PDA

View Full Version : Parameters for the new icons?

Cloyd
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi DT,

Maybe I missed the explanation somewhere for the new icon parameters. (I did'nt find much in the guide.)

-Can any keyboard symbol be used, or only "+"?
-Color 3 is green, but what are the other color codes?

Thanks,
Cloyd

P.S. If this patch contained nothing but the mousewheel zoom for the map and FMB, I would call it a success. Thanks for ending that decade-long annoyance.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 06:44 PM
From the guide (yes, really!):

Additional icon options

Three more options were added for mp_dotrange command: ALTICON, ALTCOLOR,
ALTSYMBOL.
ALTICON sets the maximum distance when the icon will be shown. ALTCOLOR sets the color of
the icon. ALTSYMBOL sets the one character symbol which will be shown as icon. These
settings only kick in when old style icons are not shown, i.e. when distance of COLOR, TYPE,
NAME, ID and RANGE are smaller than the distance to the aircraft.
Example:
mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT 25.0 COLOR 0.1 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 1.0 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1 ALTICON
2.5 ALTSYMBOL + ALTCOLOR 3
This will display a symbol "+" above the aircraft between 1.0 and 2.5 km in color 3 (green).

MicroWave
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
You can use any character.
Colors are the same as for the 16 armies present in the game.
The names are:
0 - None
1 - Red
2 - Blue
3 - Green
4 - Gold
5 - Purple
6 - Aqua
7 - Maroon
8 - Navy
9 - Emerald
10 - Olive
11 - Magenta
12 - Teal
13 - Orange
14 - Turquoise
15 - Brown
16 - Salad
17 - White
I'm not sure what None really means. RGB color should be something like 0x408040 for that one.

Cloyd
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
From the guide (yes, really!):

Thanks Caspar, I think. Believe it or not, I did read the guide. But I still had questions.

Cloyd

Cloyd
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
You can use any character.
Colors are the same as for the 16 armies present in the game.
The names are:
0 - None
1 - Red
2 - Blue
3 - Green
4 - Gold
5 - Purple
6 - Aqua
7 - Maroon
8 - Navy
9 - Emerald
10 - Olive
11 - Magenta
12 - Teal
13 - Orange
14 - Turquoise
15 - Brown
16 - Salad
17 - White
I'm not sure what None really means. RGB color should be something like 0x408040 for that one.

Thanks MicroWave,

Just what I needed to know. I'm having some trouble getting it to work. No matter what number I enter for ALTCOLOR, I get color NONE, which seems to be no color at all, since I can't see the ALTICON. I'll keep trying, probably "user error" somewhere. (I'm trying to get it to work with my icon script. Are there FRIEND and FOE modifiers, like for all of the other parameters, or are they the same for both?)

Cloyd

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Ah sorry, so the text in the guide was not clear enough and the colors missing, obviously. Glad, that we could help. :)