PDA

View Full Version : 4.11 Stationery Plane Spawning (CooP mode)

KG26_Alpha
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi and thanks for v4.11

Can TD provide a few preloaded missions showing how these functions are performed in FMB

I can set the Spawn to a static plane but it simply takes off in a straight line and crashes,
also what's the point of this feature in CooP, the reason I ask is its purpose is not clear,
unless its for humans to take off from hangars, which is possible at the moment anyway ?

Been a long day ....................................... its just a load of words that makes no sense at the moment.

Staionary Plane Spawning

Setting up for single player and coop missions

In single & coop mission, the feature is enabled by assigning a stationary plane as spawn point
individually to each aircraft. Individual plane tabs has a new pair of buttons (set & clear)
related to this feature.
If AI aircraft spawns in coop mission and it's "AI only" parameter is disabled, spawn point is
ignored since the mission builder cannot know if the plane will be occupied by human or AI.
Note
In single & coop it is possible to assign spawn point to stationary plane which type does not
correspond to the actual plane that is spawning. But generally it is good to place a matching
stationary plane in FMB in order to see how it fits and then assign it to matching player's
plane.

KG26_Alpha
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Nothing then ?

A clearer explanation or sample missions for these new features would clarify what and how they work.

There are many confused with the new FMB stuff.

Thanks.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Sorry, pls have some patience. Maybe it was overseen. I forwarded it to the team.

KG26_Alpha
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Thxz

If you need help let me know :)

JG26_EZ
01-21-2012, 11:15 AM
S~

I think I understand what we can and can't do with this new feature..
If someone from the team could verify if this is all you can do or not (in a coop), it would be appreciated.

See the picture below.

Keep in mind, both aircraft have been attached to their own stationary aircraft in this test below..
(You can only see the yellow line when you've got one particular aircraft selected)

White 1 (if AI) will start in the air, flying from waypoint 0, to waypoint 1.
White 1 (if human) will start at the spawn point (static bf109) that it's attached to.
White 5 (if AI) will start on the runway (standard takeoff waypoint)
White 5 (if Human) will start at the other static plane that I've attached this to, (which in this test was the top static bf109 in the pic.)

You can't have an AI spawn on one of your stationary aircraft and taxi to runway if I'm not mistaken. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
A plane that spawns as human will spawn in the position of the stationary aircraft and not the angle of the "yellow line"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/NewSpawn.jpg

This is very cool in my opinion, because it is much easier to get a human piloted aircraft to "spawn" in a shed without
having to use the invisible runway (which can give you problems from time to time).

Hope this helps until we get some confirmation from TD.

Aviar
01-21-2012, 10:54 PM
S~

I think I understand what we can and can't do with this new feature..
If someone from the team could verify if this is all you can do or not (in a coop), it would be appreciated.

See the picture below.

Keep in mind, both aircraft have been attached to their own stationary aircraft in this test below..
(You can only see the yellow line when you've got one particular aircraft selected)

White 1 (if AI) will start in the air, flying from waypoint 0, to waypoint 1.
White 1 (if human) will start at the spawn point (static bf109) that it's attached to.
White 5 (if AI) will start on the runway (standard takeoff waypoint)
White 5 (if Human) will start at the other static plane that I've attached this to, (which in this test was the top static bf109 in the pic.)

You can't have an AI spawn on one of your stationary aircraft and taxi to runway if I'm not mistaken. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
A plane that spawns as human will spawn in the position of the stationary aircraft and not the angle of the "yellow line"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/NewSpawn.jpg

This is very cool in my opinion, because it is much easier to get a human piloted aircraft to "spawn" in a shed without
having to use the invisible runway (which can give you problems from time to time).

Hope this helps until we get some confirmation from TD.

In reference to "...White 1 (if AI) will start in the air, flying from waypoint 0, to waypoint 1...", that's not the results I got when I tested similar settings in a coop mission.

The AI never started in the air. It always started on the ground.

If the Takeoff Type was set to Normal, the AI would snap to the nearest runway and start from there. If the Takeoff Type was set to Pairs or Line, the AI would take off from wherever I placed the Takeoff waypoint.

