PDA

View Full Version : 4.11 Stationery Plane Spawning (Dogfight)

Zorin
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi TD,

on BF1 we have encountered the following problem.

If a static plane that is set as a spawn plane gets destroyed its wreck will remain on the spawn position, which results in new players spawning on top of it and being destroyed in the process.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Thats strange. It must be something in the settings, as it is well possible, that damaged static planes get deleted/despawn, when the same static plane spawns again at the same place. I just tried it in FMB. Or was it static plane, that was destroyed on the position of a second static plane?

Can you pls post the mission?

Zorin
01-19-2012, 03:44 AM
Thats strange. It must be something in the settings, as it is well possible, that damaged static planes get deleted/despawn, when the same static plane spawns again at the same place. I just tried it in FMB. Or was it static plane, that was destroyed on the position of a second static plane?

Can you pls post the mission?

Well, I did not encounter the problem personally, but the test team on the server did. In my offline testing it worked just fine. Though one has to keep in mind, and that should also be noted down in the guide, that if all player placed static planes get destroyed that the regular airfield spawn points will be used and therefor should be free of any other static object.

This is also true if, like me, one has build an auxillary airfield with freely placed static planes for spawning and the test runway just being invisible and not used for spawning that that will end up being used if all static planes have been destroyed as well.

Perhaps you guys could find a work around that would prevent that and rather allow for the static spawn planes being reused rather than the spawn points?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Though one has to keep in mind, and that should also be noted down in the guide, that if all player placed static planes get destroyed that the regular airfield spawn points will be used and therefor should be free of any other static object.

Well, in fact I think, this is much obviously. The game gives to the players those planes first, that are nearest to runway/taxyway (this has always been this way) and - if static spawn is allowed - then statics before airfield spawnpoints, which are now to be made visible in FMB.

This is also true if, like me, one has build an auxillary airfield with freely placed static planes for spawning and the test runway just being invisible and not used for spawning that that will end up being used if all static planes have been destroyed as well.

You can disable general spawning from an airfield and only leave static spawning available (FMB). Is it that what you mean?

Perhaps you guys could find a work around that would prevent that and rather allow for the static spawn planes being reused rather than the spawn points?

This is possible already, as long as you don't count damaged static planes are 'removed' from available planes. Check homebase AND individual static plane settings!

Zorin
01-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Well, in fact I think, this is much obviously. The game gives to the players those planes first, that are nearest to runway/taxyway (this has always been this way) and - if static spawn is allowed - then statics before airfield spawnpoints, which are now to be made visible in FMB.

You can disable general spawning from an airfield and only leave static spawning available (FMB). Is it that what you mean?

This is possible already, as long as you don't count damaged static planes are 'removed' from available planes. Check homebase AND individual static plane settings!

Ok, so if I tick the box that says "always replace" for a static plane the result will be that if it gets destroyed, in the air or on the ground, a replacement will be created in its place and placed in the orginial position as defined by me? Therefor the hardcoded airfield spawn points will never be used, correct?

Edit: Apparently not. I just ended up on the testrunway spawn after all static planes had been destroyed.

This is definitely not as straight forward as I had hoped.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
I see the problem now myself. I will forward it to the programmers and see, if I miss something.

Zorin
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I see the problem now myself. I will forward it to the programmers and see, if I miss something.

Thanks for that :)

Zorin
01-19-2012, 04:04 PM

There are also cases when the static plane is shown as destroyed, but will not disappear when a player spawns on its position, which leads to instant explosion due to a collision of wreck and spawning plane.

JtD
01-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Spawn points created with the stationary plane have priority over standard base spawn points, but do not replace them. If you have a base with 20 standard spawn points and add 4 stationary P-51B for stationary plane spawning, the base can support 20 planes of whatever type plus 4 P-51B.

If a stationary plane gets destroyed while it is a stationary plane, it gets destroyed and the spawn point with it.
If a stationary plane gets destroyed while it is being used, the stationary plane will be restored, and the spawn point will still be there.
Standard base spawn points are not effected at all.

That's how I think it is supposed to work and how I checked it is working.

How do you get AI into a stationary plane on a DF server? If things were as I think they are, would your problems still exist? Do you have the mission and a track showing the problem?

Edit: I think I've replied in the proper topic on B-F's, hope it helps.

Zorin
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Spawn points created with the stationary plane have priority over standard base spawn points, but do not replace them. If you have a base with 20 standard spawn points and add 4 stationary P-51B for stationary plane spawning, the base can support 20 planes of whatever type plus 4 P-51B.

If a stationary plane gets destroyed while it is a stationary plane, it gets destroyed and the spawn point with it.
If a stationary plane gets destroyed while it is being used, the stationary plane will be restored, and the spawn point will still be there.
Standard base spawn points are not effected at all.

That's how I think it is supposed to work and how I checked it is working.

How do you get AI into a stationary plane on a DF server? If things were as I think they are, would your problems still exist? Do you have the mission and a track showing the problem?

Edit: I think I've replied in the proper topic on B-F's, hope it helps.

But what does the option for the static plane "always replace" do then??

JtD
01-19-2012, 09:46 PM
If you don't check the checkbox, the plane will be gone when it is lost, in the air, for the first time. Like you take off and crash, it is gone. You need to find another one. This way you can have decreasing population on an airfield, for instance.

If you check the checkbox, a plane that gets lots in the air gets immediately respawned as a stationary.

The "spawning from stationary planes" feature doesn't effect how stationary planes as such are being handled. They get destroyed, they are gone, and spawning from stationary planes cannot be done.

It appears that you're looking for some kind of indestructibility feature for static planes so that they cannot be destroyed for good, which is also an interesting option, but not part of the scope for the spawning feature.

Zorin
01-21-2012, 08:50 AM
If you don't check the checkbox, the plane will be gone when it is lost, in the air, for the first time. Like you take off and crash, it is gone. You need to find another one. This way you can have decreasing population on an airfield, for instance.

If you check the checkbox, a plane that gets lots in the air gets immediately respawned as a stationary.

The "spawning from stationary planes" feature doesn't effect how stationary planes as such are being handled. They get destroyed, they are gone, and spawning from stationary planes cannot be done.

It appears that you're looking for some kind of indestructibility feature for static planes so that they cannot be destroyed for good, which is also an interesting option, but not part of the scope for the spawning feature.

Yes, I think that is what I am looking for in that context.

Fenice_1965
11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi TD,

on BF1 we have encountered the following problem.

If a static plane that is set as a spawn plane gets destroyed its wreck will remain on the spawn position, which results in new players spawning on top of it and being destroyed in the process.

I think it's the same problem we have on SOV. Saw now that the question has been already discussed.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35205
I can post the mission if needed. I have several of them,