PDA

View Full Version : 4.11 - 6DoF debugging

daidalos.team
01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
@moderator: please make it a sticky

Please post any 6DoF problems you find in patch 4.11. If you find any major cockpit holes we have overlooked, please post a screenshot for us. Thank you.

Daidalos Team

pupo162
01-13-2012, 09:28 PM
small glitch in spitfire cockpit.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4181/79756768.png

BTW, is there nay chance we can get a more soft spitfire nose? a few more polys would be nice. :grin:

Hunden
01-13-2012, 10:37 PM
pupo I wouldn't exactly call that a glitch, I mean if you manage to look far enough under the seat you won't actually find any cushion.

pupo162
01-13-2012, 10:58 PM
pupo I wouldn't exactly call that a glitch, I mean if you manage to look far enough under the seat you won't actually find any cushion.

im just leanign forward and a litle bit to the side. its very rough, but this glitch appears in other sitations too. this one is the most representative. it also gets more noticeble in high G maneuvers as your "body" is pulled down.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-14-2012, 07:46 AM
We'll check that. Thanks!

GF_Mastiff
01-14-2012, 07:51 AM
good work, I tried and not getting that problem. Might
be graphics driver problems my nvidia is not causing
that

JtD
01-14-2012, 08:01 AM
The real glitch are the markings. ;)

mazex
01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Hmm, don't know if I missed some part in the readme - but 6dof does not work for me... Normal TrackIR works, and I tried DCS Black Shark 2 to see that 6dof works there and it does. Is there some conf.ini line I must add? Using TrackIR 4 with the latest software and I have dowloaded the latest game support for it...

Thanks a lot for all your work!

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Hmm, don't know if I missed some part in the readme - but 6dof does not work for me... Normal TrackIR works, and I tried DCS Black Shark 2 to see that 6dof works there and it does. Is there some conf.ini line I must add? Using TrackIR 4 with the latest software and I have dowloaded the latest game support for it...

You mean, normal rotating via TrackIR works? Then check, if you are in flight position and not in aiming position (where 6DoF is disabled) - to change between both use Shift+F1.

mazex
01-14-2012, 03:44 PM
You mean, normal rotating via TrackIR works? Then check, if you are in flight position and not in aiming position (where 6DoF is disabled) - to change between both use Shift+F1.

Cheeks blushing :) I was in aiming mode, did not realize it as it was a long time since I played IL2 now and I thought I had mapped aim mode to one of my buttons on my throttle (which in fact was max zoom in / narrow FOV, but in CoD i've mapped it to aiming mode). I had read that the 6dof didn't work in aim mode but didn't remember it was another button I had mapped to that...

Sorry for wasting your time. The 6dof implementation is just awsome. Adds a lot to the good ole IL2!

pupo162
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
similar bug on the 109f4. as you zoom your head too look over your noose:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2063/56601334.png

again, it seems this new addition of 6dof has a new exterior part of the airplane being seen from really close range: the noose. most il2 3d models have really bad poly count noses since they weren't visible before. is there any chance this could be corrected by giving a few more poly count on the noose?

dont misunderstand me, 6dof on il2 is nearly perfect and im loving it, i just want to help :grin:

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Pupo... only you will see these glitches due to your extrem FoV. Everyone else with normal FoV doesn't see it. Its not fixable as there is only a small tolerance between 'not seeing extern part from cockpit' and 'extern part sticking into cockpit'. I guess, you have a reason for using your FoV (which I personally cannot really understand), but we cannot support it better.

pupo162
01-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Pupo... only you will see these glitches due to your extrem FoV. Everyone else with normal FoV doesn't see it. Its not fixable as there is only a small tolerance between 'not seeing extern part from cockpit' and 'extern part sticking into cockpit'. I guess, you have a reason for using your FoV (which I personally cannot really understand), but we cannot support it better.

oh. makes sense. sorry. never tought of it.

th reason why im using my fov its simple. i have 2 screens.

jermin
01-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Not a bug.

The default height of line of sight (when Shift + F1 is disabled) is a bit lower than the aiming line in Bf-109s and Fw-190s. I have to stretch my head upwards and rightwards to get the reticle into the center of the revi sight in order to aim, which will make my neck uncomfortable after some time of playing.

