PDA

View Full Version : Opening movie

dpeters95
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Not that it's a big deal but has anyone else noticed that the opening movie, that plays after loading the game, is much darker than in any previous version? Anyone know why?

Zorin
01-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Not that it's a big deal but has anyone else noticed that the opening movie, that plays after loading the game, is much darker than in any previous version? Anyone know why?

I do believe most of us have it turned off.

On a related note, now that we have all this new content, should we try to find a new opening video showcasing what IL-2 has evolved into? Maybe as a contest? We all know how many talented movie makers we have in this community.

Hunden
01-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I like the idea of a new movie and new music to go along with that. If its good I may even turn it back on.:grin:

dpeters95
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM

On a related note, now that we have all this new content, should we try to find a new opening video showcasing what IL-2 has evolved into? Maybe as a contest? We all know how many talented movie makers we have in this community.

Yeah, I do in my main install but when I loaded up V4.11 as a new install to check it out, there was the movie again and I just noticed how dark it looked. I went back to the other installations I have and turned it on just to check. It's much darker. Just wondering why?

MicroWave
01-17-2012, 12:58 PM
IIRC, those are not real prerendered movies, those are actually tracks replayed by the game engine. Since there were some changes in light effects in the engine the "video" is also affected.

I'm just going to take a look at the intro. I haven't seen it in ages.

IceFire
01-18-2012, 12:10 AM

That would be an interesting contest!

Blaf
02-05-2012, 11:33 AM

+1

HundertneunGustav
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
4 intro movies, chosen by community contest:
-Europe/West
-Europe/East
-Africa
-Pacific

Randomly enabled as intro movies when starting the game
Posted on Youtube by TD/1C/OM/anyone in the business and promoted on the web to boost sales... ?
(not gonna happen but eh... one can dream!)

4.11 stock of course.

Jumoschwanz
02-07-2012, 09:59 PM
I remember how exciting it was when I first bought the original IL2 and loaded it up and it's movie started playing. No music and in black and white it was a powerful introduction to the sim.

I was never a big fan of music as much as just the sounds of the flight sim. With the original introduction it was made to look like a period film clip. The sound of the IL2's engine as it was lifting off and raising it's landing gear was very seductive.

For some reason most younger people can not do a single thing without being plugged into some sort of music as accompaniment. They are steeply prejudiced against any sound that is not a product of human will.

To me it is much more exciting to hear the sounds that happen as by-products and purely chance than the predictable and standard pop-riffs our society is awash in and addicted to.