PDA

View Full Version : Let's Fly Cliffs of Dover: a Gameplay Video series

White Owl
12-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Hello there. :)

Last July I thought it might be fun to try my hand at a Let's Play series of videos, since I've seen a few other LPs of various other games that were enjoyable. DFLion kindly permitted me to record a playthrough of his Spitfire Dawn campaign. I produced a few episodes, began learning by trial and error how to do a Let's Play, and then... something bad happened and I had to stop for a little while.

I'm going to start the series back up. In the past few months I've learned a lot about producing these videos, and am sure I can do better in the future.

Here's the first video in the series: Let's Fly IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Tangmere Defense, part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyVJ2czMRo)
Here's the first episode of Spitfire Dawn: Let's Fly IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Spitfire Dawn, part 1a (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6mUGQ4udqw)

I avoided posting on this forum earlier because I know many of you love to hate on the game, and will immediately commence hating me and my videos for daring to publicly say anything positive about Dover. So here are the rules for leaving comments on my videos and/or channel: constructive criticism is okay, but insults and ranting are not. I am the sole judge of the difference between criticism, insults, and ranting.

Everybody else out there... I hope you like the videos. More are coming, soon.

:cool:

DoolittleRaider
12-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Excellent examples of Gameplay Videos, clearly different from "Movies"

Both Videos are well done, and educational....looking forward to seeing more here in the MM&V subforum in the weeks to come.

wannabetheace
12-14-2011, 02:29 AM
good video for tutorial for new comes. keep up the good work! :grin:

White Owl
12-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Thank you very much.

I don't intend to make a new post here every time I add a video to the series, since the plan is to upload short episodes every few days, and the overall Dover series will kind of stop and start a lot. There are many games I want to cover, but I'll probably come back to Dover multiple times.

DoolittleRaider
12-16-2011, 03:38 AM
@White owl

You can post a "reply" into this thread at anytime to add a new Dover Video by you. That will keep all your Dover videos in one thread for easy reference and viewing.