PDA

View Full Version : Plane code for 190A4 1.42ATA

kennel
01-16-2012, 07:14 AM
I want to try to place this 190 into DGEN campaigns, what code do I use please?

Lagarto
01-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Try FW_190A4FR (I guess FR stands for 'Fully Rated'), you might also want a skin folder under the same name, which is missing.
Generally, whenever a new a/c is added, I select it in a test FMB mission, save, then check the file to see what name it was assigned. The other ones are:

TBD1
CantZ506B
MOSQUITO18
HS_123A1
HS_123B1
KI_45_HEI
KI_45_TEI

kennel
01-16-2012, 08:03 AM
thankyou ill give it ago

MicroWave
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
If you put
DumpPlaneList 1
in [QMB] section of your conf.ini, the game should dump internal plane names (from air.ini) into Missions/Quick/FullPlaneList.dump file.
Perhaps, this can help you.

Lagarto
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
In the past some names were hard to guess, like the P_40SUKAISVOLOCHHAWKA2

by God, who invented that? :grin:

kennel
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
The FW190_A4FR comes up in the plane list as FW190A4 1.42 ATA however campaign missions will not generate. I placed it in the relevent classes file as well as the euro planes date file but got a complete dgen lock up

I will keep trying, here is the last dgen error log

= DGen 4.0.0.9 (01/05/05) =
seed: 14271501
DGen initialization. Side: de, Rank: 0
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=75 km
Length=VeryLong
AI=Normal
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=High
GroundIntensity=High
SlowFire=1.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: De5
Moscow:Zhukov42
Inherits Zhukov42
ReadDB sorties:1

PlayerWing found:Stab_JG51
Blue skill set: 51 39 9
Red skill set: 5 9 21
TestWing(f,s): III_JG5_2 0 00
TestWing(f,s): Stab_JG52 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): Stab_JG51 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 6GvIAP 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 6GvIAP 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 239IAP 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 3IAK 0 00
Inherits operations from DGen\opsZhukov42-N.dat
MissionDistance set, testing DGen\Zhukov42Red0.mis
Can't open!
MissionDistance set, testing DGen\Zhukov42Blue0.mis
Can't open!
Dangerous areas
Red:22 Blue:45
DGen: can't pickup starting base

any ideas?

Lagarto
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I presume you want to fly it, not as AI. If so, forget. At the present state of things, there's no way to add flyable planes to DGen - you can have them only as AI. It was the same story with Hs 129 and all other new flyable planes.
The good news is that a new DGen, currently being worked on by 3rd party, reached alpha stage.

kennel
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys for the help, the plane dump worked MicroWave so if dgen dont play the game Im sure Lowengrins DCG will

Fenrir
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I presume you want to fly it, not as AI. If so, forget. At the present state of things, there's no way to add flyable planes to DGen - you can have them only as AI. It was the same story with Hs 129 and all other new flyable planes.

Incorrect; you can add new planes to fly yourself; you just have to know where to add them!

Go to your DGen folder.

1st you'll need to open and edit the .db file that equates with your desired campaign. I.E. - the BoE D-Day Spitfire campaign over Normandy equates to NormandyRAF.

2nd you need to edit the ***planes.dat file for that campaign (if it does not have its own it will reference the Europlanes.dat) and add your mission, waypoint settings and loadout settings for DGen to reference for your campaign. It's easiest to copy a set from a similar plane and just edit the plane name (& loadouts if necessary).

The only things we can't add to DGen are new ground objects (it won't recognise their codings) and more importantly, new maps (DGen has to be familiar with the locations of airfields and bridges - as this information is map specific it must have a pre-coded database to reference). So no DGen Solomons campaigns for the moment.

There are efforts to crack and understand the DGen.exe afoot at certain Mod sites; how successful they will be is as yet uncertain and whether they will make official status is pure conjecture.

3rd you'll have to find out what the name of your specific campaign is coded as for DGen. For example the Normandy Spitfire is 'GBF'. We are then looking for the planesGBF.dat file to add our plane name to in the relevent section.

It's fiddly, frustrating when it goes wrong and difficult to correct when it does because there's so many ways and places for typos to creep in and kibosh your efforts, but it IS possible. I have done it with many mod aircraft on other installs.

Lagarto
01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Fenrir, what you wrote about adding new flyable planes is quite a revelation to me. Are you sure it works without any MOD??
On the other hand, I have been adding new ground objects to my DGen campaigns with no problem. I've just added the two new masking nets introduced with 4.11.

Juri_JS
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Not all new planes are flyable in DGen, especially many new axis aircraft, but Fenrir is correct, the FW190_A4FR can be flown.

The only things we can't add to DGen are new ground objects (it won't recognise their codings) ....

That's not correct, adding new ground objects is no problem.

There are efforts to crack and understand the DGen.exe afoot at certain Mod sites; how successful they will be is as yet uncertain and whether they will make official status is pure conjecture.

I wouldn't use the word 'crack', the work is done with the official source code from Starshoy and the development is going quite well. ;)

So no DGen Solomons campaigns for the moment.

But maybe soon, I have already flown a few DGen test missions on the Solomon maps. ;)

Lagarto
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I know that CW-21 Demon cannot be made flyable in DGen campaign. I tried hard, wasted a lot of time but all in vain.
I'm very much looking forward to the new DGen and that Solomons campaign of yours, Juri - but you know that already from the other forum :)

Fenrir
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Not all new planes are flyable in DGen, especially many new axis aircraft, but Fenrir is correct, the FW190_A4FR can be flown.

I'll bow down to your greater knowledge here Juri, I had assumed as long as the aircraft had an entry in the air.ini that DGen could reference, add entries in the all the right files for the campaign it would function.

That's not correct, adding new ground objects is no problem.

Ok, didn't realise that. Just that when I tried adding some recent objects to the .mis files that the campaigns refer to, I found them missing on missions and assumed that the .exe didn't recognise latterly added ground objects. Good to know I'm wrong!

I wouldn't use the word 'crack', the work is done with the official source code from Starshoy and the development is going quite well. ;)

Yeah, I understood that but it seemed the right word to use in a hurry; still got a lot of work to do as yet I gather from the SAS forum so seemed appropriate in those terms! Good luck Juri, I for one will be looking forward to your efforts bearing fruit!

But maybe soon, I have already flown a few DGen test missions on the Solomon maps. ;)

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Whoot!

Juri_JS
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM
The current version of DGen is a little bit strange, most new Allied planes are flyable in European campaigns, but not in Pacific campaigns. New Axis planes are usually only flyable if they are variants of plane types that are supported by DGen, for example new Bf-109 or FW-190 models. One of the reasons to create the new DGen is to allow the use of all new planes in DGen campaigns.

And, just to avoid any misunderstandings, for those who haven't read the topic at SAS, I am not the developer of the new DGen, I am just doing the testing. ;)