Could you please consider lifting the default line of sight to the same height of the aiming sight so that we only need to move our heads a little to right to aim?

Snake
01-15-2012, 11:36 AM
When you're about to fire just switch back to normal gun sight view not the 6dof one.

Tafe1988
01-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello!
I only wanted a small error report to 4.11.

And while I'm flying without TrackIR. I fly with the x52 joystick and so to see myself (and coolie-hat in conjunction with the mouse stick in the relapsing-control).
Normal white I see myself with a coolie hat backward around and just then I use the mouse-stick to look even further back can.

But if I try to 4:11 (just in the transition from cooli on mouse-stick), shake the tree (relationship-my white head) very quickly to the left and right, and then directed back to the front ...

Perhaps some of you have the time, the error-corrected.
answer to any of you, I would be happy but in any case:)

yours sincerely

Tafe1988

sorry 4 my bad english ^^

i have uploaded a zip-file with a screenshot and a small video from il-2 (.ntrk)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Not a bug.

The default height of line of sight (when Shift + F1 is disabled) is a bit lower than the aiming line in Bf-109s and Fw-190s. I have to stretch my head upwards and rightwards to get the reticle into the center of the revi sight in order to aim, which will make my neck uncomfortable after some time of playing.

Could you please consider lifting the default line of sight to the same height of the aiming sight so that we only need to move our heads a little to right to aim?

I also think, its uncomfortable and a disadvantage compared to other planes.
Thanks for pointing it out.

ZaltysZ
01-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Situation: I am flying straight in P51 and I have bomber stream at my high 7-8h. I see contrails. If I look at my 6-8h, everything is fine, but if I add some head movement to sides, some contrails closer to screen edge disappear. It is like some sort of clipping issue.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello!
I only wanted a small error report to 4.11.

And while I'm flying without TrackIR. I fly with the x52 joystick and so to see myself (and coolie-hat in conjunction with the mouse stick in the relapsing-control).
Normal white I see myself with a coolie hat backward around and just then I use the mouse-stick to look even further back can.

But if I try to 4:11 (just in the transition from cooli on mouse-stick), shake the tree (relationship-my white head) very quickly to the left and right, and then directed back to the front ...

Perhaps some of you have the time, the error-corrected.
answer to any of you, I would be happy but in any case:)

yours sincerely

Tafe1988

sorry 4 my bad english ^^

i have uploaded a zip-file with a screenshot and a small video from il-2 (.ntrk)

I see what you mean. Can you please post or attach your settings.ini (can be found in "Il-2 root folder"/Users/"Pilots name"/ ). Thanks!

Tafe1988
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey caspar... thx for fast answer....

so... here is the settings.ini (in a zip-file)

i know, that the most pilots uses TrackIR... so i dont think, that anyone cares...

but, i will buy trackir too.... but... i think only in 3 months, or later...

so i really hope, you can help me, or fix it, somehow?!

thank you (lot of thanxes)

si ya!

PS.:
äh, caspar?? my chief from my squadron says, that someone from ur team can speak german?? im not sure, but i think, he said caspar??
do you speak german?? ... (please please please) :P

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes. :) (in fact we have four germans in the team)

Thanks for posting your settings. If you tend to handle this better in german, then I suggest you to write me a PM.

GF_Mastiff
01-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Situation: I am flying straight in P51 and I have bomber stream at my high 7-8h. I see contrails. If I look at my 6-8h, everything is fine, but if I add some head movement to sides, some contrails closer to screen edge disappear. It is like some sort of clipping issue.

do you see like an invisable box and corners? I had this issue the other day apllied the hot fix and I don't see it anymore. or it might of been turn on vsyn.c

Bionde
01-17-2012, 04:02 AM
help!

if I move the mouse, trackir stops working

GF_Mastiff
01-17-2012, 05:45 AM
help!

if I move the mouse, trackir stops working

go into the hardware settings and see if your mouse was binded to the mouse controls.

if so take it off the mouse control feature is for the head movement not guns turrets.

Bionde
01-17-2012, 07:42 AM
go into the hardware settings and see if your mouse was binded to the mouse controls.

if so take it off the mouse control feature is for the head movement not guns turrets.

tanks alot!!

