PDA

View Full Version : A question for TD

_RAAF_Smouch
01-14-2012, 08:32 AM
With the latest patch being released and as I have been reading a lot of people have been having CTD's, while some of us have not had this problem.

There may be some sort of hotfix to sort the problem out.

My question is for those of us who have not been having any problems is:

Will any hotfix or sub-patch mean a new version number eg: 4.11.1, or will it remain somehow as 4.11 and not cause any difference.

What I guess I am trying to find out is if those of us don't have any problem such as the CTD's reported, will we be forced to download a hotfix/patch which may fix the larger community's game but may leave us with a different version.

I know my way around a computer somewhat, but the programming side of things is way beyond me.

I am happy to chat with TD on TeamSpeak if any further clarification of what I am asking is required.

And I do not want this to start any ill feelings with anyone. I am trying to get my head around this issue.

Thanks very much TD for your very valued work

~S~

kennel
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Smouch

Where did you download 4.11 & what torrent program did you use? You are one of the few that appears to have had no issues so far.

I would like to try the same process & see what happens

_RAAF_Smouch
01-14-2012, 08:59 AM
G'day mate,

I just used the torrent link provided in the release announcement and use Vuze as my torrent downloading programme.

Also I use the free versions of Avast and Zonealarm.

Some others have said that they have found a way around ending the CTD's check the bug reporting thread.

I'm not sure if that will be of any help. But there ya go.

~S~

ZaltysZ
01-14-2012, 09:03 AM
CTDs are accompanied by line about AI defense in crash log. It is likely there is a bug with one of defense routines, and we simply get CTD if AI chooses it. All my CTDs happened when I was gaining on enemy aircraft in low to medium E fights, and enemy tried to rise nose up for "some" maneuver. If you don't get CTDs, it is likely you don't provoke AI to use that "problematic" routine.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Thats true... the bug is relevant for everyone and every game version (int/ru/ded) and doesn't have anthing to do with download locations or type of download. From the kind of bug, that it is, everyone should experience a CTD earlier or later.

Its will not appear at all on DF servers without any AI flights.

Its adressed currently and we will present a solution very soon.
If it will be a whole new patch number or just a simple hotfix, is still not evaluated. That depends on the importance of other bugs.

JimmyBlonde
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Its adressed currently and we will present a solution very soon.
If it will be a whole new patch number or just a simple hotfix, is still not evaluated. That depends on the importance of other bugs.

It might be worth doing both, releasing a hotfix for the CTD issue and then looking at a patch (4.11.1) later if required because the CTD probelm is a bit of a game-breaker.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the fix however it comes, thanks for your diligence.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
It might be worth doing both, releasing a hotfix for the CTD issue and then looking at a patch (4.11.1) later if required because the CTD probelm is a bit of a game-breaker.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the fix however it comes, thanks for your diligence.

If the hotfix is very small, it probably will not harm anyone to download it separately. We will then - however - include it in next patch 4.12 anyway or will offer an additional 4.11.1, including more fixes. Its not yet decided.

Fact is, everyone will need to get the fix, because 1st.: the bug can happen to everyone - and 2nd.: the versions with and without bugfix would be incompatible anyway.

_RAAF_Smouch
01-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Cas,

Will be happy to chat if needed.