PDA

View Full Version : why no news?

markgil
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
if the expansion is already out in Russia and supposed to be released in the US in the 2Q 08, why is it March and there is ZERO info about it?.

Alex Mars
03-02-2008, 04:45 PM
It's pretty clear we English speaking players are a low priority for the developers. On the other hand, when the expansion does become available I'm sure they'll expect us to leap up and buy it like Pavlovs dogs responding to a bell.

Magog
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes, it would be interesting to know why most russian games are released in Russia first and then 6-12 months later to the international market. This makes the games old news before they even get here.

bman654
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Yes, it would be interesting to know why most russian games are released in Russia first and then 6-12 months later to the international market. This makes the games old news before they even get here.

That is not so different from many english games being released much later in other languages. It is all about $$. Big companies like Blizzard can afford to spend the $$ on a simultaneous release in multiple languages. Small companies need the proceeds from the local release to help fund the translation and publishing costs for the foreign markets. There is nothing mysterious going on here. And that translation process takes time. Keep in mind this translation of FW was pretty good unlike other Russian -> English translated games. The language is comprehendible and included alot of spoken dialog in addition to text. I'd rather they get it right instead of rushing it.

I'm personally wondering when they will announce the tournament winners ;)

markgil
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
That is not so different from many english games being released much later in other languages. It is all about $$. Big companies like Blizzard can afford to spend the $$ on a simultaneous release in multiple languages. Small companies need the proceeds from the local release to help fund the translation and publishing costs for the foreign markets. There is nothing mysterious going on here. And that translation process takes time. Keep in mind this translation of FW was pretty good unlike other Russian -> English translated games. The language is comprehendible and included alot of spoken dialog in addition to text. I'd rather they get it right instead of rushing it.

i think it would be nice to just have some info on it-new units, new races, whatever else has been changed or added from the original game. i dont expect them to rush the english version release but if the game is already out in another country, why is there no info on what we can expect with it when it does come out in the US?

Magog
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

It is very different since the market for games in english is much much bigger than for games in russian. I'm just a bit curious why they don't aim at the international market right away as I would say 99% of all other developers do.

Skelos
03-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Unfotunately, foreign pulishers are not always eager about publishing games that come from Eastern Europe, IMO, because there are much less target audience than for example in Russia. The game was released in the US, but unfortuantely not many people know about it, the promotion campaign was not sufficient and it is hard to find game in stores.

Anatoly
03-04-2008, 07:58 AM
The are several reasons for not having a simultaneous international release.

1. The game is being developed in Russia and in Russian. It takes time to make a localized product after the game is finished. The same happens with many games that come from other parts of the world to Russia. Rately these are relased fullu localized in Russian at the same time as they are in USA or Germany for example.

2. As it is currently planned the international version of the sequel will have some bonuses in it. Therefore it takes more time to do it.

3. North American and European publishers and distributors have their own release schedules which unfortunately do not always match with ours.

I hope this should shed some light on this topic and will help you understand that this is not always our greed or simple lust for $$$ that stands behind this :)

bman654
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
heh but greed is what makes the world go round! :)

Alex Mars
03-04-2008, 02:38 PM
The are several reasons for not having a simultaneous international release.

1. The game is being developed in Russia and in Russian. It takes time to make a localized product after the game is finished. The same happens with many games that come from other parts of the world to Russia. Rately these are relased fullu localized in Russian at the same time as they are in USA or Germany for example.

2. As it is currently planned the international version of the sequel will have some bonuses in it. Therefore it takes more time to do it.

3. North American and European publishers and distributors have their own release schedules which unfortunately do not always match with ours.

I hope this should shed some light on this topic and will help you understand that this is not always our greed or simple lust for $$$ that stands behind this :)

OK, sounds reasonable, but how about giving us some info on the sequel, and maybe some screenshots? If you look back to the first post in the thread, this all started with complaints that we are not getting anything in the way of information on the sequel.

Magog
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. So I assume the language barrier is too big to develop the games in english right away?

Anyway, I'm looking forward too the sequel and its editor. Would love some screenshots. :)

markgil
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
OK, sounds reasonable, but how about giving us some info on the sequel, and maybe some screenshots? If you look back to the first post in the thread, this all started with complaints that we are not getting anything in the way of information on the sequel.

i am also confused as to the nature of the next game. is it an expansion requiring the original game with some new stuff added (races, items, campaigns) or is it a stand alone sequel? i have heard that both will be done so i assume that it is the expansion that is out in Russia and that they are working on the sequel.

