PDA

View Full Version : [REL] 4.11 Official Release

daidalos.team
01-12-2012, 09:25 PM
@moderator: please make it a sticky

Dear IL-2 fans,

On behalf of 1C:Maddox Games and Daidalos Team, we are pleased to present you the patch 4.11.

The development of 4.11 patch took us yet another year to complete. Our main focus was on delivering you an uncompromised 6DoF experience and a large scale re-programming of AI logic. We have also listened to your feedback regarding bomb fuzes as introduced in 4.10 and have completely reworked this optional selectable feature in more detail and historical accuracy. Along side the new planes, ground units and additional content included in the patch, we believe that each of you will find something you have been waiting for and will now enjoy.

As with the previous patches we would like to ask the IL-2 community members to please report any relevant issues or errors we did not catch through our beta testing process. We have just opened three 4.11 debugging threads. One is dedicated to new AI changes, the second for any 6DoF related issues, and the third one for all other general bugs.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29040
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29041
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29042

Of course you can also use our DT email for the bug reports: daidalos.team@gmail.com

We would like to thank all those who made their mirror servers available for the 4.11 patch download. Please note that Mission4Today download links are available for its registered members only.

Last but not least we would like to dedicate this patch to late Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin, a talented Russian modeller who passed away and did not get a chance to fly the IL-4 in the cockpit he built for all of us to enjoy. S!

The final version of 4.11 Guide is included with the patch download.
Make sure to download the beta hotfix patch linked at the bottom of this post.

4.11 English/International version:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4182
http://www.jgzbv.de/downloads/Il2_411_INT.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LORSNPHQ <link down>
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/il2_sturmovik.php#411

Torrent:
http://102nd.servebeer.com/DT_download/Il2_411_international.torrent

4.11 Russian version:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4183
http://www.jgzbv.de/downloads/Il2_411_RU.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EM5VWLD7 <link down>

Torrent:
http://102nd.servebeer.com/DT_download/Il2_411_russian.torrent

4.11 Dedicated Server:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4184
http://www.jgzbv.de/downloads/Il2_411_DS.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G51WCRTW <link down>
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/il2_sturmovik.php#411ds

Torrent:
http://102nd.servebeer.com/DT_download/Il2_411_ded_server.torrent

Beta Hotfix for 4.11
This is a beta hotfix patch which should fix the CTD issue you all experienced.
The hotfix should be applied over all 4.11 versions (Russian, International and Dedicated Server). Just unpack it into your main Il2 folder.
The hotfix does not change your game version.
You will not be able to join online games with CRT = 1 and CRT = 2 if you have different versions of DT.dll.
The hotfix will be included into the future patch.

Il2_411Hotfix.rar (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZL0ADPG5) <link down>
Il2_411Hotfix.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/?rkvikbrz6vyyv37)

Snake
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Millions of thanks!!! You guys rock!!!!
A great ~S~ to all Daidalos Team members!!!!

TozziFan
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Nice. Thx

redarrows2006
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Thank you DT for all your effort:grin:

rollnloop
01-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you DT, many interesting features in this one.

_RAAF_Smouch
01-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

Keep up the great work guys.

~S~ to Sergey

pupo162
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

im telling E69 is at a meeting, aobut 30 guys in a single channel when this news was given.

its partyyyyyy hereee!

JG26_EZ
01-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Firstly.. S~ to Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin

Secondly.. Thanks for what I'm sure will be another great update.

fruitbat
01-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Downloading, awesome:)

thanks to all at TeamD.

Silverback
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you TD. You guys rock!!!

Feathered_IV
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Brilliant!!!

julien673
01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Tks you so much :)

KeyCat
01-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Thank you for your dedication and continued support of this classic flight sim!

My condolences to Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin's family and friends!

/KC

76.IAP-Blackbird
01-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Same as above! ;)

Faustnik
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks you!!!

pupo162
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
just have to say... the track ir implementation is purely brilliant. no faults till now, compatible with Sans FOV changer, and way softer than any mod i've tried.

i actually prefer this implementation over COD's one, specially the way you got the " shift+1" done.

Oh, and AI, its finally giving a fight. tough its not much of personalized, i guess. you can steel turnfight an AI plane with a Fw or a even worst turner, tough now they actually do some really good maneuvers. i was following this spit who responded to all of my rolls in a very realistic way, i rolled right, he rolled left, and on and on.

excellent job guys.

BluBear
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks very much Team D! Downloading now! :-)

Anvilfolk
01-12-2012, 11:13 PM
My condolences for Sergey, and thank you for the patch!

ADorante
01-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Thank You Team Daidalos and S! Vert: Just gave his IL-4 a quick spin. In combination with 6dof this cockpit really shines!

[URU]BlackFox
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Thank you guys!

It's amazing how you keep giving this good old sim new life.

69th_Stonehalo
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Thanks and all for the patch. It will be nice to fly the Pe-8.

BUT

Why doesn't my external enemy/friendly lock veiws work anymore? It's like that for all my squads games. Is this something that is supposed to be like this? Or is it a bug?

AndyJWest
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Excellent... :grin:

NeroMoura
01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much, DT! Downloading the patch right now. :cool:

ACE-OF-ACES
01-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Woot!

Luno13
01-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks and all for the patch. It will be nice to fly the Pe-8.

