PDA

View Full Version : The Moment of Truth

hykao
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Well, as far as I know, the new Death to Spies game (or add-on) will be released in the end of this month. (in Russia and in Russian of course...)

There are a lot of pics and a trailer video and some informations about it...

Pics: http://www.dtf.ru/project/gallery.php?id=995
Video: http://files.games.1c.ru/smersh_mi/files/movies/smersh_mi_xvid.avi
Infos:
-7 new missions
-more possible using/usable clothes
-more impressive graphics
-modified, better rating system
-more possibilities to successful missions
-modified hero's face (more "charm"...)
-modified, better hero-animation
-etc...

...but there are some unexplained questions... :)

So dear Admins, please, give us some more info about it! :)

-Will it be an addon or a whole new game?
-Are the missions (or the storyline) based on Bogomolov: 'In the August of '44 (a.k.a. The Moment of Truth)'? (I've read an excerption on official site...)
-Which places/countries are involved in missions? (Submarine, USA, etc.)
-Are/Is there some/a night mission(s)?

OSS
03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
-Will it be an addon or a whole new game?)

it is addon, but it don't need original game to run.. will run without it..

--Are the missions (or the storyline) based on Bogomolov: 'In the August of '44 (a.k.a. The Moment of Truth)'? (I've read an excerption on official site...)

well no, but one mission in Ukraine will be close to it..
btw, great book!

-Which places/countries are involved in missions? (Submarine, USA, etc.)

Air station in east suburb of Prague, castle near Poland, submarine station near Danzig,
residence in France, Bletchley Park in Britain, USA and Ukraine..

--Are/Is there some/a night mission(s)?

Yes, at least one mission.. and btw more addition to this - you can hide now in dark places and grass..

hykao
03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Thank you very much for answers! I'm looking forward to it! :)

OSS
03-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Thank you very much for answers! I'm looking forward to it! :)

some new updates came out on russian site today, new screens (http://smersh.games.1c.ru/?action=screenshots) and wallpapers (http://smersh.games.1c.ru/?action=wallpapers)

hykao
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh yes! I visit the official site every day. :) And I found some more new pics on 1c site too... :)

(...has Strogov patronymic name - отчество - been change from Alexeyevich to Ivanovich??? In the game it was Alexeyevich, but here (http://games.1c.ru/smersh_mi/) it is Ivanovich)

OFF
Will 'The Truth about 9th Company' (Правда о девятой роте) be released out of Russia (and ex-Soviet countries)?
/OFF

OSS
03-12-2008, 10:12 AM
(...has Strogov patronymic name - отчество - been change from Alexeyevich to Ivanovich??? In the game it was Alexeyevich, but

with a view of additional conspiracy.. :)
p.s it's still Alexeyevich..

Anatoly
03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
OFF
Will 'The Truth about 9th Company' (Правда о девятой роте) be released out of Russia (and ex-Soviet countries)?
/OFF

No, that's a game fully oriented on the Russian market.

hykao
03-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Thx for answers! :) It's no problem! :) I'll go to Ukraine in early April and I'm gonna buy both 'Правда о девятой роте' and 'Момент истины' (hope they'll sell both) ;)

Anatoly
03-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Death to Spies' sequel (Moment of Truth + bonuses) will also be released outside Russia and Ukraine.

hykao
03-13-2008, 09:12 AM
...but I don't want:
1. to wait for months :)
2. to hear English conversations between Soviets :)
2. to see fake swastikas, Hitler photos etc. :)

The Russian language is no problem for me...so the original Russian version will be perfect for me! :)

hykao
03-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh boy! :) I saw, it went to "GOLD"!!! :)

mbv
03-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh boy! :) I saw, it went to "GOLD"!!! :)

Is that for the European general release ? If so :D

hykao
03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Nope... March. 28. is the Russian release date. :)

Anatoly
03-19-2008, 10:53 AM
English version is now being localized.