Anatoly
03-05-2008, 05:47 AM
heh but greed is what makes the world go round! :)

That is why I have mentioned that "this is NOT ALWAYS our greed" :)))

Anatoly
03-05-2008, 07:52 AM
i am also confused as to the nature of the next game. is it an expansion requiring the original game with some new stuff added (races, items, campaigns) or is it a stand alone sequel? i have heard that both will be done so i assume that it is the expansion that is out in Russia and that they are working on the sequel.

We curretnly plan to release a sequel to Fantasy Wars which will include the expansion released in Russia + a lot of additional content which hasn't been released yet.

The announcement will follow soon as soon as we sign all the distribution agreements.

asadexes
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
After "Highest race"
For the press is sent the project "Fantasy Wars: Rangers ". This subject addition to "Fantasy Wars" will be put on the russian market on 14 March.

"Fantasy Wars: Rangers " it contains sixteen new missions. Main hero - elusive Cornelius, who carries out the secret task of Marcus's order. Fearless Ranger leaves for the reconnaissance in order to prepare bridgehead for the debarkation of the forces of knights to the continent.

With the fulfillment of the new targets repeatedly will prove useful special skills and the habits of Ranger - especially the ability to be invisible and to unexpectedly deliver fatal impacts, but methods and priority of the passage of missions will influence further events and will be determined strategy of enemy.

asadexes
03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
In the development find subject additions to step-by-step hexagonal strategy "Fantasy Wars", which revived the best traditions of the genre: "Fantasy Wars: Rangers ", " Fantasy Wars: Magic " and " Fantasy Wars: Siege " - three new projects of the studio of yS: Ino-Co.

Each of them contains absolutely new topical campaign and heroes, and also allows a number of unique play possibilities.

Evgeny
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
These are some screenshots from the sequel.

bigmit37
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
In the development find subject additions to step-by-step hexagonal strategy "Fantasy Wars", which revived the best traditions of the genre: "Fantasy Wars: Rangers ", " Fantasy Wars: Magic " and " Fantasy Wars: Siege " - three new projects of the studio of yS: Ino-Co.

Each of them contains absolutely new topical campaign and heroes, and also allows a number of unique play possibilities.

I am so confused by your post. You just listed like 5 games.

asadexes
03-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Fantasy Wars: Highest race ( released in Russia )
Fantasy Wars: Rangers ( beta )
Fantasy Wars: Magic ( Alfa )
Fantasy Wars: Siege ( Alfa )

markgil
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Fantasy Wars: Highest race ( released in Russia )
Fantasy Wars: Rangers ( beta )
Fantasy Wars: Magic ( Alfa )
Fantasy Wars: Siege ( Alfa )

so the 1st one (highest race) is the original game, rangers is the add on & magic is the sequel? i would assume that siege might be an add on for the sequel then??

thanks for all the reply's. sounds like lots of new fantasy wars stuff is coming in the future.

bman654
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Highest Race is the expansion to the original FW released in Russia. I've never heard of the other 3. I'm curious as to which of those 4 listed will be part of the English sequel Anatoly is talking about. I'm confident Highest Race will be in it. Perhaps Rangers also?

asadexes
03-19-2008, 08:30 PM
News from Russia
Is published the renovated editor of maps for the independent addition "Fantasy Wars : Highest race ".

The renovated editor makes it possible to create play tasks, maps and campaigns in accordance with the rules of diplomacy, and to also add the descriptions of separate missions.

Is considerably extended the collection of conditions and actions of the triggers, for which are added the variables and counters, which makes the process of creating its own play scenario it became more diverse and more captivating.

Alex Mars
03-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Sounds great, looking forward to it, any news on a release date in the USA?

Devean
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Any new when will the editor work with all the versions available on the market? :-x

Skelos
03-20-2008, 10:03 AM
We are trying to get examples of all versions. Problems can be because of different protections, that where made without us. We made only two foreign versions of the game. One for Nobilis and the second for Atari. So our editor works fine with them.
There are several eropean end eastern publishers, that have to use the same version as Nobilis, but they could change something in the installation process, so editor couldn't install. We will fix this problem as soon as we get that versions of the game to understand what is going wrong.

Devean
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
We are trying to get examples of all versions. Problems can be because of different protections, that where made without us. We made only two foreign versions of the game. One for Nobilis and the second for Atari. So our editor works fine with them.
There are several eropean end eastern publishers, that have to use the same version as Nobilis, but they could change something in the installation process, so editor couldn't install. We will fix this problem as soon as we get that versions of the game to understand what is going wrong.

OK, that is the first good news in some time :) You should forbid meddling with the builds ;)