Untamo
01-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Not a bug.

Workaround: Lean lower and left when centering your tracking software. It helps to have the centering bound to some convenient button so you can adjust the "center" in-flight.

Bionde
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
omg...

when I minimize the game and come back, the trackir stops working...

GF_Mastiff
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
omg...

when I minimize the game and come back, the trackir stops working...

mmm well that doesn't happen to me.

you might want to check your security setting for track ir make sure you have admin rights and check further in this procedure/

right click on the track ir icon / scroll all the way down and click on properties/ click on the advanced button on the lower right, check the box that says run as administrator next click ok/ next your back at the properties window click apply/ next tabs at the top of the window click on the Security tab/ there's 2 box's one says Group user names; beneath this is an edit button, click on that; a new window/ group or user names left click on those names and system names each one at a time, look at the permissions for everyone; check every box including full control all the way down except special; apply. do this for all the names in the group user names/ apply each time/ when finished click ok. if apply on the properties windows is active apply then ok, close. your track ir should work .

Bionde
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
thanks for support Mastiff, but the software still running and ok, but in game don't works only mouse... :/

i'm using freetrack .-.

[URU]BlackFox
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I use FreeTrack also, but for me it works just like in 4.10.1. No issues here. Maybe some key conflicts that disable FreeTrack when you go to desktop?

Bionde
01-18-2012, 12:03 AM
negative, I've checked all controls... now i'm flying in window :/

AndyJWest
01-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Minor graphic glitch with the Avia B-534. Canopy open, seat raised position:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae65/ajv00987k/grab0019.jpg
Weird low-res iron sight superimposed on the proper one. It goes away when you turn your head.

Tafe1988
01-20-2012, 02:56 PM
ahm caspar??

so, can u help me with my problem??
or some other guys??

cya :(

Freelansir
01-20-2012, 05:19 PM
No bug (I think) I just need help with the instructions for TrackIR and what actually goes in the conf.ini.

Instructions are:

Setting the conf.ini
In section [HookView Config], the following parameters can be added: LeanF, LeanS and Raise. Possible range is from 0.01 to 1.0 with higher number giving faster motion. These settings affect all types of controllers (including TIR).

I added the following lines to my conf.ini at the end of [HookView Config]:

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=50000.0
Speed=6
LeanF=1.0
LeanS=1.0
Raise=1.0

I only get 2DOF and yes, I checked to make sure I wasn't in gunsight view.

Could someone post their lines to the conf.ini so I at least have a starting point ?

Thanks

AndyJWest
01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
TrackIR 5 worked for me without any need to add anything to conf.ini - I've not got LeanF, LeanS or Raise set at all.

TheGrunch
01-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I have:

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=6

Works fine for me. Are you sure your profile for IL-2 has the other axes enabled?

Claymore
01-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi !

First I would like to congratulate all DT members involved in the 6Dof addition, specialy for the Fw 190; guys you did a very nice job ;)

I would like to draw your attention on the fact that since the Fw 190 A8 has a "flat canopy" and as the Fw 190 A8 Mistel share with the A8 the external 3D, we have, inside the Mistel cockpit the "Late canopy", the same as the A9 now so it don't match at all... :rolleyes:

I think that the mistel should now have the same canopy that A8, exactly what I made in my Fw 190 & ta 152 Pack :)

Best regards !

Freelansir
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM
TrackIR 5 worked for me without any need to add anything to conf.ini - I've not got LeanF, LeanS or Raise set at all.

I have:

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=6

Works fine for me. Are you sure your profile for IL-2 has the other axes enabled?

Thanks for the help guys. It was really working before but since I couldn't lean in real close to read the instruments I thought something wrong. My TrackIR profile I use for other sims and is still okay. Will have to mess around with it more.

My thanks again !

Blaubaer
01-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I only get 2DOF
I solved the problem by using my UP3-conf.ini.

Regards,
der Blaubär

Bob_Drugstore_Arp
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Hellcat F6F-3
two very little holes (right and left)
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4700/54535613.0/0_78f0c_386ebb5d_XXL.jpg

kpax
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Hello,
I have a TiR 5.0 and it works with IL2 4.11m. I have defined hotkeys to pause and center the trackir.
I have two problems with TiR in game :

hotkeys do not respond in IL2 (not possible to pause or center track ir)
is it possible to use mouse in external views ? For the moment only track ir works in external views.