Sgt.Schnitzel
03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow I think that was a gaz-67 in one of those of screenshots, glad to see some more vehicles. My favorite part of Death to Spies was the vehicle aspect. It was very well implemented and vehicles were very run to ride around in. They don't feel very fragile like in other games such as H&D2.

I would prefer you keep the spoken dialogue in russian for the outside russia release, its more interesting to listen to a foreign language than an English dubbing.

hykao
03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Will there be a demo?

Evgeny
03-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Will there be a demo?

Yes, it's planned.

Q-BZ
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes, it's planned.

I had to register just so I could personally thank you all directly for making this great game. :)

I'm here in the United States and I can't wait to get this next Death to Spies installment.

As a big Hitman and Splinter Cell fan who's been itching for a new game along those lines, Death to Spies is just what the doctor ordered! ;)

Great job! :cool:

hykao
03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
BTW: The Russian version of the "Moment of Truth" has been released! :)
What a pity, at the moment I'm too far from any shops where I could buy...
...so I'm waiting for the demo. :)

Q-BZ
03-28-2008, 07:41 PM
BTW: The Russian version of the "Moment of Truth" has been released! :)
What a pity, at the moment I'm too far from any shops where I could buy...
...so I'm waiting for the demo. :)

I won't need the demo. I'm ready to buy it right now, sight unseen, once it gets here to the States. :)

eveningsky339
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Now I'll have to learn Russian just to buy this game early!

Soviet
04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
No, that's a game fully oriented on the Russian market.

That's a real shame, im really interested in the soviet afghan war

dts
04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
lol I just got the first Death to spies game last Monday and I just love this game!
I think Death to spies is one of the most underrated pc game these years, I think this game has potentials!

It seems that it is not a popular game outside Russia...I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine and I think it is not a bad thing to "hitmanize" the game play of Death of spies series in the future.

"Hitmanize" means more AI conversation/chat/reaction(pain,scream), more tricks, more killing ways, usable windows and entrances etc.
I would also like to see larger maps and more weather effects!

hykao
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine

I doubt it! :)

Q-BZ
04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
lol I just got the first Death to spies game last Monday and I just love this game!
I think Death to spies is one of the most underrated pc game these years, I think this game has potentials!

It seems that it is not a popular game outside Russia...I know the game is using Hitman 4 engine and I think it is not a bad thing to "hitmanize" the game play of Death of spies series in the future.

"Hitmanize" means more AI conversation/chat/reaction(pain,scream), more tricks, more killing ways, usable windows and entrances etc.
I would also like to see larger maps and more weather effects!

Without being a pain to anyone, I've really done my best to "advertise" and plug this game whenever I get the chance. :)

Q-BZ
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
More or less: We can we figure to actually see this new game/expansion pack come out here in the West? :)

hykao
04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, I got the sequel of the Death to Spies at long last! I give you some of my toughts and I'd like to ask some questions:

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!

The graphics are even better, there are some more effects setting possibility in menu. We get more background infos in briefings, but less in videos. This time on English and American scenes there are a lot of English conversations (and of course Russians on Soviet level :D). The soldiers salute if we wear an SS or officer uniform (or soviet captain uniform), and sometimes we can order a simple "follow me!" or "wait here!" orders to them. etc. etc.

But I'm confused a bit about difficulty levels. There are four difficulty levels, easy, normal, hard and diversionist. Dear Admins, please tell me: Is the hardest the diversionist? If you select this, you can't change your clothes, but the enemy reactions are normals (on hard level, the enemy reactions are advanced)! And what are the bonuses at level-end ratings? :confused:

Some negative things:
-some missions are too easy! (especially English and Soviet missions)
-French workers are even dumbs :D (French voices are missing)
-some features are too hitmanized (the videos, just like in Hitman 3, and Strogov's clothes and gloves on English and American scenes)

In sum, I like the sequel, as much as I like the original game, but I suggest you: play it only on HARD or DIVERSIONIST difficulty level!
(I like the "Bogomolov features" in the sequel, the style of "V.CH." texts, and the Soviet (Ukrainian) level things...just like in the Bogomolov's book!!!)

