PDA

View Full Version : Protection from shooters, etc

hellboy909
03-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Can anyone tell me what "Protection from [blank]" actually means in game terms? There are a number of these: shooters, charge, etc. Also, any nuts and bolts info on "Hard Taget" and "Slayer" would be appreciated.

megakill
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Not sure about all the stuff, but Slayer greatly increases damage vs heroes, monster creatures like Trolls, Dragons, etc....

Devean
03-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Can anyone tell me what "Protection from [blank]" actually means in game terms? There are a number of these: shooters, charge, etc. Also, any nuts and bolts info on "Hard Taget" and "Slayer" would be appreciated.

I think that protection from shooters greatly increases defence when being shot at. Protection from charge seems to negate charge (only melee takes place). And "Hard target" decreases damage taken, unless the attacker has "Armor piercing".

And megakill is right about the Slayer perk.

DeathMutant
03-14-2008, 02:22 PM
The in-game tips suggest that Slayer works against flying creatures too. High-level Archers with the Slayer perk can sometimes take down a low-level flier with a single-shot. Slayer is a must-have perk for archers, imo.