant.
As it is, i'm afraid there is not going to be another patch for this game?
(But if there is, is there any chance for you to consider this?)

Anyway, thanks for this really great game, 1C!
And tomorrow i'll kill the Evil Overlord!

Smiffy