PDA

View Full Version : How big will the new story line be?

Darkeonz
12-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Will it be as big as the story from Armored Princess? I hope it will, or even bigger. That was the only thing I really didn't like about crossworlds. The lack of a new campaign was really disappointing (I mean full campaign, I know there were two smaller ones)

Metathron
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, I hope so too. I really didn't care about the two mini campaigns, nor about the fact that they were not advertised as mini campaigns, but instead as three new campaigns. :rolleyes: The only upside to Crossworlds for me were the creature, spell,...etc modifications, so here's hoping WotN has a long, immersive campaign like Armored Princess.

Mandea
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I concur. Also I really loved Defender of the crown campaign (must have finished it at least 30 times) I like more really long campaigns.

Darkeonz
12-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Yes, I hope so too. I really didn't care about the two mini campaigns, nor about the fact that they were not advertised as mini campaigns, but instead as three new campaigns. :rolleyes: The only upside to Crossworlds for me were the creature, spell,...etc modifications, so here's hoping WotN has a long, immersive campaign like Armored Princess.

Yeah I agree. I actually thought "wow! 3 campaigns". Wish it had been advertised a bit different :-/. Hopefully warriors of the north will be a big one

Fatt_Shade
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
What we hope for, and what will we get arent same things ppl :-(
Since announcing WotN some 2 months ago, there were no other official news on 1C forum, so i wont hold my breath for some campaign 3 times longer then AP and 4 times more fun. This whole genre isnt hyped up like fps,or moab nowdays. So we will have to be grateful for what we get.
And w8 for red sands crew and other free moders to give their best in making almost new game with their ideas :-P

Nike-it
12-06-2011, 10:52 AM
It's a bit early to compare the exact time of gameplay, but from what I know, it should be much longer the Crossworlds. Mamybe smth like AR. But definitely it's going to be a very interesting and long campaign:)

jake21
12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks Nike. I really prefered KB-L campaign to KB-AP campaign (even though game play was a bit improved in AP). This sounds like it might be more along the lines of KB-L.

Darkeonz
12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
AP has a lot more replay value though as it's not as much of a grind. A mixture of the two would be great. Game play is mucher greater in AP imo. Much more tactical with the achievements and even the skill trees

gorelando
01-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm glad it's not an engine overhaul or something like that.

I really hope for a solid, comprehensive user-side editor and random map generation though.

I think KB would go down in history as the greatest of the turn-based heroic fantasy genre if only it gets something as good as the Age of Wonders 2 map/campaign design tools. The community would seriously get large fast and it would stick around forever.

The problem with these campaigns is they wear thin in time ... one always wants for more "map" content. It seems natural to allow users to make that content, and then there will be all the more excitement in official content because there is a healthy community. Also official expansions can provide larger modifications, item sets, units, etc. from the people who know what they are doing, which could be applied in a modular fashion.

rickah88
01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Story?? I'd gladly sacrifice story for the addition of ~1million more battles! ;-)

Fatt_Shade
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Hm . . . 1000000 more battles, i think we`ll need more lvl`s for medals. 1 mill battles, first 10 rounds are counted for spell cast medals , so last lvl for fire mage should be around 5000000 castings fire_arrow/fireball/shroud and reward +1000mana :-P , or blind rage medal 50th lvl you get after spending 1billion rage in battles and reward is 100% crit, and +50%dmg for all rage spells . . .

sdshadow
01-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I hope the medals change. The medals to cast a few specific spells at the first 10 rounds are terrible boring. Casting spells that i donĀ“t need and run away from enemies to finish at the 10th round to cast the last spell is fun at the first playround, but i have played the game over 50 times from beginning to the end and it is really boring.

Medals that come with good playing (like the no loss medal) are perfect, but most of the medals are terrible grinding.

Fatt_Shade
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
@sdshadow What to say about blind rage medal then ? In red_sands it was set to 4th lvl 21000 rage used , i have never managed to get it before 200 fought battles at least, in adventure mod medals had 5lvls and blind rage 28000 for 5th.
It`s not only spell castings medal mind numbing to achieve, and only 3lvl for medals is low. But they are all useful and great bonuses in game and none of them is obligatory to have to finish game impy`s 14 battle game finish showed us that (among many other challenges, but that 1 really made me laugh :-). What i mentioned before is that would be great to make more difference among hero classes as it is in AP/CW you could easily get all medals with any class, and only difference is 2 medals between warrior/paladin/mage, only 2 out of 10. My idea was medals lvl scaling like skills lvlup : when you achieve lvl for some medal you unlock other 2 then after lvlup 1 of those you unlock 2 more and so on (expl you get some medal and choice for guardian medal of fire mage, so you pick either resistance bonus for your units or more mana for spamming dmg spells. you pick guardian angel and when you lvlup that you pick new medal for +defense% for your army or medal for -defense% for enemy . . .)
So depending of players choices he get different medal `tree`, and different bonuses which would be nice because our choice to spend runes on skills, and with this our play style would give use interesting achievements with medals we pick along way.

Totoro
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I'd really like more long quest chains with a story that involve twists.