Aviar

JG26_EZ
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
In reference to "...White 1 (if AI) will start in the air, flying from waypoint 0, to waypoint 1...", that's not the results I got when I tested similar settings in a coop mission.

The AI never started in the air. It always started on the ground.

Did your flights consist of more than one aircraft in your test?

Mine was done with only one aircraft in each. I tested both
aircraft twice and witnessed what was happening with the
other flight being taken over by AI all four times (in total).
The aircraft had standard waypoints aswell.. none of the new
stuff other than the spawn point being set to the stationary aircraft.

Aviar
01-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Did your flights consist of more than one aircraft in your test?

Mine was done with only one aircraft in each. I tested both
aircraft twice and witnessed what was happening with the
other flight being taken over by AI all four times (in total).
The aircraft had standard waypoints aswell.. none of the new
stuff other than the spawn point being set to the stationary aircraft.

Yes, my test mission consisted of single plane flights with 'standard' waypoints.

Aviar

JG26_EZ
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Check it out.

[MAIN]
MAP Net6Island/load.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
army 1
playerNum 0
[SEASON]
Year 1940
Month 6
Day 15
[WEATHER]
WindDirection 0.0
WindSpeed 0.0
Gust 0
Turbulence 0
[MDS]
MDS_Radar_SetRadarToAdvanceMode 0
MDS_Radar_RefreshInterval 0
MDS_Radar_DisableVectoring 0
MDS_Radar_EnableTowerCommunications 1
MDS_Radar_ShipsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxRange 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MinHeight 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxHeight 5000
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxRange 25
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MinHeight 0
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxHeight 2000
MDS_Radar_ScoutsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_MaxRange 2
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_DeltaHeight 1500
MDS_Radar_HideUnpopulatedAirstripsFromMinimap 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutGroundObjects_Alpha 5
MDS_Radar_ScoutCompleteRecon 0
MDS_Misc_DisableAIRadioChatter 0
MDS_Misc_DespawnAIPlanesAfterLanding 1
MDS_Misc_HidePlayersCountOnHomeBase 0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat1_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat2_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat3_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
[RespawnTime]
Bigship 1800
Ship 1800
Aeroanchored 1800
Artillery 1800
Searchlight 1800
[Wing]
g0100
g0101
[g0100]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.BF_109G2
Fuel 100
weapons default
spawn0 1_Static
[g0100_Way]
NORMFLY 27684.99 27952.45 500.00 300.00 &0
NORMFLY 27687.92 26353.92 500.00 300.00 &0
NORMFLY 25074.63 24517.90 500.00 300.00 &0
[g0101]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.BF_109G2
Fuel 100
weapons default
spawn0 2_Static
[g0101_Way]
TAKEOFF 27685.28 28007.14 0 0 &0
NORMFLY 27575.04 27255.80 500.00 300.00 &0
NORMFLY 27396.79 26946.22 500.00 300.00 &0
[NStationary]
0_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109G2 2 27726.20 27981.29 180.00 0.0 null 1
1_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109G2 2 27725.54 27952.49 539.10 0.0 null 1
2_Static vehicles.planes.Plane$BF_109G2 2 27729.83 27874.97 180.00 0.0 null 1
[Buildings]
[Bridge]
[House]

JG26_EZ
01-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Just realized something...

I tried to test a different mission with the same kind of setup.
When I "Play Mission" from the mission builder, the AI shows up where the spawn "stationary aircraft" is, and end up doing what Alpha mentioned in the initial post. But when I load up the mission as if I'm hosting a coop, the AI aircraft all show up where they're supposed to (on the runway).

THIS is not good, as I'm sure all mission builders realize that to "test fly" a mission will result in all of the AI spawning where humans were meant to spawn, and not on the runway, causing chaos.

The only work around I can think of is to build your mission.. test whatever you're going to test, and when you figure it's ready for consumption, you could begin setting the spawn points. Either that, or test the mission as if you're hosting, but that means you can't use time compression. :(

Too add, the test I did was with a flight of four and this works as well as the the test mission I posted above.

JG26_EZ
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I've noticed that when you do this at a "stock" airfield, there are no problems. But try to do the same with one of the "stationary ship" object, runway 5, and they all snap to the runway and the spawn points won't work.