BUT

Why doesn't my external enemy/friendly lock veiws work anymore? It's like that for all my squads games. Is this something that is supposed to be like this? Or is it a bug?

Check difficulty settings (and read the 4.11 guide!) :cool:

ElAurens
01-13-2012, 03:46 AM
Woot!

What he said.

:cool:

Treetop64
01-13-2012, 03:56 AM
I had to read the OP a couple of times for it to actually sink in. v4.11 is actually out. :-P

All I have to say is...

It's Peanutbuddajellytime! Peanutbuddajellytime! Peanutbadda-jell-LAY! Peanutbadda-jell-LAY!

:mrgreen:

P.S. - A very deserved ~S~ to Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin.

AndyJWest
01-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Just tried it with my new TrackIR 5. At last I can understand how anyone actually managed to dogfight in a FW 190. You don't look over the engine, you look round it... :grin:

The 6DoF upgrade will probably prove its worth most by going almost unnoticed - it seems to do what it is supposed to, without fuss. Exactly as it should do. There will have been a heck of a lot of work put into fixing the cockpits to achieve this, and I'll extend special thanks to those responsible....

_RAAF_Furball
01-13-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm sure that the entire IL2 Community salutes and thanks Sergey and THE Team for their work!

P-38L
01-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi team

Thank you very much. What a great job you are making.

Untamo
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
S!

Many thanks. Have to test it immediately when I get from work :)

Gringo
01-13-2012, 08:07 AM
My deepest condolences for Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin, to his family and his friends! S!

And my most profound thanks to all of you for this hard work and dedication,
all this time - for us!

S!

Gringo

Artist
01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Thank you so much!

JimmyBlonde
01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Can't download until midnight here but I'm positively salivating with anticipation. Somebody tell me about the new AI!!!

pupo162
01-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Can't download until midnight here but I'm positively salivating with anticipation. Somebody tell me about the new AI!!!

ITs still not much of a challenge, but, they now look more lifelike and do a variety of maneuversboth offensevely and defensevily. they also O/H and are affected by negative g's. im preatty sure i was able to sneak at ones six too.

mkubani
01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
@Pupo162, have you tried multiple AIs at veteran/ace level, please? Do you still find it too easy? Thanks.

JimmyBlonde
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
ITs still not much of a challenge, but, they now look more lifelike and do a variety of maneuversboth offensevely and defensevily. they also O/H and are affected by negative g's. im preatty sure i was able to sneak at ones six too.

That sounds great.

I'm not too worried about their individual skill, the beauty of Il-2 is you can have massive hordes of aircraft going at it without needing a supercomputer from hell to run it. When you've got 50-100 aircraft in the sky it changes everything, how good they are individually doesn't really matter because you can't fixate and end up in a clumsy, inefficient dogfight if you want to survive.

Looks like I'll be firing up DCG and pulling an all-nighter!

pupo162
01-13-2012, 09:27 AM
@Pupo162, have you tried multiple AIs at veteran/ace level, please? Do you still find it too easy? Thanks.

ive tried easy and ace. mostly on 1 vs 1 situations. ITs still easy. but its far far more dynamic.

in 4.09 AI would do the exact same thing once you are at his six, independently of its skill level. at 4.11 this was incdredibly different. The easy AI, made some very poor decisions in the fight and i ended up on his six reletevely quixk, and once there it just tried to do some rolls but in a very noobish way. The Ace AI did a book merge and it was a very good fight for about 1 min, and then when i had lost the fight, all the AI had to do was to use the spitfire turn rate and jsut turn me ( i was in the Fw190) , and when it did that, the turn was verry bad, it turned slower than my FW, and i was able to easely follow the turn, outurn him, get into his six, and enjoy the very well programmed AI defefense. it did some rolls a scissor atempt and such, eventually i got him.

that is is a problem with the AI. they dont use their turn cabability to their advantage. No matter if you are flying against a spit or a fW190, their turns are always very slugish and undetermined, ence easy to follow.

im considring psoting a video review.

dl-3b
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Thank you very much for 4.11.

ADorante
01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I went into the single missions and saw the added historical Pe-8 and IL-4 missions. Nice!
Exactly what I was asking for in another thread with the russian community members making the new cockpits possible.
Thanks guys! I will give it thorough test-flying and hope to learn much from it :)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 10:13 AM
As a personal experience of the AI... they are now incredible shooters, especially at 'veteran' and 'ace' setting. Regarding flying abilities they just show more variety, but are not necessarly 'better'.

This is a personal oppinion. I didn't have to do anything with AI development, other than testing, so I guess, I can tell my impressions on a independantly base. :)

addman
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Awesome job TD! just awesome! Hope this year will be just as exciting in terms of new patches. :) Big thanks.:grin:

anikollag
01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks x10.000 DT :)

Pooka
01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Very much appreciated..

Feathered_IV
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Anyone getting a crash at 5% loading? Can't remember what that is a symptom of. Wrong exe perhaps... :(

T}{OR
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
When the news about the last minute broke out I was certain that we won't see 4.11 for 2 more months at best. Glad I was wrong! :)

Excellent job TD, and thank you for the great work!

I only hope the hot fix won't be too long and too big. ;)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Anyone getting a crash at 5% loading? Can't remember what that is a symptom of. Wrong exe perhaps... :(

Try to redownload (maybe another mirror) and reinstall.
Also as suggestion: unpack the EXE via WinRar or 7Zip and put all the files manually to your main game folder, overwrite existing files.