Fighter comrades! If you have any questions about the sequel, don't hesitate to ask me! :)

OSS
04-22-2008, 02:49 PM
But I'm confused a bit about difficulty levels. There are four difficulty levels, easy, normal, hard and diversionist. Dear Admins, please tell me: Is the hardest the diversionist? If you select this, you can't change your clothes, but the enemy reactions are normals (on hard level, the enemy reactions are advanced)!

yes. on last level you can't change your clothes, but enemy reactions is like on normal. well, because it's already too hard for some people to play without changing cloth and still be in silenced mode ( without going rambo .. ). The bonuses in this difficulty level is some more silenced weapons ( luger with silencer - you can get ammo for that from other soldiers, and silenced sniper rifle.. )

what level did you liked more?

hykao
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I like all the 7 levels. I've finished all on easy difficulty level (because of the easier test of my fan-made Hungarian translation, what I've also done! We found the video subtitles, and added a string to "rolik.shadvs", and made more subtitles for first and last (secret letter) videos... :D ...There were some really hard sentences for me, especially some of the "VCH" strings of last mission, but the Bogomolov's book gave a big help to understand and translate them... :D) ...so I've finished all the 7 level on easy, and I've been finishing all of them on the hardest (diversionist) level. (So far I've done the Bletchley Park and Renegades with perfect ratings)
All missions are very interesting and perhaps they have some real historical backgrounds. :)
The rainy airfiled not far from Prague, the foggy castle near Paris at early morning, the Ukrainian village in august of 1944 :D, the Jagellonian castle at night, or the English people who talk about weather, or Americans talk about Hitman :D ...etc etc. are all very nice. Maybe the first mission is the most elaborated scene, there are a lot of possibilities to complete tasks. ("anti-aircraft" and "radio to group" tasks)

OFF:
by the way, what about Adventures of Captain Vrungel? I saw, it's been developing for a while! I'm looking forward to it! It was the one of my favourite cartoons of my childhood! :)

Boyarpunk
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, I also can not wait until the sequel is released in the United States. :)

I loved "Death To Spies". Although it had its flaws (all games do), I thought it was a great base upon which to build a potentially awesome series.

And I agree with the others - please feel free to keep the dialogue in Russian (for non-Russian releases)! As long as there are English subtitles, I don't mind.

Cheers.

hykao
05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I've finished almost all missions on hardest difficulty level (Diversionist - Диверсант) with best level-end ratings (Volkodav - Волкодав -> Fortunately I've read the Bogomolov's book, so I understand what "Volkodav" means... :D)

for example: (Novy Sonch mission)
http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc1190/th_20996_shad_03_05_2008_15-03-39_001_123_1190lo.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=20996_shad_03_05_2008_15-03-39_001_123_1190lo.jpg)

...but I dont understand why I got 0% accuracy in first (Prague) mission:
http://img148.imagevenue.com/loc931/th_21232_shad_03_05_2008_15-00-29_000_123_931lo.jpg (http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=21232_shad_03_05_2008_15-00-29_000_123_931lo.jpg)

Do you have any idea?

PS: I'm working on the submarine mission...that is the last, what I haven't finished on hardest difficulty level yet...

OSS
05-05-2008, 06:41 AM
I've finished almost all missions on hardest difficulty level (Diversionist - Диверсант)

...but I dont understand why I got 0% accuracy in first (Prague) mission:
Do you have any idea?

maybe you shoot someone and missed? number of missed shoots are not displayed in raytings, only ratio between headshots and other..

hykao
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Hmm...as far as I remember, I shot only one, a window of the main building.
No matter. Maybe I'll try again some missions. :)

