PDA

View Full Version : KB Crossworlds Loading Problems

Zepdog
01-17-2012, 06:16 AM
I have played King's Bounty Crossworlds for around a year. A couple of weeks ago I had a problem with the game not booting up (even the original). This was most likely due to a malware I erased that shared a file. I deleted the game and reinstalled then it wouldn't accept the cd key. So I did it again and only loaded the Original KB Armored Princess. I finally got that to work. Now when I try to load the Crossworlds dlc it can't find the original games' folder. It gives the 1c publishing folder as the default but when I click it it says that it can't find the original game on my computer and to maually direct it to the file that the original Armored Princess is. When I do that I just keep getting the same pop-up that it can't find the game. So with this I can't install the Crossworlds version now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zepdog
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Need help now with "Re-activation". I was able to find a command path. Now I need to reactivate the game since I deactivated it when I erased it once out of the many times I did this erase problem because things weren't working out with other problems. Buying from 2 different stores makes things screwy. For some reason the activation code won't work now. It just says that there is an error in activation. The game was "deactivated" on this computer. In the help menu the reactivation process is suppose to be the same as the activation process. But for some reason it isn't working. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Sneaksie
01-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Are both AP and Crossworlds require activation? I would try to deactivate them both, then uninstall them and reinstall from scratch, activating via normal setup procedure.
BTW, are you sure the deleted file was infected? Sometimes some anti-virus programs falsely detect copy protection files as malware.

Zepdog
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
The original AP activated fine (I can play the original AP game). It didn't ask to deactivate the original AP when removing. I will not deactivate AP anyway because the new problem I have is because I deactivated Crossworlds (which I really didn't need to do in the first place). I did a removal and reinstall around 5 times. I only deactivated Crossworlds on the first removal and later found out that I didn't need to deactivate in order to remove the program. I also see that I now have 2 more installs on this computer because of the deactivation, so I won't do that again.

I am not worried about what program was the problem since it doesn't matter, that isn't my problem now (even though I am 75% sure the malware was called Yuntoon, which was causing my internet connection to become non-responsive on every loading page, and is now fixed with that removal). Anyway, Re-activation is my problem (for Crossworlds, since I have no problem with AP).

I need help with trying to Re-activate the game. The re-activation code (which is the activation code) keeps coming up with an ERROR message and not working. It keeps saying that the game was deactivated on this computer and needs to be reactivated (which is what I am trying to do and it won't let me). It is kind of like a sports announcer that points out the obvious "If he just scores then he will put points on the board!".

So I am at an impasse, I don't know what to do now. I have tried Tech Support but they keep sending me my code for the game (10 times). I guess people just don't care anymore and it is just a computer responding to my emails.

Sneaksie
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Send me your activation key via private message (left-click on my nickname on the left and choose 'Send a private message to Sneaksie'), we'll see what's up with activations for this key.

Zepdog
01-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks Sneaksie. I finally received something back from Tech Support saying the exact same thing that you are asking me. I will give it a day or 2 for them to respond before I burden you any further. Thanks for all of your help though. It would be funny if you knew the person that was helping me, or if it is actually you anyway. lol

Sneaksie
01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
No, i don't know guys from support :)

Zepdog
01-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Well it seems that they didn't find any problem with the Activation Key. He also gave me steps to do to try and fix the problem again. But, they are all things I have done. I don't think they are understanding what is happening. I don't know what else to do.

Sneaksie
01-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Is there a file named protect.exe in the game folder? You can run it directly and it should give you a choice of activating/deactivating.

Zepdog
01-21-2012, 05:15 AM
No there isn't. The help section says to hold the Shift and Control buttons while starting the game and that will give the activation screen. That does come up but when I pust on the button to activate I then get another screen that has the ERROR message: "You can't Activate this game because it has been De-activated on this computer" So I am at a loss because it makes no sense, it just keeps contadicting itself on the activation process. "The game has been De-activated, you must Activate!", "You can't Activate the game has been De-activated on this computer!" Just makes no sense.

I bought KB AP GOTY edition on DVD for under $10, so I will try that instead of the DLC that is causing me problems now. Hope that works. (It was cheap so I'm not too upset) I won't get it till sometime next week though. Thanks for all of your help.

Sneaksie
01-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Another option is to uninstall both games and run some registry cleaning software like RegCleaner, since its likely a registry problem.

Zepdog
01-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Did that too and no change.

Zepdog
01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, I got the new KB AP Crossworlds GOTY Edition on DVD. After I the install and the Error screen for the Key Code, I put in the new DVD's Key Code and the game started up just fine.

New rule: NEVER Deactivate a game on a computer when you intend to reactivate on the same computer!

Thanks for your help though Sneaksie.