PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec with CSP what am I doing wrong :(

kiwihigh
12-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys need help!

I have never had so many issues setting up a controller for a game as I have with this one.

I know i need to assign the controls (as per another thread) since the devlopers in all their wisdom forgot to add Fanatec, but i can't for the life of me set up the clutch :evil:

I managed to fluke getting the accel to work (only to about 75% before stops and the engine revs drop.... but better than nothing )
And the brake just worked from the word go..
but when it comes to the clutch I can't set it, if i try it stops the accel from working.

I'm no geek but i have always managed to set up the wheel fairly easily with every other game i have except this one..

Im a big fan of 4 Wheel driving and am little disapointed after spending money to get this game, my first impressions are its a POS which is disapointing. it also means i have advised several people with Fanatec wheels not to waste their money.

Can someone please help!

Omal
12-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi Guys need help!

Im a big fan of 4 Wheel driving and am little disapointed after spending money to get this game, my first impressions are its a POS which is disapointing. it also means i have advised several people with Fanatec wheels not to waste their money.

Can someone please help!

Your not alone on this. Good luck getting good help from 1c.

Rocket75
12-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I have the same problem also. No way to calibrate it, heck I can't even get my pedals to work yet. As soon as I hit the enter key it automatically assigns it an axis (its like it thinks the gas is being pressed etc), and when I press the brake same axis flips onto it unassigning the other. I even went and made sure they were calibrated, recalibrated, restarted, checked drivers, ran in other sims tonight with no problems, rechecked that, load Off road same thing...Argh. Went in game just to see, throttle is doing its own thing I don't even have control of it. Saw they released a patch, didn't address anything to do with controllers sadly. Unfortunately this is a keyboard game for me at the moment, can we please get a patch to let Fanatec wheels work with the game, you are loosing a good majority as Fanatec is widely used in the sim racing community and releasing new products almost monthly, a very good company imho.
I have the Fanatec GT3RSv2 and the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals, using XP SP3 with a high end gaming system, I'm no noob so this isn't a beginners mistake.
It would also be nice if we could click the control with the mouse to change it, it feels alot like a port to have to hit enter. Anyways that is minor and doesn't matter if we can get the pedals working!!! Also I tried all the wheel selections and tried changing the axis's, and not changing the axis's, yet nothing worked for the pedals, wheel no problem. It even recognizes my TH8 shifter fine. I tried unplugging it too but it didn't help to get the pedals working. Can't think of anything else to try!

kiwihigh
12-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Amazing that in a time when Fanatec is looking to take over as the biggest wheel manufacture that this game doesn't even offer support or work correctly!
Pretty Damn poor really when every other game managed to work it out..

I can maybe help with getting the accel and brake to work..
I used DX tweak to make sure that the pedals are working corretly via the 9pin SP2 connection.. they DO NOT work via USB must be plugged into the wheel!

wee note 64bit win7 users the Fanatec driver is flawed and you need to unselect the combine pedals button, you may not have this problem but worth mentioning as caught me out in rFactor.

in the game I used the G25 preset, i mapped the buttons for the whinch, compressor and difflocks to the wheel with no issue. i managed to map the 6 speed shifter too with no issue

Don't map the steering or brake.
When you map the gas pedal you don't need to press it. ( you may need to play round while in the game with this one i remember haveing some issues)
forget clutch no matter what you try it won't work and just breaks the accel input.

I HAD to use semiauto or the shifter wouldn't work.

I still can't press the accel past about half way :(
I did find using the netural button as the clutch kinda works...

Won't be buying any more games from these guys, payed $50 for a half arsed half finished game!