What can I do to make all of this work ?

Thanks

Best Regards.

TheGrunch
01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Which keys / joystick buttons did you use? Did you make sure they were not already bound in your Il-2 controls screen?
I would like to know this also! :)

kpax
01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,

Thanks for answering.
I have tried several ways : trap, not trapped, a key not used a key used,
a single char key etc... (I tried with the pause hotkey -- so I can see the red led if by chance it worked ) with the same unwanted result : hotkeys are not working when I run IL2!. If I do alt-tab then I can use the hotkeys are correctly sent to the TiR.

Have fun

TheGrunch
01-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Tried a joystick button? Does your keyboard have any fancy drivers or anything like that? Does your joystick use a keymapper?

kpax
01-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Hello,

My keyboard is a Logitech G15. Hotas is CH-Products.
The only way I succeed to use some TiR hotkey is to use the
Hotas in Dx Direct Mode and map a DX-Button to the hotkey. This is not a solution for me as I need to maps keys not only in Dx-Button (CH-product map mode).

I have this problem only in IL2. Neither the keyboard, neither the Joystick ( in mapped mode) can send the hotkey to TiR. I think I will drop the use of TiR in IL2.

I do not have this problem in Cliff of Dover or RoF.

Anyway, thank you for the help. I will investigate further.
All idea are welcome.

Salute!

AndyJWest
01-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Not sure that this really counts as a bug, but the Pe-8 gyrocompass is practically impossible to read behind the control column, even at the extremes of head movement. Any chance of tweaking the movement limits a bit so it can be read? I doubt the pilots had to unbuckle their harness and stand up to navigate. :grin:

kpax
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Hello,
I have a TiR 5.0 and it works with IL2 4.11m. I have defined hotkeys to pause and center the trackir.

Thanks

Best Regards.

Hello,

On C6 forum JV69_Kartoffe gave me the solution. IL2.exe and TrackIr.exe must run both with same rights : admin or not. So I put both executables to run in admin mode and I got back the TiR hotkeys while running IL2.:grin:

If this can help some body....

Salute

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your report! It really may help some or the other.
Although it works for me anyway:

TrackIR.exe - Admin
Il2fb.exe - no admin

Win7 64bit

TrackIR 4, Logitech G15 keyboard

kpax
02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your report! It really may help some or the other.
Although it works for me anyway:

TrackIR.exe - Admin
Il2fb.exe - no admin

Win7 64bit

TrackIR 4, Logitech G15 keyboard

TiR 5 here.
I made some other tests:

TiR admin -- il2 no admin ->ok

It seems that the TiR must have at least same priviledges as IL2.
I tried with RoF and I have the same problem; if program has a higher priviledge (admin versus non admin),hotkeys are not responding.

Have a nice day.

Bearcat
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Hello,

is it possible to use mouse in external views ? For the moment only track ir works in external views.

Thanks
Best Regards.

To use the mouse in external you must either turn off TIR or remove your hat .. or whateer you use to activate TIR .. Otherwise your head will still control th external views.

Ra'Kaan
02-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello,

On C6 forum JV69_Kartoffe gave me the solution. IL2.exe and TrackIr.exe must run both with same rights : admin or not. So I put both executables to run in admin mode and I got back the TiR hotkeys while running IL2.:grin:

If this can help some body....

Salute

Thank you, fixed me right up!

FenbeiduO
02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
The 6dof in 4.11 is works as 5dof (for me?). I mean the other 1axis are useless...(sorry~) --->I can't ZOOM sight forward/backward effectivly anymore in game like 4.10with 6dof mod before.To explan myself clearly I made a video
http://youtu.be/GuAWAvZL6S0
(sorry for the fps)
OR is there anything(like[HookView Config])wrong with my conf.ini?
mine:
[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=0.4
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=2
LeanF=1
LeanS=0.5
Raise=0.4
RubberBand=0.6

kpax
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Hello,

Have you checked this :
"Then check, if you are in flight position and not in aiming position (where 6DoF is disabled) - to change between both use Shift+F1. " ?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]The 6dof in 4.11 is works as 5dof (for me?). I mean the other 1axis are useless...(sorry~) --->I can't ZOOM sight forward/backward effectivly anymore in game like 4.10with 6dof mod before.