PS: In Gdansk, I got the T-5 docs and the code-book, managed to reach to the docks (in my own soviet camouflage uniform), but it seems the submarine is really well-guarded... :)

hykao
05-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Finally I've finished the Gdansk mission too! It was so hard (and so long) on the hardest difficulty level.

http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc996/th_38181_shad_17_05_2008_16-49-53_000_123_996lo.jpg (http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=38181_shad_17_05_2008_16-49-53_000_123_996lo.jpg)

I think the sequel is harder on the hardest difficulty level than the DtS, but it seems a bit easier on the other difficulty levels. ;)
It's a good game, it's a good continuation. I'm looking forward to the next episode! :)

Boyarpunk
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Aaaaaaa!
Please tell us "The Moment of Truth" is being released in North America sometimes soon. Can't wait to play it! :)

Nike-it
05-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Aaaaaaa!
Please tell us "The Moment of Truth" is being released in North America sometimes soon. Can't wait to play it! :)

Unfortunately the date of release is not specified yet. As soon as I find this info, I'll inform you.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-15-2008, 06:35 AM
I begun yesterday playing Death to Spies it is realy instresting game but it is too hard even on easy difficulty. Will the sequel be released in europe?

hykao
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
It's been released in Europe... :)

Nike-it
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
As I said before, the date is not specified yet. Hykao is talking about russian version.

hykao
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Yup. :) ...but Moscow is in Europe... :) ...and there is (unofficial fan made) Hungarian (subtitle patch) version too...(by me :D)
Here are some pics about it: CLICK HERE (http://www.magyaritasok.hu/?func=gallery&gallery_name=deathtospies_themomentoftruth))

Why could no one else make a fan made subtitle translation? :confused: ...or have to learn in Russian ...or have to wait for censored English version... ;)

Q-BZ
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Count me as yet another eager North American waiting for the new game! :)

Boyarpunk
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Count me as yet another eager North American waiting for the new game! :)

LOL Q-BZ...that makes two of us. Maybe if we pester 1C enough, they will expediate the North American release of "Truth". :grin:

Divebomb
07-20-2008, 10:55 AM
first of all let's get a european/scandinavian release of moment of truth. you americans can import that one. we are more important!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
07-21-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree we are more important than americans!! The game must be released first in europe!:)

Nike-it
07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
All gamers are important for 1C, and there is no point in arguing on this point!!!

Boyarpunk
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
All gamers are important for 1C, and there is no point in arguing on this point!!!

True, Nike....although I believe the previous posters here were just joking and didn't mean any harm with their comments. :)

Puck
08-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Yup. :) ...but Moscow is in Europe... :) ...and there is (unofficial fan made) Hungarian (subtitle patch) version too...(by me :D)
Here are some pics about it: CLICK HERE (http://www.magyaritasok.hu/?func=gallery&gallery_name=deathtospies_themomentoftruth))

Why could no one else make a fan made subtitle translation? :confused: ...or have to learn in Russian ...or have to wait for censored English version... ;)

Just a quick question, how would I go about doing an English Translation? Looking at the way in which the original was translated and given the similarities in file structure I figured I could edit the levels.vfs for Moment of Truth but the extractor I used for the original doesn't work for the sequel.

hykao
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
We've made a new extractor for the sequel's .vfs. Pls PM me if you are interested...

lewuz
08-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I saw the Russian version in sale here in Estonia as well. But I want English version. Any info about date? 1C should use GamersGate again for English version premiere. It's great site.

Q-BZ
08-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Still waiting and eager here in America! :D

Pizzadvl
08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes, here too in holland. When will the english version be here? Please tell.

AHO
09-15-2008, 09:19 AM
When will be there a Demo Version?
Does a russian demo exist?

Pizzadvl
09-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I downloaded the russian version.

AHO
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I downloaded the russian version.

Where to find? On the official Site I just found "DTS" not "Moment of Truth"...

Pizzadvl
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I meant the full game.

AHO
09-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I meant the full game.

LINK ?

Pizzadvl
09-19-2008, 06:18 PM
LINK ?