76.IAP-Blackbird
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Have tested it against the AI under different conditions, and I have no CTD or a strange AI behaviour. All is fine fr me, no strange textures or other stuff.

Do the people install this patch to a "clean" il2 install or a modded one?!

GF_Mastiff
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Have tested it against the AI under different conditions, and I have no CTD or a strange AI behaviour. All is fine fr me, no strange textures or other stuff.

mines clean hope for the same results.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 11:54 AM

We in the team could repoduce the chrashing as well.

Snake
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
As a personal experience of the AI... they are now incredible shooters, especially at 'veteran' and 'ace' setting. Regarding flying abilities they just show more variety, but are not necessarly 'better'.

This is a personal oppinion. I didn't have to do anything with AI development, other than testing, so I guess, I can tell my impressions on a independantly base. :)

Yes, after having some QMB against ace AI I can say their targeting is amazing: I've been shot from angles I wouldn't think them possible! :)

AMVI_Superblu
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
a HUGE THANK YOU Daidalos !!
We'll be up on testing ASAP :)

Tacoma74
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
This is such a huge improvement. You guys did an excellent job with the AI! Really takes immersion to the next level, giving the player a real sense of fear of the opponent. It will improve my flying tenfold now that I can practice offline and really have quite a challenge. Thank you guys for your hard work and devotion to the best sim ever! S!

Btw... I really think Ilya should hire you guys out to do the AI for CloD now! ;) What a disaster.... atm anyways. I'm sure TD could work wonders with CloD. Of course I'm not doubting MG's abilities though, as they've done quite a marvelous job on making the beginning of what is to become an even better sim than 1946.

Le0ne
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
I want to thank you espesially for the PE-8. The pits are perfect. Many thanks for your good job on this

Le0ne
01-13-2012, 12:31 PM

5% crash on loading indicates

~You just upgraded Il2. During this you missed an SFS file Somewhere. Go back and repeat.

~You just installed a mod enabler. Then , also you might have missed an SFS file (could happen with some enablers) or, your copy of IL2 is a direct to drive copy bought over the internet.That means One of your SFS files and some of your dlls are spiked by UBI. The fix for this is here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

~Somehow your soundsetting is something other than 44.1KHz, and this is somehow screwing everything else. I personally have never been able to reproduce this crash. But know about it anyway, Access your sound settings through the IL2Setup.exe , or IL2SET.exe in your game folder. This seems to apply only to old UI installations anyway. One of those "funny little spies"

~You did nothing and now there is a 5% crash. One of your SFS files somehow got lost or corrupted. Count them and replace them if needed. Copy all SFS files over from a backup of your game

...you did make a backup right....

Bearcat
01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Great news !!! I decided to check in here to see if this was out... I see it came out yesterday..

Thanks Diadalos for all your hard work. I cant wait to get home and install this.

BluesmanSF
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Thank you DT, without your effort one can't but wonder if this sim was still alive as it now is, online & offline. Incredible work there guys.

GF_Mastiff
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM
"Last but not least we would like to dedicate this patch to late Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin, a talented Russian modeller who passed away and did not get a chance to fly the IL-4 in the cockpit he built for all of us to enjoy. S!"

So Sorry to here this, my condolences to his family.
The Cockpit is very 3D awesome work. Sergey!

S!

Lemmi
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks a lot.

mkubani
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
In order to avoid any conspiracy theories and speculations, the new DT.dll is our technical solution for implementing 6DoF and new AI improvements, it's not used for encrypting the game.

Also we are currently investigating if the latest DT.dll is the main reason for some of you experiencing CTD issues. Thank you for your patience and valuable bug reports meanwhile.

Treetop64
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
In order to avoid any conspiracy theories...

Nooo! Here?!

Lol!

GF_Mastiff
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
OK ran some test on clean install vanilla and no issues.

The 6DOF is awesome seems more real and intuitive.

the air frame noise is back.

Good Job guys thank you!

Don't like the fact my Spit over heats at 80c oil temps.

Hunden
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
I thought I was a bad pilot b4, now I find myself ducking and jiving just to stay alive a little longer, wow I suck at this. Having a great time with it though, thanks for the awesome job.

Fighterace
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I downloaded the 4.11 patch via torrent and when I installed it, it failed on me at the last bit?!?! It said that there was a corrupt file and to try a fresh download?

Anyone have this problem? What should I do?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Better try another mirror then (not sure, whats wrong with torrents today) - i.e. Megaupload one is quite fast and reliable.

MicroWave
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought I was a bad pilot b4, now I find myself ducking and jiving just to stay alive a little longer, wow I suck this. Having a great time with it though, thanks for the awesome job.

Join the club.
I developed a bad habit of using a gentle turn observing AI missing behind me.
Not happening any more. They are more then happy to put a bullet between my eyes.

Le0ne
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
You did amazing job with the AI, and the PE-8 is perfect and addictive. Since I try to test this thorrowly I stayed only in ETO for now.
Looking forward to fly more:-P

Treetop64
01-13-2012, 05:27 PM
...thorrowly...

I'm not beyond making funny errors myself, especially when trying to speak another language, but that has to be one of the funniest misspellings of a word! :mrgreen:

Fergal69
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Many thanks for your continued support of 1946.

mazex
01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Sweeeet!