MicroWave
02-11-2012, 11:44 AM
The 6dof in 4.11 is works as 5dof (for me?). I mean the other 1axis are useless...(sorry~) --->I can't ZOOM sight forward/backward effectivly anymore in game like 4.10with 6dof mod before.To explan myself clearly I made a video
http://youtu.be/GuAWAvZL6S0
(sorry for the fps)
OR is there anything(like[HookView Config])wrong with my conf.ini?
mine:
[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=0.4
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=2
LeanF=1
LeanS=0.5
Raise=0.4
RubberBand=0.6

6DoF consists of 3 rotation angles and 3 moving axes:
left-right motion
up-down motion
forward-backward motion
rotation in azimuth
rotation in tangage
roll
Roll of the camera is only possible for TiR devices.

Zooming in/out is a completely separate feature.

FenbeiduO
02-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Zooming in/out is a completely separate feature.

Thanks for the reply microwave.I can distinguish between zoom and 'forward/backward motion'feature now.:)

Tanks for your eagerness kpax :)

BTW:I propose to combine zoom and F/Bward motion fountion.In the game zoom is a high frequency used feature. If so,that will more effective than we use key or axis.:grin:

perproqra
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
DOF with mouse

Is there a way to switch DOF controlled by mouse to :

when I press the LeftMouseButton I move the head X (left/right) and Y axis (up and down)
???

Now. By the defoult mouse controlling XX (left/right) and Z (front/back)
i want to switch Z with Y

-=MadCat=-
03-05-2012, 12:30 AM
If you switch to "gunsight view" in the Heinkel Lerche, you don't look down far enough anymore.
The ultra-sound altimeter and vertical speed indicator are impossible to see now, unless you bend the head, outside of "gunsight view", in a really odd position.

Good night everyone !

Treetop64
03-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Don't know if this was mentioned already. This occurs when using the mouse to look around. After about 30 minutes or more in mission the view begins to become a bit spastic and jittery when looking around. This "view spasm" only occurs for a moment as the player looks around with the mouse. Once this does begin to occur, it only happens when the player looks somewhere quickly. If the player pans the mouse slowly the spasm does not happen.

MOG_Hammer
03-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Not a bug.

Use your trackIR software to edit your TrackIR profile in the x axis to make it go further away when only moving a little. Do the same to your Y axis so you will not have to raise or lower your head much. Rembember I am not talking about your pitch and yaw axis. BTW you might use the TrackIR 5 software (compatible with TrackIR 4 pro and TrackIR 5 devices) which is easier to understand and set up.

Ace1staller
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Fix the Throttle system on the Fw-190A-4. TD, I realized it only reaches 88% in flight and its unfair because its harder to get the plane moving fast at a 100% throttle. Also please fix the landing gear on the F4F-3 Wildcat. It refuses to open when I was pressing the button that lowers the gears. :eek:

Aviar
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Also please fix the landing gear on the F4F-3 Wildcat. It refuses to open when I was pressing the button that lowers the gears. :eek:

Who wants to tell him? I don't have the heart.

Aviar

CWMV
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Lol! I suppose I will!

Ace1staller, the -3 has manual landing gear like the I16. You need to assign a key to manually extend and retract landing gear.
Then when said keys are assigned, you have to key it repeatedly to gt the gear to drop/retract.

Luno13
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
You can also use manual extension/retraction in all other aircraft if the hydraulics are damaged and the gear won't come down.

MOH_Hirth
03-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Lets 5DOF like a optional choise, and let friendly for 6DOF MOD, is a old revised mod working perfect. i like linear "oneone" profile, and with 4.11 the 5dof dont respect trackir4 settings...

Herra Tohtori
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm not really sure whether you guys count this as a "bug" but I'll report it nevertheless.

In the Me-262 cockpit, it is now impossible to look through the Revi gunsight by moving your head in normal cockpit view. Instead you have to select the "Gunsight view".

This seems to be caused by the limits of X/Y/Z translation movement being set too low; the gunsight is simply too far low, and you hit a "limiter" before the viewpoint is aligned with the gunsight.

