PDA

View Full Version : Quest Problem - Santa-Maria "Robbery" (using vanilla 7.62 with 1.06 patch)

gestalt17
01-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Hello all,

Recently reinstalled 7.62 (with unofficial 1.06 patch), and came across an awesome quest that I cannot believe I have missed in the past. Yes, it's the Santa-Maria "Robbery" quest. The quest-giver trader required me to recover a merchandise crate from some bandits, with the promise of some eldos and a nice brand new MP5SD.

I managed to find the bandits and plow right through them (only had 2 guys, one with a shotgun and another with a revolver, but we used the cover of darkness and terrain/defilade to take potshots and flank them)... only to find that the merchandise crate and the MP5SD were highlighted RED in the inventory/scavenge screen ("Unable to take item"). :(

Is there something I'm not doing right, or is this a horrible bug that means that I have to start the mission all over again? I've checked the entire game world of the sector but can't see the crate or the SMG anywhere, despite them showing up in the inventory/scavenge screen.

Badbru
01-21-2012, 04:02 AM
This is a common problem with a few of the quests. I'm not sure I know the specific quest you're talking about but the items will have to be picked up manually. ie you're character will have to locate them on the map, you'll have to hold down ctrl key to change the cursor to a grabby hand, and pick it up.

Holding down ctrl will highlight items available to be picked up making it easier to find the item.

The major issue here though is this, often these items whilst they show up on the inventory list have left the map. Explosions, usually from grenades, can cause items to leave the physical map. If you can't find the items needed on the map, probably where the bulk of the enemy first spawned, then you'll need to reload and play out the whole fight again noting where the items are early in the battle and avoid using grenades in that vacinity.

Good luck.

gestalt17
01-21-2012, 05:04 AM
The major issue here though is this, often these items whilst they show up on the inventory list have left the map. Explosions, usually from grenades, can cause items to leave the physical map. If you can't find the items needed on the map, probably where the bulk of the enemy first spawned, then you'll need to reload and play out the whole fight again noting where the items are early in the battle and avoid using grenades in that vacinity.

Now that you mention it, I did begin the counter-ambush by using a F1 grenade...

...tossed right into the center of the bandit group... that spot was probably where the crate and the MP5 were...

...rats. :D Reload time.

Oh well, at least those 3 insta-kills were fun to watch! Thanks for the heads up Badbru.