I just love that you continue to improve the old beauty! Thanks a lot!

/Mazex

Pegasus_Eagle
01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
some things are awsum in the patch

but i got a question did you Daidalos Team guys learn your coding from the clod guys.

they went from stutters to ctd you Daidalos Team guys went from a game that ran good to a ctd nightmare.

T}{OR
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Dunno, works like charm for me. Did a clean install of 4.10.1 and 4.11 on top of it.

No CTDs thus far, been testing it last 3h.

76.IAP-Blackbird
01-13-2012, 06:37 PM
What a Sensles comment, thank you Pegasus, ... on the other hand you can patch back to 1.0 and be happy with what you will have!

You have never done a misstake right :evil:

Even if we recieve a CTD after a while .... its nothing that cant be fixed ;)

I`m enjoying it so far i can, and the new 6DOF is great for taxiing around! Good work guys! Waiting patiently for the fix

Thank you thousand times for your hard work in your free time!

mazex
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
What a Sensles comment, thank you Pegasus, ... on the other hand you can patch back to 1.0 and be happy with what you will have!

You have never done a misstake right :evil:

Even if we recieve a CTD after a while .... its nothing that cant be fixed ;)

I`m enjoying it so far i can, and the new 6DOF is great for taxiing around! Good work guys! Waiting patiently for the fix

Thank you thousand times for your hard work in your free time!

Well, I'm 100% sure of one thing. He's not a programmer.

Xilon_x
01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
tank you DAIDALOS you is very best team GRAZIE.

steeldelete
01-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks! You made my week, month ähh. yeah!

Fenice_1965
01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
TY very much Daidalos !

Pegasus_Eagle
01-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Well, I'm 100% sure of one thing. He's not a programmer.

:rolleyes: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/images/smilies/signs047.gif
well then youd be 100% wrong when they supposedly have done all that testing and then turn out the patch and well read the threads.

i make mistakes but that's what testing is for what they kept saying was why it was taking so long

IceFire
01-13-2012, 09:54 PM
:rolleyes: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/images/smilies/signs047.gif
well then youd be 100% wrong when they supposedly have done all that testing and then turn out the patch and well read the threads.

i make mistakes but that's what testing is for what they kept saying was why it was taking so long

I did testing for TD during this most recent patch. At no point during the beta did I ever experience any instability at all. It was just as stable as IL-2 normally is. Something minor happened after the final test build that is causing this crash to desktop issue (I've experienced it with 4.11 final too).

The long testing has a lot to do with a totally new AI package and while it was working quite well from the beta and alpha builds I used... it came a long way and is quite a bit better than it was during those early tests. A matter of refinement rather than some show stopping problems.

Motokiume
01-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks TD - you guys are the best.

major_setback
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the hard word the team have put into this!
It is very much appreciated.

ElAurens
01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I did testing for TD during this most recent patch. At no point during the beta did I ever experience any instability at all. It was just as stable as IL-2 normally is. Something minor happened after the final test build that is causing this crash to desktop issue (I've experienced it with 4.11 final too).

The long testing has a lot to do with a totally new AI package and while it was working quite well from the beta and alpha builds I used... it came a long way and is quite a bit better than it was during those early tests. A matter of refinement rather than some show stopping problems.

I concur with what IceFire said. I never had one CTD during the entire beta test process.

Not one.

tf_Logan
01-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Any link to a working torrent file? The one posted wont work for me.

stugumby
01-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Just a thought with all the new changes and the overheating, maybe its time for a players guide to the rpm prop pitch powerband by major subtypes? I guess the old pitch within 5% of throttle is still a good guide, or should we be messing with pitch at all if using a constant speed prop??

JtD
01-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Yes, that's still a good guide and you definitely need to work pitch with a CSP.

Snake
01-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I flew online on HL on a summer map. I choose a FW 190 D9. I used its WEP (don't know the german title for it) only at takeoff with 100% power until I reached 2000 altitude then I switched it off. I noticed that during my ascending to 2000 m the indicator of the oil temperature gauge was steadily increasing. After I switched off WEP the oil temperature indicator was decreasing and stabilizing to normal. I was flying most of the time with my WEP off and noticed that I don't need it as much as I used to use it on 4.10.1 patch. With WEP off I haven't encountered anymore any kind of overheating.
Another remark: in a dive I felt like the D9 is more stable at higher speeds and recovering from a dive is much easier, smoother not having too much chance to break your wings off. Generally I like the improvements made to the game with this patch! ~S~

MR_BURNS2
01-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks a lot, you are awesome guys!
I was so happy when i heard about the 4.11 features that i bought 46 again for me and 2 friends!

rakinroll
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys, S!

ElAurens
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
The days of cruising around your whole flight with WEP and 100% throttle are over kids.

Reality check time.

Pips
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Is the torrent link down?

Le0ne
01-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Still very pleased about this update, trying out the IL-4 I rewrote the PE-2 Front campaign by adding IL-4 plane and ordonance , just so we can wait for another scratch campaign. Tryed out the parked spawn feature too on two of the missions

http://www.mediafire.com/?qiyy709yy9bj32h

daidalos.team
01-14-2012, 04:49 PM
The link to the beta hotfix patch is at the bottom of the first post in 4.11 Official Release thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039

Everyone is strongly advised to download it.

