PDA

View Full Version : FMB problem

CzechTexan
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I've had 4.11 (clean install) for a week now. Today while editing missions in the FMB, I loaded a new mission and it was almost blank - no waypoints, no objects, hardly anything showing but the green waypoint select lines were showing in several places.

I loaded other missions from other folders with the same results.

For the past week I've been editing missions and everything worked fine, til now.

I read a few days ago (on M4T I think) that this happened to someone else.

EDIT: I think this is in the wrong forum thread so please delete this. I'll move it to 4.11 debugging.

FC99
01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Check in FMB View/DisplayFilter menu, just in case that you have objects unchecked.

Lagarto
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Tex, if I may - I'd love to see your Caucasus map included in a future DT patch :) (the map's by you, isn't it?)

CzechTexan
01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
thank you FC99. problem solved by checking 'all'. I don't know how it got un-checked. This has never happened to me before.

Lagarto, Thank you for the kind words but I don't think my Caucasus map is "up to snuff" with TD requirements but I'll accept any new map that they include in future patches. I really think that Mixx and Oknevas' maps (new khalkin Gol, Donbass, new Murmansk) should be included in future patches. Looking forward to the new MOSCOW map too. These maps are "up to snuff" in my opinion and blow away all other maps, except for the Solomons.

These newer maps are the direction that TD needs to go in. All the older maps need to be revised/updated, plus add new ones, even if it covers the same area.

Everyone loves nice looking scenery and eye candy. For example, the new airfields make the old ones look very outdated.

IceFire
01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
thank you FC99. problem solved by checking 'all'. I don't know how it got un-checked. This has never happened to me before.

Lagarto, Thank you for the kind words but I don't think my Caucasus map is "up to snuff" with TD requirements but I'll accept any new map that they include in future patches. I really think that Mixx and Oknevas' maps (new khalkin Gol, Donbass, new Murmansk) should be included in future patches. Looking forward to the new MOSCOW map too. These maps are "up to snuff" in my opinion and blow away all other maps, except for the Solomons.

These newer maps are the direction that TD needs to go in. All the older maps need to be revised/updated, plus add new ones, even if it covers the same area.

Everyone loves nice looking scenery and eye candy. For example, the new airfields make the old ones look very outdated.
You mean this map?
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=29717

Looks great! You really should see about getting it included. New maps are great!

We could probably use a few more dogfight sized maps these days as well... I can tell you as scenario builder for online battles the new maps look fantastic but are sometimes too big to work reliably online (Solomons Islands I tried to use but many players had issues). Smaller dogfight server oriented maps that are still large enough to use multiple times are so useful.

Lagarto
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Yes, Donbass map by Oknevas, my no. 1 wish!
By the way, none of you map-makers ever thought of creating a map spanning Peipus and Ilmen lakes? Quite a few historic airbases come to mind: Dno, Soltsy, Staraya Russa, Spasskaya-Polist... Lots of woods, few populated areas, large bodies of water - should be relatively easy to make, and it would fill in a gap in many historic campaigns. Just an idea :)

CzechTexan
01-24-2012, 02:32 AM
yes, IceFire, that is the map. You can download it from SAS1946 or at AAS sites if you use mods. I didn't populate it too much but I wondered if it is good to use online. I don't fly online.

"Dno, Soltsy, Staraya Russa, Spasskaya-Polist"...Novgorad-Tikhvin region I considered as my next project but it's put on the shelf, maybe indefinately. I prefer actually flying rather than doing tedious map-making. Perhaps one of the talented Russian makers like oknevas will do it some day. I wouldn't mind if they re-did the Caucasus. I just want to see more "good" maps available.

It's not really my place to tell TD what maps to include in future patches. It's their choice to pick what they want. All we can do is suggest. Maybe if more people requested new maps then the wish might come true.

The new A/I must have been a tremendous task to accomplish. I applaud TD for the effort! New maps may be just as big a task to tackle. They have to meet certain regulations and standards, I'm sure, and need tweeking and adjusting for Standard IL2.

_1SMV_Gitano
01-24-2012, 07:49 AM
[...]It's not really my place to tell TD what maps to include in future patches. It's their choice to pick what they want. All we can do is suggest. Maybe if more people requested new maps then the wish might come true.

The new A/I must have been a tremendous task to accomplish. I applaud TD for the effort! New maps may be just as big a task to tackle. They have to meet certain regulations and standards, I'm sure, and need tweeking and adjusting for Standard IL2.

DT would be happy to include new maps but, as you said, they have to follow some specifications. In many cases modded maps would need an extensive rework which is indeed very time consuming and our manpower is limited. Moreover we have already some map projects in the pipeline so best thing would be that the authors themselves perform the rework of their creations.

Sita
01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Oknevas

http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,297.90.html

Lagarto
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
The historic details in the attached pics are truly amazing.
By the way, Kalinin proved 'a base too far' for JG 52, elements of which were stationed there during operation Typhoon. The airbase was so close to the frontline that one day it came under Soviet artillery fire and JG 52 had to beat a hasty retreat. Unfortunately this area is completely missed out on the stock map.
Another detail caught my attention - in one of the pics in the linked thread the smoke rising from the crash site looks very realistic. Could we possibly have this feature in one of future patches?

CzechTexan
01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
DT would be happy to include new maps but, as you said, they have to follow some specifications. In many cases modded maps would need an extensive rework which is indeed very time consuming and our manpower is limited. Moreover we have already some map projects in the pipeline so best thing would be that the authors themselves perform the rework of their creations.

Thanks for addressing the issue with maps. It's good to know there are map projects for future patches. (hope those Russian maps mentioned above are included) :cool: