PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been wondering

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey all!
As the title says, I've been wondering on something for a loooooong looooooong time. (Well atleast since the release of the game). Why can I NOT see what skillpoints does? I can only see their names, like "glorious warlord" and "tax collector" and so on.. But nothing shows what they affect? What they improve?
When holding mouse cursor over them, nothing happens. Is this just for me, or does other share my "problem"?

Regards

mitra
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them

Strange. Hmm...
However, I cant find the manual anywhere. Any idea where it might be :o?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.

Goblin Wizard
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Here. (http://www.real-warfare.com/files)

Goblin Wizard
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.
When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?

Hmm.. Now I understand. I checked options. The "Show hints" button was unchecked, and when I tried now, it worked. ;) Much better. Thanks!

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why. :(

mitra
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
is strange the soundtrack is called by the scripts following the situation of battles.

Goblin Wizard
12-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why. :(

I have very similar issue too. My sound card is old (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 from 2002) and it has problems with playing mono sound effects (soldiers marching, fighting, etc.). It's strange because sounds in all other games are ok and when I play all those sounds in Winamp I can hear them nice and clear. Due to the old age of my card it's hard to blame the devs.
The effect of this issue is that all sounds stop playing at all after a short time of a battle. I've found two semi solutions. 1st - disabling effects sounds in options. That cuts the effects sounds but all other are audible. 2nd - converting all mono sounds to stereo ones. Disadvantage of this solution is that you stop to hear if a sound come from left or right side.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I constantly get error messages during battles now... (Running in compatibility mode for Vista).. So that did just work at the quest it appears.
It says "Access violation at adress 007DC55F (and 007DC5B7) in module 'engine.exe'. Read of adress BFCF89D3 (and BFC89D7)"... Not sure if those numbers are good for anything, but I hope.. When is the next patch coming out by the way?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I constantly get error messages during battles now... (Running in compatibility mode for Vista).. So that did just work at the quest it appears.
It says "Access violation at adress 007DC55F (and 007DC5B7) in module 'engine.exe'. Read of adress BFCF89D3 (and BFC89D7)"... Not sure if those numbers are good for anything, but I hope.. When is the next patch coming out by the way?

In fact, it's started to crash even on campaign map, showing a bunch of error messages.. =/

mitra
12-05-2011, 08:17 PM
retry to set windows 7 relaunching also the config.exe

mitra
12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Happen in all battles or only the battles where there is the sieges weapons? Please try to describe the situation when it happen.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Happen in all battles or only the battles where there is the sieges weapons? Please try to describe the situation when it happen.

Well as mentioned, it even happens on the campaign map (when Im not in a battle). It hasn't crashed this much before, and never (until today) on the campaign map. However, the battles have crashed alot, and now even more. Im not sure if that depends on my siege weapons, but it seems unlikely since it appear to crash whether I'm in battle or not. Siege battles tends to crash more likely (About 1/4 or 1/5 of the siege battles works without crashing). The normal battles is more like 50/50. :confused:

mitra
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
retry to set windows 7 relaunching also the config.exe

mitra
12-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Is also important to know if you have installed new software recently or if you has particular (not common) software running when you play with the game.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Is also important to know if you have installed new software recently or if you has particular (not common) software running when you play with the game.

Nope. Only graphic card drivers, and that was for the reason that I hoped it would solve the mysterious crashes (which it didn't). Nothing new is installed, and I dont have any background applications/programs running whilst playing RW2. :eek:

mitra
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Read the PM I sent you

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Does none play in multiplayer? As far as I can see, there's a leaderboard showing that many have played over 50 battles already if Im not mistaking. How comes that? I've never seen a game in multiplayer / Online game. The lobby is constantly empty, and my tries hosting have yet shown no result; Nobody is joining. Does nobody play in multiplayer :S?

mitra
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Join one of steam group http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2268872; because people who play online are still fews is difficult meet casually you must organize with them online.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Ahh thank you ; )
I thought it would be way more. But it'll probably increase as more buy the game