PDA

View Full Version : To Administrator-Problems with Gamersgate version

asadexes
02-24-2008, 12:05 AM
I've noticed that is not possible to play with people has the Gamersgate version of the game
The game says "diffrent version impossible to connect"
Is possible to correct this problem?

Maluzu
02-24-2008, 12:13 AM
I got my game from gamersgate.com

I have had three issues thus far,

1) I am unable to use the english (aka Atari) version of the map editor, it will not detect an installed game...
2) I am unable to play online vs other people, conflict of game versions. (even though we both are running Version 1.0 August 2007)
3) I can not uninstall the game... I tried to uninstall the game using add/remove programs... here is what I get:
Internal error: Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller

Also... I tried to install FW from gamersgate at another location that I frequent often, and it wont let me. I forget the exact error... something about being invalid. I paid 39.99 for this game, always running into issues. Still fun, but I need to keep overcoming barriers :(

Alex Mars
02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Sounds like we need a compatibility patch.

Devean
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I have the same problem with the editor in the "New Age Games" version of the game (though it is a full English version). Neither Atari, nor Nobilis editor works. I have not yet tried to play online, but I fear I will have the same problem. I wrote to support a few days ago, but got no answer. Not even a confirmation, that they will look into the matter :/

Why isn't there equal support for all the versions of the game?

Skelos
02-25-2008, 04:24 AM
I have the same problem with the editor in the "New Age Games" version of the game (though it is a full English version). Neither Atari, nor Nobilis editor works. I have not yet tried to play online, but I fear I will have the same problem. I wrote to support a few days ago, but got no answer. Not even a confirmation, that they will look into the matter :/

Why isn't there equal support for all the versions of the game?

Where did you get "New age Games" version? Was it on disks or online download? I do not know wich version is distributed under "New age games" label, so cannot help.

Devean
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Where did you get "New age Games" version? Was it on disks or online download? I do not know wich version is distributed under "New age games" label, so cannot help.

I got it on eBay. It was shipped from Thailand. It came on a DVD. It looks exactly the same as the regular English versions.

Oh, and I'm sorry, I made a mistake in the company name: its New Era Games, not New Age, sorry for the confusion :)

The registry entries are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1C\Fantasy Wars\1.0

I hope this information will help you identify the problem :)

Devean
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
*bump*

Skelos, any luck with finding a solution to my problem? Or the gamersgate multiplayer problem? (I can play in Multi over IP without any problems. Asadex has already decimated my Orcs once ;) ).

asadexes
02-29-2008, 09:56 PM
lol

Skelos
03-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Trying to track the version.

Skelos
03-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Ok. There will be a patch soon.

Devean
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok. There will be a patch soon.

Great news! Do you mean Gamersgate multiplayer bug, New Era Games editor bug or maybe both? :)

Skelos
03-05-2008, 07:33 AM
It was because of different builds, and it is not a bug. Different versions cannot connecto to each other.
We need to sinchronize versions of the game in order to make internet game between then available. We can do it by patch.

Devean
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
But will this also fix the problem with the editor not wanting to install?

Hertston
03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I have the editor 'version' problem. I don't even think it's the one mentioned above ('New Era'); its in English, and the box and the (B&W) manual have the two 1C logos, '1C company' and 'Ino-Co' and the box also the 'TheEngine' logo. Nothing else. Bought it from an e-bay seller (UK), but it's Starforce protected so I assume legit.

Where is the editor supposed to install to? If the problem is just that installer is pointing to the wrong place, would it be possible just to set up a dummy directory for the install and then copy the files over to what, in my case, is "C:\Program Files\1C\Fantasy Wars" ?

Very cool game by the way, I'm really enjoying it. I hope this 'version' stuff won't be a problem with the add on when it arrives.. I'd hate to buy it and find it won't install. Multiplayer is an issue that really needs sorting, I haven't played online yet but this sort of game never has a huge online community. You can make up for that with enthusiasm, but only if what players there are can all play against each other!

EDIT: Just noticed front cover is identical to the 'packshot' at this site. Game is stated at the main menu to be version 1.0, 13 October 2007 (don't tell me... that's out of date, but there there is no patch? Are the Atari and Nobilis releases 1.0 as well?)

Skelos
03-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Ok! Thanks for the additional information - it will help us to find out the matter of problems. We will fix it soon!