PDA

View Full Version : Help with Orc Campaign Land of Knights

OldGray
03-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Hope I have the name correct. I am on normal level and having difficulty with this one. Any advice of unit selection,play style, etc. would be appreciated. I have only 2 reserve troops and that might be my problem as it can go to 30 turns for a bronze win. Until this campaign I have had a few gold and mainly silver wins. Cant even win this on bronze. sigh...:>)

Devean
03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I had problems also, but then I managed to get a silver by selecting mostly heavy infantry, giving them the "Horse eaters" perk as soon as possible. That plus a siege machine, at least 2 skirmishers and 2 archers. First I attacked right, on the infantry on the hills with siege machines behind them. Then the knights standing near on of the fortresses came, and met my heavy infantry on the hills. This way I managed to finish them off without heavy casualties (careful positioning of archers and hexers was crucial). Then I captured the central forces and split my forces.
Ah, and I ignored the additional quest, too much distraction from the main quests.

I hope this helps.

OldGray
03-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Thank you for the advice. It was appreciated. I went with the heavy infantry and a stone thrower along with the spear thrower. Had to reload twice but once I got the right mix it sure worked well. Took me 24 turns. Also finished side quest. On to the next chapter ....

domze
03-05-2008, 06:03 AM
SPOILER WARNING

I just managed to get gold on normal difficulty (and take the side quest, but that was by luck - the guy simply stumbled upon my forces). I lost one unit, but that was because of my clumsiness (I risked him though I didn't have to). No special forces selected, just the guys that were tagging along all the time. The trick was to avoid the huge army in the middle, by going right with my whole army, through the woods. The first two fortresses are child's play. The last one has a lot of knights, BUT as you approach from the other direction they never get a chance to scramble before I kick the guard out of the fortress and sneak a goblin inside.

bigmit37
03-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Man the orc missions are kicking my butt! I think I am at the 4th mission...And I keep losing units...

I am afraid of the amount of trouble I am going to have with this mission.

domze
03-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Man the orc missions are kicking my butt! I think I am at the 4th mission...And I keep losing units...

I am afraid of the amount of trouble I am going to have with this mission.

I regard losing more than one unit as a sign that I adapted a wrong strategy somewhere. The most common misstake I made in the Orc campaign was to split my forces. There was only one mission where splitting forces worked to my advantage, in all the others - keep them together or they'll die.

bigmit37
03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I regard losing more than one unit as a sign that I adapted a wrong strategy somewhere. The most common misstake I made in the Orc campaign was to split my forces. There was only one mission where splitting forces worked to my advantage, in all the others - keep them together or they'll die.

Finally beat the mission and wow your right.
I never thought about not splitting my army. Going to try it out.

Thank you.

bigmit37
03-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Hope I have the name correct. I am on normal level and having difficulty with this one. Any advice of unit selection,play style, etc. would be appreciated. I have only 2 reserve troops and that might be my problem as it can go to 30 turns for a bronze win. Until this campaign I have had a few gold and mainly silver wins. Cant even win this on bronze. sigh...:>)

Just got to this mission. I don't have any money nor many troops with horse eaters. I will play some tomorrow, hope it doesn't give me tooo much trouble.

bigmit37
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Got Gold Victory and I managed to the Lance Artifact!

Getting Gold and the Artifact was tough! I had to reload the last 2 turns many, many times.

I didn't know getting Gold Victory, gives you so much more than just gold.

claudio6921
06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
SPOILER WARNING

I just managed to get gold on normal difficulty (and take the side quest, but that was by luck - the guy simply stumbled upon my forces). I lost one unit, but that was because of my clumsiness (I risked him though I didn't have to). No special forces selected, just the guys that were tagging along all the time. The trick was to avoid the huge army in the middle, by going right with my whole army, through the woods. The first two fortresses are child's play. The last one has a lot of knights, BUT as you approach from the other direction they never get a chance to scramble before I kick the guard out of the fortress and sneak a goblin inside.

i took a different way.
attacked the main castle, put my heavy infantry supported by archers against the cavalry
followed by siege machines and zeppelins.
Once destroyed the cavalry units, i took the castle, and then went for the other two.
Got gold victory and the bonus quest.