Binks
01-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you TD. You guys rock!!!

Ditto, problem cured.

BuddyWoof
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Awesome. Can someone please veify MD5 for the international version? I get:

A8293CA9F0E939AB1FF7FD7D78B59F5E

Thanks!

Fall_Pink?
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Great! Many thanks. The hotfix seems to fix the CTD's as far as I can tell.

Rgs,
FP

badderger
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Thank you TD for your efforts at bringing us this wonderful patch. And ESPECIALLY THANK YOU to Oleg Maddox for bringing the world this labor of love. IL-2 will go down in history as one of the all-time greats!

And, hats off to Sergey...

Airway
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
A big thanks to Team Daidalos, all their supporters, family & friends for this big upgrade and another year of hard work you spent for us.

I have no words to tell how much v4.11m enjoys me!

S! to Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin for the wonderful Il-4 he made for us.

http://www.abload.de/img/salute_serious5uxrb.gif (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=salute_serious5uxrb.gif)

JimmyBlonde
01-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for getting the hotfix out so quickly guys, excellent work.

Toasted_Toad
01-15-2012, 04:24 AM
Excellent effort, thanks guys, as an offline player the improved AI is top priority for me. 10/10 :grin:

Cheers,
T_T

jamesdietz
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Great stuff- iI do hace one important question regarding my install of this newest patch:Can I load it directly into a 3.0Ultra Patch install or do I need to install onto a virgin 4.101 install & then go thru the reinstall of 3.0UP/Dark Blur World?
Maybe a better question is whether it will work with either?
Many thanks ...again- can't wait to see the TBD Devastator!

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Great stuff- iI do hace one important question regarding my install of this newest patch:Can I load it directly into a 3.0Ultra Patch install or do I need to install onto a virgin 4.101 install & then go thru the reinstall of 3.0UP/Dark Blur World?

No, this patch isn't compatible (like all of our patches) with mod packs. You need a clean 4.10.1. UP3 devs can probably help you better.

secretone
01-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks TD; I am very grateful for all the time, expertise and love that you have obviously lavished on this latest patch. Best wishes to all of you for a healthy and prosperous 2012.

[URU]BlackFox
01-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Says that the file is temporarily unavailable... Could someone provide a mirror for the hotfix?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Just try again in a few minutes. Its just that way with megaupload. A mirror would be fine anyway.

[URU]BlackFox
01-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Got it.

Here's a link in mediafire just in case: http://www.mediafire.com/?rkvikbrz6vyyv37

Thx for the quick reply.

SEE
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I re-installed IL946 (DVD) and patched to 4.10 then applied 4.11 over that. The info at M4T states it can be patched over clean 4.10 or 4.10.1 - is that correct (seems to run fine but haven't applied the 4.11 hotfix yet)?

beta4good
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
You're doing a great job, guys! I add a humble thank you to your dedication to this marvelous simmulator...

~S~

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I re-installed IL946 (DVD) and patched to 4.10 then applied 4.11 over that. The info at M4T states it can be patched over clean 4.10 or 4.10.1 - is that correct (seems to run fine but haven't applied the 4.11 hotfix yet)?

M4T quotes the Readme, so yes, this should work. But the hotfix is much recommended! You will probably not be happy without. :rolleyes:

jamesdietz
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Don't know what I'll do with her , but here's the AI TBD at long last & she is pretty:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/il2fb2012-01-1517-00-37-94.jpg

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't know what I'll do with her , but ...

Haha! I had the same feelings! :grin:

PilotError
01-16-2012, 04:18 PM
A big thank you to Team Daidalos and any third party involved in this patch.:grin:

I had given up on getting 6DoF in the official game, but you managed to keep that little detail secret till the last minute.;)
It made a very pleasant surprise.

As an offline player I'm really looking forward to the improved AI.

I would have gladly paid for this patch (although it it isn't so much a patch as a major add on) but the fact that you guys did all this for free makes it all the more amazing.:cool:
It's a pity I can't buy you all a drink.

Thanks again.

ElAurens
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Set up a QMB with 4 TBDs, make at least one of them an Ace, on the Pacific Islands map.

Then go up against them with a Ki 27.

Thank me later.

:-)

Flanker1985
01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Help, the problem remain:
This almost always happen during combat. The screen froze for like half an second, and sometime later it happen again and again. The time interval of the froze screen is getting smaller and smaller untill it can't move at all and then this message shows up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

please help

beazil
01-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow - I didn't even know this was out - I tripped over the information over at Simhq - and I'm glad I did. Guess I'll likely have to wipe out my old modded version and do a fresh install....

I can't wait guys. Thank you! I also never realized you TD folks were doing this in your free time. I thank you for doing what you do, and hope your work leads to bigger and better things for you down the road.

One stupid, missplaced question, and I'll check out the readme, but do you have any roadmap for proper rendering implementation on standard, non 4:3 monitors? How about triple monitor setups?

I use mods to do this now, but I, and I'm sure countless others would love to hear your thoughts on this. And yes, I realize you've probably already answered this before - answers aren't always easy to find you know! :)

Again, a very humble thank you Team Deadalos. S!

magot
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Help, the problem remain:
This almost always happen during combat. The screen froze for like half an second, and sometime later it happen again and again. The time interval of the froze screen is getting smaller and smaller untill it can't move at all and then this message shows up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

please help
Try complete reinstall game. And try re-install or delete your MS C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. After give know to us how is result.
mag

Flanker1985
01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your attention. I have just reinstalled the whole computer and windows 7. Its still happening.

