PDA

View Full Version : NPC for more sides than just Red and Blue

Shardur
12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I noticed that you can create bases for a dozend or so faction colors but you can only spawn in NPC for red and blue.

I wonder if it would be possible to include the option of spawning in NPC for all the other colors as that would potentially make for some very interesting (even thou not at all historical) mission options.

Pursuivant
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I noticed that you can create bases for a dozend or so faction colors but you can only spawn in NPC for red and blue.

The ability to design missions (off-line or online) which involve three or more nationalities, each with its own side, would be welcome.

There were plenty of cases where there were air forces of multiple nations operating in the same area and lack of communication or poor identification skills resulted in "friendly fire" incidents. Some of these could be quite serious.

I'd love to be able to set up this mission:

"Once, in Romania, we had an interesting experience with both Russians and Americans. We took off on a mission to intercept Soviet bombers attacking Prague, and we counted many American made aircraft with Red Stars, part of your Lend Lease. But then there were American fighters also nearby, and I was above them all by a thousand meters. It seemed that the Americans and Russians were busy examining each other and were unaware that we were around. I gave the order to drop down through the Mustangs, then the Russian fighters, and through the bombers in just one hit and run attack, and then we would get the hell out of there, since there were only the two of us. I shot down two P-51s quickly in my dive, and I then fired on a Boston bomber, scored good hits but it was not a kill. The second element also scored a kill against the Mustangs, and my wingman and I were all right. Suddenly the most amazing thing happened. The Soviet fighters and Americans began fighting each other, and the confusion worked for us. They must not have realized that it was a schwarm of Germans that started the whole thing! The Russian bombers dropped their bombs in panic and turned away. I saw three Yaks get shot down and a Mustang damaged trailing white smoke. That was my last fight against the Americans." - Erich Hartmann