PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please. No green gems?

scarletgamester
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Why is this game so difficult? I am level 17 mage playing on normal and this game isn't giving me any green mind rune except when I level up, and that is only one or two. how am I supposed to level my tree? even as a mage I need the mind runes. This sucks.:confused:

Fatt_Shade
01-01-2012, 03:21 PM
In logic_hero.lua file you`ll find this string :
local rune_mag = { "1,2,4", "2,1,4", "0,1,6", "1,3,4", "3,1,4", "2,1,5" } -- 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8: 9, 9, 27 (20%, 20%, 60%)
It`s system by which mage receives runes on lvlup, so in 6 lvl`s you`ll get 9might/9mind/27 mind runes total. You just need to decide what skills you really must lvlup for mage.
You said you need mind runes but not what for, and didnt say what skills you already have on 17th lvl. For mage there are couple different builds, but if you started different skill builds you`ll end up with low intell mage, with no supporting options.

abdoi
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah, mind runes are little for mage. so it requires you to determine which skills are most important for your style of play to learn and spend your runes on them. this adds to the challenge.

scarletgamester
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you for your advice, but I don't think I explained myself very well. The problem is I am not finding any green mind runes on the map, not on the ground, in chests or as rewards, plenty of red might and blue magic runes but no green mind runes.
I know i'm playing as a mage, but, I still need some mind runes to develop my skills, If the only mind runes I get is when I level up (which is only one or two) I won't be able to do that by the end of the game. I know things are set in place randomly at the start of a new game, maybe I've had a bad roll of the dice.

I don't mind a challenge but I still need something to work with,.

Fatt_Shade
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Aaaa that`s it :-)
Well you just had bad luck with starting game, because all those items/runes/chests are predetermined when you start new game, they dont change during it.
I played game with no red dragons in it at all but with both dragon bonus items (draconix , hearth of dragon) , also had game with full demon set and no demoness/archdemons at all.
So tohugh luck man, you`ll just have to figure out what to do with imnd tunes you get on lvlup. There is always Tibold-dwarf prince to buy couple of them for steamy price if you have lots of unspent gold.

westyofoz
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Odd, I have searched a few times, but I can't find logic_hero.lua anywhere. Any help in finding it would be appreciated. Thanks

Fatt_Shade
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
@westyofoz Most commonly logic_hero.lua file is somewhere in game folder, it only depends if you play some particular mode or basic game. But look for it in : game_folder/sessions/base/ses.kfs It`s probably winrar type of file, open it find logic_hero.lua use notepad/wordpad or some similar program for that file, change values you want, save it and close winrar archive. Lvlup runes can be changed during already started game, but if you`re plan is to change already existing runes on map you need to start new game. Good luck, have fun :-)

westyofoz
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
@westyofoz Most commonly logic_hero.lua file is somewhere in game folder, it only depends if you play some particular mode or basic game. But look for it in : game_folder/sessions/base/ses.kfs It`s probably winrar type of file, open it find logic_hero.lua use notepad/wordpad or some similar program for that file, change values you want, save it and close winrar archive. Lvlup runes can be changed during already started game, but if you`re plan is to change already existing runes on map you need to start new game. Good luck, have fun :-)

Ah of course, thank you for your help and quick response.