Google

Boyarpunk
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
For what it's worth....I'm still badly waiting for "The Moment of Truth" to be localized and released for EU/NA release. :cool:

Pizzadvl
09-20-2008, 07:48 AM
For what it's worth....I'm still badly waiting for "The Moment of Truth" to be localized and released for EU/NA release. :cool:

If it ever comes.

AHO
09-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Google

Funny :grin:
Direct Link?

Pizzadvl
09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Dont know, I've searched it on google.

nvm I deleted the url, I don't want a ban. or something.

hykao
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
No warez here! There is at least one Russian online shop, that ship games to lots of countries... If 'Moment of Truth' won't be released outside of Russian language territories, I'll post its url...

...but I really don't understand what you'd do with the Russian version in lack of knowledge of the Russian language...

This is not such a game like Doom or something similar...it's really important to understand the story and objectives etc...

AHO
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
No warez here! There is at least one Russian online shop, that ship games to lots of countries... If 'Moment of Truth' won't be released outside of Russian language territories, I'll post its url...

...but I really don't understand what you'd do with the Russian version in lack of knowledge of the Russian language...

This is not such a game like Doom or something similar...it's really important to understand the story and objectives etc...

Calm down, I did not know it was warez. I thought about
full demos like TryMedia etc.

Well as you know I work on a enhancement mod for dts so I thought
I could take game files (textures, sounds etc.) from it.

greets
AHO

Pizzadvl
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
No warez here! If 'Moment of Truth' won't be released outside of Russian language territories, I'll post its url...

And you said no warez, LoL!

hykao
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Hmm? What's wrong with you? I'll post the url of the Russian online shop... LOL... :P

AHO
09-24-2008, 07:29 PM

Perhaps You can create an unofficial English translation ;)

hykao
09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
One of Administrators has written, the localisations have been starting...as well as my English is not so perfect, so I don't wanna waste my time for an unnecessary strange-english translation...I hope it will be an official English translation someday...

AHO
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
One of Administrators has written, the localisations have been starting...as well as my English is not so perfect, so I don't wanna waste my time for an unnecessary strange-english translation...I hope it will be an official English translation someday...

Well if there is as less text as in DTS I will ask russian friends for
help...

I'm much interessted in creating an unoffiical German translation...

hykao
09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Wait a minute! Do you talk about video subtitles? That's no problem... Man, please read back! I've written a lot of things about 'Moment of Truth' before, in this topic...I've written, there are no important infos during MoT's videos...just some not too important sentences, like in Hitman 3...(but there are more important infos in briefings - in 'VCH' communications, like in the Bogomolov's book)
...and I've written, we found the subtitle preparations for videos, what we used to our Hungarian translation (it contains Hungarian video subtitles...)...so I think, there will be video-subtitles in the English version of the 'MoT'...

AHO
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Wait a minute! Do you talk about video subtitles? That's no problem... Man, please read back! I've written a lot of things about 'Moment of Truth' before, in this topic...I've written, there are no important infos during MoT's videos...just some not too important sentences, like in Hitman 3...(but there are more important infos in briefings - in 'VCH' communications, like in the Bogomolov's book)
...and I've written, we found the subtitle preparations for videos, what we used to our Hungarian translation (it contains Hungarian video subtitles...)...so I think, there will be video-subtitles in the English version of the 'MoT'...

No I didn't mean the subtitles. I mean all strings like:
Briefings
Menu
UI
ToolTip
etc..If the file structure is like DTS then this will be no big deal ;)

Briefings are plain text files with pseudo html. All other stuffs are
in binary format (SHADVS-file) but they are quite good to edit,
due to the fact the string lengths are known.

--
I did not understand you. Will there be a english version or not?

greets
AHO

hykao
09-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I think, there are around much the same texts in MoT and the original DtS.

