PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Realism?

nicknackpaddywack
03-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Is there only 6 gears?

Or will we have the option for range-change and/or gear splitters?
if so:
Will these be implemented by an extra keystroke?

Freak Of Nature
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Conference is over I think Nobody will answer these questions, Maybe I'm wrong :)

nicknackpaddywack
03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
[[March 6th @ 06:28 AM]]
Guys, please, wait a bit more, the developers are going to answer all the questions possible.

Evengy said they will answer more

Freak Of Nature
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Evengy said they will answer more
I think he said they will answer those questions which weren't answered in conference thread, but not new ones asked yesterday.

wheelking
03-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Like I've heard from TruckPol,there are only 6 gears...They just think about Logitech G25
As you can see from the videos,trucks are acting like car(fast acceleration,fast brake,crap turning) and there is no damn need for 6+ gears

But let's hope there is :S

Freak Of Nature
03-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Like I've heard from TruckPol,there are only 6 gears...They just think about Logitech G25
As you can see from the videos,trucks are acting like car(fast acceleration,fast brake,crap turning) and there is no damn need for 6+ gears

But let's hope there is :S

As I see from videos I'm happy that physics are better than Wos for me, and I like how fast they are going, in wos you drive at 80 but it feels like 40! now thats what is crap!

nicknackpaddywack
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Evengy said they will answer more soon, we have to post them in the main forum tho not the conference one.

I need more than 6 gears... the game needs more than 6 gears! there should be an option for 6 or 18! etc! at least switches to change ranges or something i hate in 18WOS u just go through the whole gear box like.... up up up up up up argh! if i wanted to split a gear I WOULD!!

[/moan]

nicknackpaddywack
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Is the transmission (h gate) shift achieved by key / button strokes?

Flagman_20
03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Well even though I'm not sure, I think that there'll be a button to change between the Hi/Lo range. But I'm not so sure you'll be able to split gears. Hopefully yes :D
Maybe Evgeny can confirm this?

nicknackpaddywack
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
on the g25 shifter each gear represents a button, if u have a shifter with more buttons u can achieve more gears? its very easy to implement a range shift and splitter, extremely easy i can build a shift gate consisting of 6 gates 6 buttons and each button can represent a 3 gears from the press of a switch or two. check my post on building your own shifter, i will be soon uploading diagrams!

Flagman_20
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Well in my opinion, the G25 would be compatible for 13/18 gears. When you reached 6th, you pressed a button to switch to the Hi range, and then 1st would become 7th/8th, 2nd would become 9th/10th, ect... (maybe I'm not numbering the gears right?) it wouldn't be hard, just a matter of making the same control for the 1st to become 7th when the button was pressed. Good luck on building the shifter by the way ;)

nicknackpaddywack
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Well in my opinion, the G25 would be compatible for 13/18 gears. When you reached 6th, you pressed a button to switch to the Hi range, and then 1st would become 7th/8th, 2nd would become 9th/10th, ect... (maybe I'm not numbering the gears right?) it wouldn't be hard, just a matter of making the same control for the 1st to become 7th when the button was pressed. Good luck on building the shifter by the way ;)

its extremely easy to use 1 switch for 3, if u get me. 1 switch could be easily made into 3 functions by the flick of another switch (range shift) check my other thread tomorrow i will upload the diagrams to explain :P

Flagman_20
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Yea no worries, I know what you mean. It's just a matter of making some sort of "trigger"

nicknackpaddywack
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Yea no worries, I know what you mean. It's just a matter of making some sort of "trigger"

thats the easiest part, ive even found a way of implementing an 18 speed shifter and clutch into 18 wos :P my designs will be upon the forum within the next day

Flagman_20
03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Ah yes! No more going trough the gearbox "up, up, up, up"
Thanks very much! I'm looking forward to look at your designs and putting them to work in my 18WoS :D