PDA

View Full Version : A little request about cockpit view

Lagarto
01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
I wonder if you could introduce a new cockpit view, let's call it 'front half-down view', which would enable those who don't use TrackIR to see at one glance entire instrument panel in Bf 109s and Fw 190s. As it is now, when looking forward I can see the upper part of the panel, and when switching to 'front down view', I can see only the bottom part. It makes reading some instruments (esp. altimeter) difficult. Changing FOV doesn't help much.
Unless there's some other way around to see the entire instrument panel at one glance (in gunsight view), then someone enlighten me, please.

MrBaato
01-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Are you in 'wide view'?

Lagarto
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
If you mean the view stretched to both sides to fill in wide-screen monitor, yes.

Bolelas
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I think he means the FOV, if you are not zoomed at all (wide view). And what you probably want is when you center view with the key (i use that a lot, because no trackir) the center should be a little lower so you could see all instruments. And your problem, is, if you adjust it slittly with the mouse, on the nex hat switch moove you will loose position, and have to mouse it again. I gess there is no custumizable center position, but i think we should have one. Ask team Daidalos to bring it to next patch :)

JG26_EZ
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Half of the distance of the "Snap View" down/forward, seems to be what Lagarto is looking for.

Lagarto
01-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Half of the distance of the "Snap View" down/forward, seems to be what Lagarto is looking for.

Yes, exactly :) Sometimes words fail me, I'm not English native speaker

The present Snap View down/forward mostly shows the bottom of the 'ghost cockpit' with empty rudder pedals (RL pilots usually see their own feet there), so it's not very helpful anyway. I'd rather have a better view of the instrument panel.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Well... its not the same in all planes cockpits, default camera positions are different. But why don't you use:

1. 6DoF with mouse
2. a combination of 'Forward'+'Front down' - thats how I did it always back then, as I was still using the Num block only (it was [8] and [2]). This will give your the 'Half way forward down'.

Lagarto
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Gosh, how simple... thank you Caspar, I never thought of using a combination of two keys :)