In MoT:

- levels (only 7)
- during videos (only few - not too important - sentences)

+ conversations between NPCs (and between NPCs and us)
+ briefings ("VCH-communication" texts)
+ help and clothes-info texts

Files structures are very similar to DtS'

...and I think, it will be an OFFICIAL English translation, according to Anatoly's words...

AHO
09-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I think, there are around much the same texts in MoT and the original DtS.

In MoT:

- levels (only 7)
- during videos (only few - not too important - sentences)

+ conversations between NPCs (and between NPCs and us)
+ briefings ("VCH-communication" texts)
+ help and clothes-info texts

Files structures are very similar to DtS'

...and I think, it will be an OFFICIAL English translation, according to Anatoly's words...

Great then I going to translate it to German ;) And bug fixes of course ^^

mbv
10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Cannot beleive we are still waiting for this and have no real news on here. Where are they with the localization on the European (not Russian! ) release ? Has the project to localize been shelved in favour of other projects ? Give us some REAL news - please !

hykao
10-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Maybe not the localization is the problem...I think that's already done...(in the original Russian version, the most part of dialogues are not Russian, but German and English...there is only one Russian languaged level, and there are not too much conversations on it, as well as the videos - although are Russian languaged - contain also not too much words...)...maybe the "Western" publishers have been hesitating, because of Bletchley Park and American missions and/or swastikas and nazi things or so...

Boyarpunk
10-06-2008, 02:18 PM
...maybe the "Western" publishers have been hesitating, because of Bletchley Park and American missions and/or swastikas and nazi things or so...

As an American, let me state that I could care less about playing a mission where I have to infiltrate an American base or even kill an American. It's just a game. One of the reasons I loved Death To Spies was because I got to play a game solely from the perspective of a role rarely seen in computer/video games (that of a Soviety spy).

I sincerely hope that this is not the reason 1C/Haggard is taking so long to find a Western publisher for The Moment of Truth. I'm guessing Atari (Death To Spies' North American publisher) does not or did not want the publishing rights to the sequel because of either less-than-stellar US sales of DTS or because Atari themselves are in trouble financially. Don't know.

Pizzadvl
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I saw Death to spies 1 laying in a shop, never seen it before here in The netherlands.

Pizzadvl
10-12-2008, 06:32 AM
As an American, let me state that I could care less about playing a mission where I have to infiltrate an American base or even kill an American. It's just a game. One of the reasons I loved Death To Spies was because I got to play a game solely from the perspective of a role rarely seen in computer/video games (that of a Soviety spy).

I sincerely hope that this is not the reason 1C/Haggard is taking so long to find a Western publisher for The Moment of Truth. I'm guessing Atari (Death To Spies' North American publisher) does not or did not want the publishing rights to the sequel because of either less-than-stellar US sales of DTS or because Atari themselves are in trouble financially. Don't know.

No, infogrames buyed Atari so there.

lewuz
12-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I have good news and bad news.
Good is that there are still hope for "Death to Spies: The Moment of Truth" in English.
Sad is that we may have to wait about a half of year until next news.

I quote my source:
"Game is still some way off. Expect more news in the middle of next year."
Darryl Still, International Publishing Director, 1C UK ltd.

OSS
12-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I have good news and bad news.
Good is that there are still hope for "Death to Spies: The Moment of Truth" in English.
Sad is that we may have to wait about a half of year until next news.

I quote my source:

Maybe he talks about retail version? Or DtS 2?

According to my sources :), game (DtS: MoT) already been localized and moved to testing phase.. and probably will be available in on-line shoping before x-mas..

forlik
12-12-2008, 08:03 PM
DtS-2? Have you any information about DtS-2?

AHO
12-12-2008, 09:47 PM
According to my sources :), game (DtS: MoT) already been localized and moved to testing phase.. and probably will be available in on-line shoping before x-mas..

Will there be a german version too?

lewuz
12-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Retail version? I don't know.
As he is International Publishing Director I believe he wasn't talking about only UK territories.
I told that the DtS 1 solution - English premiere on GamersGate.com - was great and they could repeat it but no comment on that.