Also, how do I reinstall MS C++ 2010 Redistributable Package?

magot
01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for your attention. I have just reinstalled the whole computer and windows 7. Its still happening.

Also, how do I reinstall MS C++ 2010 Redistributable Package?
try find on net and install latest version of MS C++ Redistributable Package for W7.
btw you have 64bit system?
mag

GF_Mastiff
01-19-2012, 02:19 AM
I think its time for a class on

C:\Program files\
C:\Program Files (x86)

this is not a good place to put none OS program software in a Win7 64 bit environment.

When installation ask to make a folder or where do you want it
Make a new folder

for games

C:\Games\ubisoft\IL2Sturmovik\
C:\Games\UP30\IL2Sturmovik\
C:\Games\HSFX51\IL2Sturmovik\

C:\*.* (name of Program or Software)\

this way you avoid the inherit security protocol for the win7x64 bit OS environment.
but you will still have to run as administrator.

Flanker1985
01-19-2012, 05:48 AM
try find on net and install latest version of MS C++ Redistributable Package for W7.
btw you have 64bit system?
mag

yes, I am using the 64bit window 7 system. And I have just downloaded the package. I'll let you know the result later.

Also, some people suggest me to upload this file
But I don't know if it will tell you anything. I have checked, last time this happen was yesterday ----- local time 19/01/2010 8:25AM. But the file says: (last modified) Thu Jan 19 03:39:54 2012

FC99
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Flanker1985 , can you please provide the mission which is causing the problems for you. As it seems that you are able to replicate the error it would help us greatly if we could do it too.

PS IIRC you mentioned somewhere that it is the DGEN missions that are causing trouble, does the error happens when you play campaigns or you can replicate it if you run the same mission from FMB.

Thanks in advance,

FC

Flanker1985
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Flanker1985 , can you please provide the mission which is causing the problems for you. As it seems that you are able to replicate the error it would help us greatly if we could do it too.

PS IIRC you mentioned somewhere that it is the DGEN missions that are causing trouble, does the error happens when you play campaigns or you can replicate it if you run the same mission from FMB.

Thanks in advance,

FC
Wow!!! Thank you for your attention sir!!! I thought I am being forgotten. Thank you!!

It is not specific mission that cause this issue. It's the length of the mission. If the mission is long, this will occur in the middle of the flight. I usually flight the DGen campaign for the Soviet. This usually will not occur in the first mission since the first mission is our base being bombed, so it is very short. But happens in almost every other missions. I'll upload here. This is the second mission:

Couldn't upload it, it says invaild file, so I sent to daidalos.team@googlemail.com

FC99
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Thank you, I dowlnloaded it and I'll test it later today. I'm sure that this will help us to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks for your help,

FC

Flanker1985
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you, I dowlnloaded it and I'll test it later today. I'm sure that this will help us to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks for your help,

FC
Thank you sir
By the way, sir. I almost forgot, it does happen more often in the DGen than others. If you play the DGen, it happens everytime when mission is long. But less chance it will happen if you play it in FMB or play a QMB. But there are still chances it will occure in FMB and QMB.

Flanker1985
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi, sir. I just retested after install the c++ visual package. But it is still happening. The first freeze occured roughly 20-25 minutes after the mission launched. And the finall freeze its about 10 minutes after that. From my experience. I also notice the close aircombat will accelerate this process, especially those time when you zoom in to shoot.

senobssorc
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Sorry, I have been away a while. Is there a procedure for the the 4.11m installation? Do I need all previous versions?

Thanks, senobssorc

Anvilfolk
01-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Just wanted to say that megaupoad was taken down under criminal charges.

Here's a mirror someone else posted: http://www.mediafire.com/?rkvikbrz6vyyv37

Thanks for the mirror! :)

WTE_Galway
01-20-2012, 03:39 AM

yep,

It's really about time American corporations tried to improve profits by offering better service and finding a creative 21st century (as opposed to 19th century) marketing and copyright model instead of just bribing the US courts and government into going fascist and prosecuting everyone that upsets them :D

On a more positive note thanx for all the great work on the new patch TD

daidalos.team
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM

Here's a mirror someone else posted: http://www.mediafire.com/?rkvikbrz6vyyv37

Thanks for the mirror! :)

I've updated the first post with this link.
Thanks to anyone who uploaded the Hotfix there.

FC99
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi, sir. I just retested after install the c++ visual package. But it is still happening. The first freeze occured roughly 20-25 minutes after the mission launched. And the finall freeze its about 10 minutes after that. From my experience. I also notice the close aircombat will accelerate this process, especially those time when you zoom in to shoot.
Hi, no luck so far, I played the mission you sent 3 times from FMB and waited for all planes to land before closing the mission. All three times mission played without problems.