Whether or not this is intentional or not, I could not say; however in my opinion, the Gunsight view is distracting, limiting, and immersion-breaking. The fluid transition to gunsight view is much better than the snap-change before, but it's still an action that requires a button press, while you could smply LOOK through the gunsight instead by intuitive head movements; it is much better if you have the ability to freely move your viewpoint in the game to align with the gunsight.

Moreover, obviously pilots would have been able to do this in reality... otherwise they would not have been able to aim at all.

It is also my opinion that the translation limits in general are too low in the game, especially on vertical axis. Moving the head slightly upwards so that the centre of gunsight reticle is visible at the top of the reflector glass offers slightly better visibility, as the gunsight itself is not blocking the view at the bottom. Not being able to do so feels slightly restrictive and unnatural.

Also, it would seem like a logical assumption that in reality, pilots would have been seated high enough that when they lean forward toward the gunsight, their eye level would drop on the level of the gunsight itself; if you consider the biomechanics of leaning forward from the hip or neck, in both cases the view point descends.

With the old 6DOF mod, it was pretty much trivial to move your head the required distance to look through the sight - as it should be. In this aspect, the new native 6DOF implementation is actually inferior to the old mod.

Finally: I can understand if these restrictions are in place due to technical limitations such as being unable to fix the cockpit models beyond these viewpoint restrictions. However, in many cases this does not seem to be the case, and if the movement restrictions are there for gameplay reasons, then I think they are slightly too small in general.

The Me-262 highlights a case where the range of motion is simply set too small, yet the pilot can still move their head down enough to look through gunsight - by pressing a button, instead of using the 6DOF directly. Logically, this does not compute... if the pilot is able to look through the gunsight, it should work with 6DOF only as well, yes?

I would be thankful for a reply on this matter at some point.

stovak
06-22-2012, 11:38 PM
In the Me-262 cockpit, it is now impossible to look through the Revi gunsight by moving your head in normal cockpit view.

Could this be a problem with your TIR set-up, assuming you use it? I'm using a hat-switch for head movement and have no trouble using the sight, so it doesn't seem to be a limitation on the range of movement.

[URU]BlackFox
06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
The multiplier factor for head movement is adjustable. The readme has some details about it.

Herra Tohtori
06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Could this be a problem with your TIR set-up, assuming you use it? I'm using a hat-switch for head movement and have no trouble using the sight, so it doesn't seem to be a limitation on the range of movement.

I use FreeTrack with spectrum modified Microsoft VX-1000 webcam. It's not a field of view issue, as I retain full control over rotation (which means all the reflective dots are visible) - the movement range just stops in the game, not letting the camera move further up, down, left, right, front or back. There are no translation limits in place in the software itself, beyond the camera's field of view, so it doesn't seem like I'm hitting any fence there.

I interpreted the issue as the camera "bounding box" kicking in, preventing the movement of the camera to areas that are deemed "inaccessible", either for gameplay purposes, or for preventing the camera from going into places where the cockpit mesh has transparent or otherwise glitchy spots.

BlackFox;437274']The multiplier factor for head movement is adjustable. The readme has some details about it.

If I'm not mistaken, multipliers usually affect the speed at which the movement of your head is translated to the viewpoint's movement in the game; I would expect increasing them would simply mean that you reach the hard limits of the movement range with lesser movement of your head... but I could be completely wrong about this.

I will experiment with them as soon as I find them, but I am unsure whether it is easily possible to extend the range of translation on X/Y/Z axis, especially on plane-specific level.

stovak
06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, ...

No, you are correct as far as I know. The relevant settings in the conf.ini are:

[HookView Config]

Speed=2
LeanF=0.1
LeanS=0.05
Raise=0.05
RubberBand=0.5

They affect the speed and smoothness of movement, but not range.

I can't help with FreeTrack though, sorry.