I never heard of DtS2. If he mixed something up, which I don't believe, and add-on Moment of Silence will be released in this Christmas and sequel next year's second half, then it would be great. :) But I doubt it...

Testing can take a lot of time, OSS. :S

I'll ask about German version.

lewuz
12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
AHO,

Darryl Still to me:
"Yes, we generally do all titles in EFIGS these days."

EFIGS stands for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish :)

forlik
12-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Darryl Still to me:

For now, i can say only that english language will be available.. for others i don't know.

Very, very interesting :)

AHO
12-14-2008, 01:35 PM
AHO,

Darryl Still to me:

Ah, standard Multi-5, good to hear this ;) Thx.

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-19-2008, 09:27 PM
So I was wondering, what new user-controllable vehicles do you encounter in MoT? I remember seeing some screenshots of a Gaz-67 and a Blitz-Fuel truck. Are there any other new vehicles? Can any of you who own MoT post some screenshots of them? Could you at least list the new vehicles?

Thanks & will this have an NA release? Will there at least be a demo?

Again thanks.

forlik
12-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Can any of you who own MoT post some screenshots of them?

Are you interested only those cars, which can be operated or in general?

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Are you interested only those cars, which can be operated or in general?
Yes, the new cars & trucks & [everything else] that can be operated by the player.

forlik
12-19-2008, 10:29 PM
As I remember, only these (three) new cars can be operated (can't check it just now, sorry):

http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc866/th_29003_shad_20_12_2008_01-21-34_000_122_866lo.jpg (http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=29003_shad_20_12_2008_01-21-34_000_122_866lo.jpg)http://img163.imagevenue.com/loc881/th_28997_shad_20_12_2008_01-02-29_009_122_881lo.jpg (http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=28997_shad_20_12_2008_01-02-29_009_122_881lo.jpg)

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-19-2008, 10:38 PM
As I remember, only these (three) new cars can be operated (can't check it just now, sorry):

http://img163.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-15154/loc881/28997_shad_20_12_2008_01-02-29_009_122_881lo.jpg

Thank you, the Gaz-67 looks very nice.

A few more questions.

Do all MoT levels take place outdoors?

Do they take at least three hours or something to complete?

How large is this "airfield map"? 2 Km by 2 Km? How large are the maps in general?

Many thanks again.

forlik
12-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Thank you, the Gaz-67 looks very nice.
Yea, I like it too ;)

Do all MoT levels take place outdoors?
4 of 7.

Do they take at least three hours or something to complete?
As for me, less than three hours.

How large is this "airfield map"? 2 Km by 2 Km? How large are the maps in general?
3 of 7 missions are very large. Can't calculate in km, but I hope, you will be impressed ;)

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Hmmm, only 4 outdoor maps. God I hate indoor missions.

I guess that settles it.

Thank you.

forlik
12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Hmmm, only 4 outdoor maps. God I hate indoor missions.

Absolutely indoor mission is only one. In two remains you can see sun and moon ;)

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Absolutely indoor mission is only one. In two remains you can see sun and moon ;)

Hmmm, Climb out the window? =P

hykao
12-19-2008, 11:34 PM
That is a secret underground Submarine base...so there are no windows... :P

Oh and about time...if you play on the hardest difficulty level and you're gonna get the perfect level end rating - maybe it can be a day or two per mission...

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-20-2008, 02:29 AM
I wonder how the fuel truck handles.

Edit1: Does the L_createitem command work in MoT?

forlik
12-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh and about time...if you play on the hardest difficulty level and you're gonna get the perfect level end rating - maybe it can be a day or two per mission...
Of course it depends on difficulty and rating.

Does the L_createitem command work in MoT?
Yes.