I guess that this is a mission from Russian fighter campaign in DGEN so I'll try today to fly from there and see what is going to happen.

magot
01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Flanker, have you dump from LOG.ist for checking?

mag

LesniHU
01-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi, sir. I just retested after install the c++ visual package. But it is still happening. The first freeze occured roughly 20-25 minutes after the mission launched. And the finall freeze its about 10 minutes after that. From my experience. I also notice the close aircombat will accelerate this process, especially those time when you zoom in to shoot.I have a feeling that this is not a game problem but a driver/3rd party app thing. Try to turn off sounds, that should limit possible sources of problems, and if that will not help then turn off all other programs which can be turned off (starting from catalyst control center or nvidia control panel to a long forgotten util running on systray. Try to focus on anything dealing with graphics).

Flanker1985
01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Flanker, have you dump from LOG.ist for checking?

mag

What do you mean? What's a LOG.ist?
My computer is empty except IL-2. And the only 3rd party add on I have is only the Chinese voice. It just a few wave files replaced in the sample/speech folder.

magot
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
log.ist is file with debug info which you can find in root folder of IL2.
But is need have activate in conf.ini
LOG=1
But first check things which wrote LesniHU about settings graphic card.

mag

Flanker1985
01-21-2012, 10:09 AM
log.ist is file with debug info which you can find in root folder of IL2.
But is need have activate in conf.ini
LOG=1
But first check things which wrote LesniHU about settings graphic card.

mag

Thanks sir, but what do you mean by "wrote LesniHU about settings graphic card".

rancor26
01-21-2012, 02:41 PM
So what patch do i need to have before downloading 4.11? 4.10m?

_1SMV_Gitano
01-21-2012, 03:38 PM
So what patch do i need to have before downloading 4.11? 4.10m?

4.10 or 4.101

magot
01-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Thanks sir, but what do you mean by "wrote LesniHU about settings graphic card".
read:
Try to turn off sounds, that should limit possible sources of problems, and if that will not help then turn off all other programs which can be turned off (starting from catalyst control center or nvidia control panel to a long forgotten util running on systray. Try to focus on anything dealing with graphics).

Tempest123
01-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Okay, got the patch and the hotfix (Sorry I "took an arrow in the knee" for a few months:)), it pretty sweet guys. I'm still getting CTD though in some situations, not sure what the cause is or how to replicate it. Anyone else experiencing this?

pencon
01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
What is 6dof?

IceFire
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
What is 6dof?

6 degrees of freedom. In other words you can now shift left-right and forward-back in the cockpit.

Artist
01-30-2012, 08:07 AM
6 degrees of freedom. In other words you can now shift left-right and forward-back in the cockpit.

1st degree: Looking left and right (turning your head, like yawing with rudder)
2nd degree: Looking up and down (turning yout head, like dipping with elevator)
3rd degree: Moving your head to the left and right
4th degree: Moving your head up and down
5th degree: Moving your head forward and backwards
6th degree: Rolling you head sideways (like rolling with ailerons)

GF_Mastiff
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
What is 6dof?

http://youtu.be/FFTRsBcSyk8

wrb1215
01-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I am starting over with a brand new computer with all new downloads required. I own the original IL-2 disk. Can I reload the program from that disk, and then simply load and activate the 4.11 patch and hotfix? Any direction on the required steps and proceedures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

wrb1215
01-30-2012, 09:24 PM
After reading past posts, it seems I have to do the following steps:
1. Reload the original IL-2 1946 from my disk.
2. Load the 4.10 patch.
3. Load the 4.11 patch.
4. Load the Hotfix to the above 4.11 patch.
If this is correct, please advise.
After each patch, do I re-boot the computer for the patch load to become effective?
Thanks again in advance for any help.

Luno13
01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
If you're reloading from the disk you will need versions 4.08 and 4.09 too.

WTE_Galway
01-30-2012, 09:44 PM
I am starting over with a brand new computer with all new downloads required. I own the original IL-2 disk. Can I reload the program from that disk, and then simply load and activate the 4.11 patch and hotfix? Any direction on the required steps and proceedures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

As far as I know you can just copy the 4.10 install folders to a new place and upgrade that. At least it has worked in the past with other patches.

wrb1215
01-31-2012, 12:16 PM
As far as I know you can just copy the 4.10 install folders to a new place and upgrade that. At least it has worked in the past with other patches.

Since my previous computer crashed and I lost the 4.10 install folder and all related contents, I assume that the previous posting which states I also have to load 4.08 and 4.09 prior to 4.10 and 4.11 is correct?
Thanks.

Artist
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Correct.

patch 4.08m is on the "Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946"-CD (4.071m)

patch 4.09m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276)
4.09 skinpack (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276), which is not mandatory (but recommended) and cannot be installed later

Other Locations:
4.08m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1908)
4.09m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3761)
4.09m SkinPack: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3761)

Artist

koivis
01-31-2012, 01:12 PM
4.09 skinpack (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276), which is not mandatory (but recommended) and cannot be installed later

It surely can be installed later, since it doesn't overwrite any of the files in later patches. It just replaces the default skins (which were rather outdated and ugly) for most of the eastern front planes with better ones.

Artist
01-31-2012, 01:24 PM
It surely can be installed later, since it doesn't overwrite any of the files in later patches. It just replaces the default skins (which were rather outdated and ugly) for most of the eastern front planes with better ones.

You wrote the same in this post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=292725&postcount=28), but if a member of Team Daidalos writes (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=291573&postcount=9) it cannot, I rather believe him, no offense meant.

wrb1215
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Correct.

patch 4.08m is on the "Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946"-CD (4.071m)

patch 4.09m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276)

Other Locations:
4.08m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1908)
4.09m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3761)
4.09m SkinPack: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3761)

Artist

I remember that there were two versions of the 4.10 patch. Do I also need to load both versions?
Thanks again for your help.

