PDA

View Full Version : My second modifications

mitra
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
https://rapidshare.com/files/2209593667/mitra-mod.rar

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement
- retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button
- no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units
- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map
- the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)

of course these modifications need a hard tests of real battlefield

mitra
12-31-2011, 04:00 PM
new version

https://rapidshare.com/files/3538311575/mitra-modv1.2.rar

Second version of mitra-mod here below all the changes (first + second version)

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement
- retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button
- no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units
- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map
- the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)
- implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effects on movement velocity, effect on moral, surprise and self-control.
- indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.
- change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Wow such a nice mod!
I will try it :D

mailor
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Sounds very promising, nice work! I'll try it as soon as a next patch of the game is released (hopefully soon).

I don't like this though:

"- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map"

I know this is to make the game more challenging, but it kills immersion for me, since I don't like "disappearing" enemies on the battlefield. Any chance of making this optional?

mitra
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Only if you disable the fow; but the seeing range is anyway long a part in the cases of deep woods, the modification is for hide better long distance movements

He111
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Looks good mitra, plus I like your idea of FOW, more realistic!

Heeee111.