PDA

View Full Version : bonus mission no surrender

Shellshocked
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Is this one impossible or what? can anyone tell me how to finish it, please.

FM_Thomas7
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I find that this one and Sheltering Night are the hardest to complete, best thing that I recommend is to use the MG's available to you, when the PBR arrives have a guy hidden by the river side and when it stops, shoot the Gunner, the driver will take his place and then shoot him too.

The M113's should be easy to take out if you use the MG's and they can also be used to knock out the chopper when it arrives, and for crying out loud keep your men alive and scavenge for Medkits when you have the chance.

James6584
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
I actually flukily did this by collecting as much ammo etc as i could and placing one man in each corner of the church prone, the helicopter should struggle to kill you and with 4 men the americans run in and get shot, they dont tend to be able to throw grenades in. This is not 100% and may require some reloading and careful direct control at times but it's the only way I did it :S

Shellshocked
12-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I find that this one and Sheltering Night are the hardest to complete, best thing that I recommend is to use the MG's available to you, when the PBR arrives have a guy hidden by the river side and when it stops, shoot the Gunner, the driver will take his place and then shoot him too.

The M113's should be easy to take out if you use the MG's and they can also be used to knock out the chopper when it arrives, and for crying out loud keep your men alive and scavenge for Medkits when you have the chance.

Thank you for replying. I did use the sniper to neutralise the PBR and then rushed him back to the church tower to RPG the helo. I have 3 men still alive and full health around the church when the reinforcements arrive but they stay on the edge of the map while my men get overwhelmed by counterattacking US troops and APCs. I did the end game many times with the same result.

Is this a bug or did you find that the reinforcements advanced and attacked the US troops??

By contrast, Sheltering Night was duck soup because you can sneak around the map, stealth killing maybe 10 patrolling guards to hit all the objectives. When you get to the river from the east side of the map, you can swim the men up river to the bridge and from there is plenty of jungle to move around in undetected. I had to unlock that level because I still havent finished No Surrender.

FM_Thomas7
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
That is probably a bug which should be cured by patching it to patch 1.2 (includes Editor) if you have already done that then I have no clue.