Artist
01-31-2012, 02:43 PM
I thought you already had 4.10...

So here's the other two:

Download and install patch 4.10m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17765) (make a backup)
Download and install patch 4.10.1m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18751) (make a backup)

Other Locations:
4.10m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3993)
4.10.1: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4044)

wrb1215
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought you already had 4.10...

So here's the other two:

Download and install patch 4.10m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17765) (make a backup)
Download and install patch 4.10.1m (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18751) (make a backup)

Other Locations:
4.10m: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3993)
4.10.1: @mission4today.com (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4044)

So, when you state I should make a "backup", this refers to making a backup copy of IL-2 after each step of the patch downloads? And if so, should I do this for all of the patch downloads?
Thanks again.

Alien
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't do backups (well, without counting my fresh 4.07 one) and my Il-2 lives. Backups are just in case.

DD_crash
01-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Make a back up of the the original working install. Then do the patch thing, testing that it works each time. When you have a final 4.101 then delete the 4.08 and copy 4.101 (you might need that for mods) then do the last patch :)

Artist
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
I never regretted an unnecessary backup I made, but often one I did not take.
:grin:

wrb1215
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I went through all of the patch downloads last night and I am now up and flying again.
Thanks to all of you for your help in this process.
The last download I did was the 4.11 Hot Fix .rar file. I placed it into the IL-2 folder. I assume this particular file is not an executable type file. Was there any additional action needed on this last item?
Thanks.
wrb1215

_1SMV_Gitano
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I went through all of the patch downloads last night and I am now up and flying again.
Thanks to all of you for your help in this process.
The last download I did was the 4.11 Hot Fix .rar file. I placed it into the IL-2 folder. I assume this particular file is not an executable type file. Was there any additional action needed on this last item?
Thanks.
wrb1215

No, just overwright the older one.

Untamo
02-02-2012, 05:24 AM
S!

There are still servers with just about every version of the game, hence my games folder:

http://untamo.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Pelit/Il-2+Sturmovik/illut.jpg/full
(screenshot taken before installing 4.11)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks.
wrb1215

Don't just place it into the game folder as it is! RAR is a package file, which has to be unpacked with programs like 7zip or WinRar. It contains a file with a '*.dll' suffix, which is the one, that needs to be placed in the game folder (and overwrite the older one).

Just in case, it happens, that you in fact do know about RAR files (you posting implied, that you are not), then please forget about my writing. :grin:

tally
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
downloaded 4.11 patchOK-but cannot get the hotfix to go in--says"cannot create DT.dll file access is denied
Thought about getting game from Steam but where does it auto patch to?

Kamilek
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Hallo,

after installing the 4.11 Patch i always get CTD during dgen Campain or quick Dogfights.
So i wanted do download the Beta Hotfix Patch from Mediafire but the File is not there anymore.

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.
Click here to view our help resources

Is there another place from where i can Download this Hotfix Patch?

IceFire
02-18-2012, 03:32 PM
downloaded 4.11 patchOK-but cannot get the hotfix to go in--says"cannot create DT.dll file access is denied
Thought about getting game from Steam but where does it auto patch to?

Steam does not have the latest versions.

That kind of error sounds like the file was corrupted mid download. You should download it again and try to extract it. You can extract the DT.dll file anywhere and then put it in the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 directory later.

NOTE: If you have the game installed in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) then you may also get this warning as this directory is write protected in Windows Vista/7.

bloomster
05-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Do I need 4.10 to install this patch?

_1SMV_Gitano
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Do I need 4.10 to install this patch?

Yes

Flanker1985
05-03-2012, 03:25 AM
HI, guys. My friend is trying to download the hotfix and found that it has been removed.
Can anyone please give us a new link? Thanks a lot

JtD
05-03-2012, 04:21 AM
You don't need the hotfix if you install 4.11.1, is that an option for you?

Tex-Twil
05-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Il2_411Hotfix.rar (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZL0ADPG5) <link down>
Il2_411Hotfix.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/?rkvikbrz6vyyv37)

Both links are down. Where can I get the fix from ? My Il2 4.11.1 crashes to desktop at startup.

JtD
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM
You don't need the hotfix with 4.11.1. It is included there.

Did you install all other patches before you installed 4.11.1? Have you tried re-downloading and re-installing 4.11.1?

Tex-Twil
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I had a clean 4.10.1 installation and I applied the 4.11.1 patch

JtD
05-26-2012, 11:13 AM
You need to apply 4.11 before you apply 4.11.1. That should solve your problems. :)

Tex-Twil
05-26-2012, 12:33 PM
You need to apply 4.11 before you apply 4.11.1. That should solve your problems. :)
thanks ;)

bitterman
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I do not know if someone still needs it, but both links to hotfix are broken. Here is another one from my dropbox: [link to file (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76022516/il2/Il2_411Hotfix.rar)].

NIGHTFIGHTER
08-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Just a quick question, Where is the link to 4.11.1 cant find one anywhere, im also getting 60% then CTD....Thanks

NIGHTFIGHTER
08-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Dont bother with above posting Ive found it ..Thanks