Treetop64
06-23-2012, 05:43 PM
- Deleted -

Spudkopf
07-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Just in case this is actually a 6DOf related issue:

Was flying the Ju88 yesterday evening testing out 6dof (5dof) mouse and keyboard when I noticed some visual glitches I'd not noticed until now regarding the pilots side front sliding quater window forward pillar in that there are several tears and holes on this pillar as can been seen the image below within the dashed area:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/305th/ju88ckptglitches2.jpg

I've searched Google high and low for past images of the Ju88 cockpit. And it would appear that the pillar issue was not present when the Ju88 was first ported into the sim as can be seen in these reference images which are from the original Ubi news pages that announced the Ju88 implementation back in 2004ish.

http://il2-sturmovik.de.ubi.com/ss/Ju-88Cockpit_02.jpg

http://il2-sturmovik.de.ubi.com/ss/Ju-88Cockpit_03.jpg

Could some kind person from TD possibly take a look at the issue and maybe even try and fix the it before the release of 4.12 (pretty please).

Herra Tohtori
07-18-2012, 09:38 PM
After some looking into the new features, I discovered that there are now controls to manually adjust the viewpoint location in addition to just the 6DOF movement from head tracking.

With that, I am indeed able to shift the viewpoint in Me-262 down enough to look through the gun sight in normal view.

This is a good feature.:grin:

zxwings
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Please look at the screenshots, illustrating what happens after a switch to gunsight view.

-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=10411&stc=1&d=1343724700

1 - The head is rotated to the left (traditional 2DoF feature), and also leaned as much as possible to the left (new 6DoF feature).

-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=10412&stc=1&d=1343724700

2 - Now switch to gunsight view via the "Toggle Gunsight" key (Shift+F1 by default).

-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=10413&stc=1&d=1343724700

3 - Switch back by tapping the "Toggle Gunsight" key again. Now the view is clealy different from that in screenshot 1, despite the fact that there has been no change whatever to the 6DoF coordinates. As is easily seen, the head rotation (or the direction of the "camera") remains, but the position of the head due to leaning is clearly lost.

In fact, the newer 4DoF coordinates are reset to zero when the "Toggle Gunsight" key is pressed.

This is a bug, I think. All the 6DoF axes should be treated on an equal footing. There is no reason to let the coordinates of the traditional 2DoF rotation axes be kept intact between 'toggle gunsight' switches whereas the other 4DoF coordinates of your current view are all reset to zero whenever you touch the 'Toggle Gunsight' key.

All the 6DoF coordinates - not just two of them - of the head should remain unchanged after pure switches between normal view and gunsight view.

Thanks for your patience.

SpacemanSpiff
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and so please don't be too mad at me for posting in the wrong place if you think I did. Feel free to move the posting somewhere else, though.
I haven't been flying online for quite a while now, but maybe someone saw me mistreating aircraft (usually my own) in the virtual skies where I use the same nickname.

Well, I have the following situation:
I use wine to run Sturmovik in Linux. Until the installation of 4.11 I could use linux-track-wine to control my view in Il-2. Indeed, in 4.10.1m with UP3RC4 it still works. In 4.11.1m it doesn't, even with an identical conf.ini and I am not in the gunsight mode (shift+F1).
Luckily there is another way - DeviceLink. To try it out, I first made sure I could control my view by running 4.10.1m and sending DeviceLink commands from the console. This works, of course only 2dof but that's ok.
When running 4.11.1m, the same commands do not work. The DeviceLink of my 4.11.1m installation does work as I found out by sending DeviceLink commands which control e.g. throttle settings and such.
I tried to find a solution online but did not succeed.
Did the input format of view/trackIR-related DeviceLink commands undergo undocumented changes? Is there some settings in conf.ini I need to adjust (tried both trackIRUse=0 and 1)? Is this simply a bug? If yes, are there fixes around which I did not find?

Thanks for your help!

Spiff
(who now constantly crashes WW2 planes instead of little red spaceships)

uglyDwarf
03-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Hello,
there seems to be an ommision in the DeviceLink protocol description in versions 4.11+.
To quote the docs:

TrackIR
11 set(float,float,float)
Sets the camera turn angles - yaw, pitch, and roll [deg.].
The roll param is ignored.

The problem is, that in 4.11+ this doesn't work; to make it behave, six flot values has to be sent, representing all 6 degrees of freedom.

As for Spiff's problem, new linuxtrack version supports this, using the '--format-il2-6dof' option. Also the linuxtrack wine plugin (installed via ltr_gui) should work.
Kind regards,

Michal