PDA

View Full Version : Somebody should be getting paid for this work.

Cloyd
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
If I knew how to do a poll, I would.

I realize that DT's contract with MG says thet they MAY NOT get paid for the work that they do.

But, if you could send some money to somebody (Either DT or MG) for the 4.09, 4.10, 4.10.1, 4.11 patches, would you?

I've paid full retail for every version of IL2 that MG has produced... not because I need the "latest and greatest" the instant it's available. This software is very cheap relative to most softaware that I use. I figure it's worth paying MG up front, and not waiting for their titles to show up in the bargain-bin. I've gotten my money's worth out of their work.

But, I would pay a little bit more for DT's patches. ;-)

Cloyd

swiss
01-27-2012, 08:06 AM
, would you?

Yes I would.
But: They will, and cannot, accept any money(due to their contract, iirc).

GF_Mastiff
01-27-2012, 01:51 PM
yes, but it be nice to put that money towards IL-2 Cliffs od Dover.

Bolelas
01-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I would pay some money to help team daidalos, even if i dont pay for the patches directly. Ok, they are enthusiasts, but they must have tools to work, eg: if a computer gets broken they must pay with their money...
I am not rich, (far from that), but i would gladdly contribute if they had a paypall account.

AndyJWest
01-27-2012, 07:41 PM
If we can't send money to Team Daidalos, that doesn't necessarily mean we can't help pay for new content. The Pe-8 was an external effort, sponsored to some considerable extent by contributions, which paid for professional 3D modelling. This is a little problematic of course, in that putting funds up in the early stages is risky, and it does require a lot of trust. And then, we'd have to agree on what was to be modelled. Obviously, TD would have to be involved to some extent too - not least in ensuring that the project conformed to official limits etc. I'd like to hear how TD feel about this though - was the Pe-8 project a good precedent?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes, a very good example. :)

FrankB
01-28-2012, 05:32 AM
If we can't send money to Team Daidalos, that doesn't necessarily mean we can't help pay for new content.

Browsing around the IL-2 communities around the world I have discovered the following Czech site (http://www.vwings.net/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=62&thread_id=3715&rowstart=0) (Thanks Google Translate!) where they are fundraising for HE-177.

The thread is a bit messy but if I got it correctly, the external model is already in works/payed for and if they are satisfied with the result, there might be another round of fundraising for cockpit(s) to make it actually flyable.

AndyJWest
01-28-2012, 05:47 AM
A flyable He-177 would be interesting, if a little esoteric in terms of historical significance - but then again, given some of the weirdness that has been modelled previously, not that esoteric. If the Czech site is actually trying to fund a flyable He-177, and it is a genuine candidate for inclusion as an official model, we should probably be letting others know about it, so they can chip in. Firstly though, we'll need to make sure what they are doing. Anyone speak fluent Czech?

Bolelas
01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
And would be good to know if it is being built under the requirements of D Team, so it can go to oficial patch...

FrankB
01-28-2012, 08:06 PM
And would be good to know if it is being built under the requirements of D Team, so it can go to oficial patch...

Yes, that's the way I understand it. External model conforming to TD requirements will be delivered the Czech guys. If they decide to pass it to TD and TD accepts, we might get it as an AI plane (after TD adds the programming part - FM & DM).

FC99
01-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes I would.
But: They will, and cannot, accept any money(due to their contract, iirc).
Not entirely correct. Patches can't be sold but there is nothing preventing us asking and receiving donations. We never asked and declined every offer so far but this is legally possible. Who knows, considering current world economy we might and up begging for money. :)

The Pe-8 was an external effort, sponsored to some considerable extent by contributions, which paid for professional 3D modelling.
Hypothetically , you can even hire any member of DT or whole DT to work for you full time on the features you want in game but patches must be free. Of course, nobody expect that because you would "burn" some serious money that way.

Lagarto
01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
OK, how much for the Tiffy? :grin:

Seriously, many sites hosting skins and stuff have a 'donate' option to help them cover the bills, there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe you should follow the example.

Bolelas
01-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I Agree! Its not that i am donating a big amout ( i still have my rent to pay) but will gladdly donate 10 or 15€, if everybody gave a little we would gain a lot more. So, the only thing i will ask is: add a donation paypal stuff somewhere so we can click and donate. It will not be an obligation, so give it a try.
(I am imagining if the game i play today would still be 4.07m...)

Thank you Team Daidalos.

Fall_Pink?
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Good idea! To whom can I make a donation? It's not going to be a lot of money, but this game has given me so much fun, I'm willing to make a small donation if that's what it takes to keep these great patches coming ;-)

Rgs,
FP