PDA

View Full Version : Are the memoirs in this game fictional?

theco
12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Are the personal accounts and memoirs in this game fictional? Or are they from some historical source?

it068
12-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Since Men of War is a historical series, I'd be very surprised if those memoirs were fictional, It's stated in Red Tide's game description that the events portrayed were true so I'd assume the memoirs are true also.

theco
12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Since Men of War is a historical series, I'd be very surprised if those memoirs were fictional, It's stated in Red Tide's game description that the events portrayed were true so I'd assume the memoirs are true also.

I was wondering because some of the memoirs seems quite fantastic, although the Eastern front does have some pretty fantastic stories. Also with the translation it is difficult to tell if they are fictionalized or not.

Nike-it
12-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Personal accounts and memories were taken from official historical documents.

theco
01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Personal accounts and memories were taken from official historical documents.

Thank you very much for the answer! Were any of those documents books? I would like to read more about the actions of the Soviet Marines in the Black Sea.

Gary_P
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow, I was wondering that myself as I played the Vietnam version.
It was neat to hear what happened to all the guys you played. It made them just a bit more real.

Red Tide was fun too. I'm going to play it again.

This game is a serious time pit. :)