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-22-2008, 01:18 AM
The devs should seriously consider making a DtS game with fewer but much larger levels combining massive indoor environments.

iluvyaman
12-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Are you serious?
Cause it's only 2 days left till x-mas.

hykao
12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
The Russian Xmas is on January 7th... :) :-P ;)

forlik
12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
The Russian Xmas is on January 7th... :) :-P ;)

It's not so important. Usually we don't work from 25.12 to 7.01 :mrgreen:

dorcky
12-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Well the x-mass is gone and the game is not come hmm.... :( :confused: Still waiting... maybe next year... who knows ???

Sgt.Schnitzel
01-04-2009, 03:46 AM
Just finished DtS.

Now can't wait to try this especially the Airfield mission.

lewuz
01-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Well the x-mass is gone and the game is not come hmm.... :( :confused: Still waiting... maybe next year... who knows ???

forlik
01-08-2009, 08:22 AM

More news in June/July 2010? So quickly? Maybe let's wait 2020? DtS/MoT graphical engine will be up-to-date forever! :mrgreen:

AHO
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
More news in June/July 2010? So quickly? Maybe let's wait 2020? DtS/MoT graphical engine will be up-to-date forever! :mrgreen:

Well, I'm thinking about learning Russian, so I do not have to wait 1000
years for localized version of MoT...:evil:

lewuz
01-11-2009, 08:01 PM

Sorry, i quoted last year's post. :D
Hopefully still 2009 . :)

demowhc
02-16-2009, 07:41 AM
any update on an english version of moment of truth?

Jason
02-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Seriously, how long does it take to localize a game... grrr! I want to play more Death to Spies

AHO
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Seriously, how long does it take to localize a game... grrr! I want to play more Death to Spies

Really, what's wrong with the game localization?

Jason
02-24-2009, 12:07 AM
I think I was misunderstood :) I'm wondering why it is taking so long to change the language of the game from russian to german and english etc. You'd think it could be a month process of translating and testing, swapping images around for the german version etc. :confused:

AHO
02-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I think I was misunderstood :) I'm wondering why it is taking so long to change the language of the game from russian to german and english etc. You'd think it could be a month process of translating and testing, swapping images around for the german version etc. :confused:

No, I didn't misunderstand you. I agree to you. I also wonder why it
takes so long, because the game doesn't contain that much text???

Jason
02-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Would be nice for 1C to explain the situation, the process and why it is taking so long. Gaming companies do hold a lot of details about what is going on sometimes.

lewuz
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi. I asked and got a reply from !c:

"The game localisation is happening over the next 3 or 4 months, after
testing etc, we'd expect a quarter 3 release.
We are discussing the project at the moment with a number of prominent
publishers."

I'm just a messenger, don't flame on me. Personally I'm glad MoT is still on the horizon. :)

forlik
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
The game localisation is happening over the next 3 or 4 months, after testing etc, we'd expect a quarter 3 release.
No comments... :mrgreen:
Very interesting, what means "etc" after "testing". Maybe some new game features will be implemented?

We are discussing the project at the moment with a number of prominent publishers.
Does it means that MoT still doesn't have EU/USA publisher?

I'm just a messenger, don't flame on me. Personally I'm glad MoT is still on the horizon. :)
Yea, like an oasis in the desert :)
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Jason
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
You would think / hope atari pick it up again - thanks for the news

lewuz
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
"Does it means that MoT still doesn't have EU/USA publisher?"
I don't know. I rather think that 505 Games replace Atari as publisher. Necrovision, Cryostasis, Men of War are all from 505.

forlik
03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know. I rather think that 505 Games replace Atari as publisher. Necrovision, Cryostasis, Men of War are all from 505.

Ok, let's wait. Thanks for the info.

T_E_E
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Quarter 3? wow. that's a long wait. here's to hoping the english version of MoT will come to us sooner.

McDonald's
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Very interesting, what means "etc" after "testing". Maybe some new game features will be implemented?

It's short for "et cetera" - "and so on", one o' those often used latin proverbs. :)

hykao
04-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Hmm...maybe some fake swastikas and Hitler photos will be implemented...:rolleyes: