PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a smaller patch this week?

ThisIsRealWarfare
11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Well Now I've tried the siege of "Kock" 9 times, last time with lowest graphics possible, everything off (Like particle effects). It still didnt work. It wont just work whatever I do, I've really tried everything. But I dont want to give up, and I can neither wait a week :( (Since then it's been 2 weeks of campaign stop).

Is it possible releasing a smaller patch fixing the crashes this week? :confused:

ThisIsRealWarfare
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
By the way, Mitra, Im wondering something about the ammount of units in a battle. I have seen your pictures, where its as most 24 units, but the game says only 20 is allowed.. I dont quite understand how that comes. Maybe it's about leadership or :o

Goblin Wizard
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
As one of the devs said today:
I'm preparing the release of the patch 2.2.5. I think it will be available tomorrow.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
As one of the devs said today:

Wow that is great news :grin:

mitra
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
By the way, Mitra, Im wondering something about the ammount of units in a battle. I have seen your pictures, where its as most 24 units, but the game says only 20 is allowed.. I dont quite understand how that comes. Maybe it's about leadership or :o

It was a battle where the four more units are pre-set, not part of my army.

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
The patch is done. Dev's words: "I hope it will be activated on Steam today."
I hope it will uploaded somewhere else ASAP too. I've got the game form gamersgate so some kind of rar archive would be enough.

Petrus55
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
The patch is done. Dev's words: "I hope it will be activated on Steam today."
I hope it will uploaded somewhere else ASAP too. I've got the game form gamersgate so some kind of rar archive would be enough.

Any idea what this patch will contain?

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Any idea what this patch will contain?

Russian info translated by google:

2.2.5 Update (December 2011)

Errors
- Fixed crash when storming.
- Fixed crash when generating some locks.
- Fixed bug when a job is not carried out the mission, although all conditions were met.
- Rewritten the mechanics of determining the regions visited a unit in a specified area. This allowed us to avoid the rare error when the quest is not satisfied, although unit arrived at its destination point.
- Fixed a battle with the Prussian foragers, near the village of Matt. Generated snow map with disabled AI opponent.
- Fixed bug when in the video after the passage of the campaign, had a window of information about the hero.
- Fixed a hole when you can avoid fines and escape from any battle, closing the window before the fight.
- In calculating the forces of the army, troops are now in the reserve are not counted.
- Fixed bug when in dialogue with the rumors of a unit, if you select an answer "return", the dialog was closed. Now the answer is to start a branch dialogue.
- Fixed bug where the capture of a castle in the first 2 minutes of the campaign, the garrison will not automatically hired.
- Fixed the artifact shadows.

Improvements
- Generation of names. All units occupying the strategic map are unique names. Consisting of name, the second part of name (for Mongolia), name (a commoner or a noble family), nicknames (for gangsters and Prussian units). All names are generated in the light of the nation and the existing names and surnames of the nation at that time. Names are displayed in the hint when you hover on the unit, and in the window before and after a battle with the army.
- Tactical AI can not safely shoot himself. Responds to fire equipment and fire on the abuse of archers without return fire.
- After passing through the campaign, the boundaries of the game card is strongly expanded, allowing the camera to reach all the cities of the map.
- If a weak player attacks a robber, or lord, and opens the window before the fight. Then after closing the windows, dialog is on a branch, like whether he has already attacked you with answers, to pay off the battlefield.
- Added mouse over impassable terrain. You can now define passable and impassable areas of the tactical map.

Gameplay
- Increased the maximum size of the armies of the AI, now, if the army has more than 10 units of "Knights" "sergeant", the number of units Rank "Police" will be 2 times that amount. The maximum number of units 30. (Was 20).
- Balance of Forces recruitment rank "Police." Army trying to recruit more evenly archers and pikemen.
- Added an increase in the maximum number of units of all the garrisons of castles, towns and villages, with an increase in the level of the player and his provincial commander.
- Rearrange the point of birth of armies in the battles in missions campaign against bandits and Pippin in the battle near the village of foragers Chluhov.
- 50% increased the percentage of units are automatically employed by the garrison, after the capture of the town or castle.
- Slightly increased chance of employment of siege equipment in medium and large cities and castles.
- Slightly reduced the chance of hiring the shooters in the garrison towns and castles. Often, almost the entire garrison was shooting.
- Enter the minimum limit on the amount of bribes of $ 20. Fix the maximum number of bribes, allowed the player to claim the super-large amounts, in cases where his army was superior to the enemy at times.
- Introduced the distance of visibility of forces - the radius of the intelligence on the map. In the future we'll add a skill game affects the radius of investigation.

In essence this is a technical and not a lot of file to play parts.
Next - Changes in storms, and yummy for those who have passed a campaign that is new quests, skills, functions.
Plus some optimizations specific error since. forum, etc.

Petrus55
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Goblin Wizard - thanks!

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Great!
But another patch/Hotfix comes out next week?
I didn't see any fix for crashes on the siege that doesn't let me pass :( I guess I'll have to wait until next patch

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Great!
But another patch/Hotfix comes out next week?
I didn't see any fix for crashes on the siege that doesn't let me pass :( I guess I'll have to wait until next patch
What about this
Errors
- Fixed crash when storming.
Maybe it'll help you.

Bhunter55
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I hope so. I am getting the same thing, a pointer error or address violation at some point in the Koch campaign. It seems to get more frequent the longer I have been playing the game or the more times I start it up after it crashes.

Is it possible there is a 'memory leak' issue?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
What about this

Maybe it'll help you.

I really hope so yes. I dont really understand if storming really means Storm as in bad weather in this case. The Kock siege doesnt include that, it's always sunny ;)
But lets hope it does. Really good support and work by the developers

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Is it possible there is a 'memory leak' issue?
It's possible but I'd say that it's an error that causes other errors and the whole thing works like an avalanche. If you know the exact moment when the first error happens you can run the game through the editor with debugger activated. The problem is you have to know a little about scripts and where to set break points for debugger.

Sneaksie
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Storming means assaulting in this case.

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi, Sneaksie :)! When will you upload the patch? Do you have it now?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Storming means assaulting in this case.

Should have thought of that ;)

mitra
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Just recieved the changelog in english

The patch 225 is ready and is in waiting to be uploaded on steam and download servers; here in preview the change log

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Version 2.2.5 (December 2011)

Fixed:
- Crashes during sieges
- Crashes while generating certain castle layouts
- A rare error when mission stayed incomplete when all of its tasks were completed
- A rare error when an army was considered to be located in another region, which led to inability to finish a quest
- Battle with Prussian foragers near Matowy will be generated correctly now
- Error when player info window stayed on screen while playing outro
- Exploit when player could escape from any battle
- Reserve troops are no longer taken into account while calculating army strength
- 'Return' option in some dialogs now works correctly instead of closing dialog window
- A castle will be auto-garrisoned after capturing it in all cases
- Wrong shadows rendering

Improvements
- Name generation. All units on strategic map now have correctly generated names. They consist of first names, 2nd name parts (for Mongols), last names or nicknames (for brigands and Prussians). All possible names are historically correct for a given nation.
- Tactical AI will react to being under fire more actively
- After completing the story campaign and starting the freeplay mode maps boundaries are expanded
- Handling of negotiations between weak player and enemy lords
- New mouse cursor shows inaccessible map areas

Gameplay changes
- Maximum AI army size increased to 30 regiments (was 20). If army contains more than 10 professional regiments ("Knights" or "Sergeants" level), it can contain twice the amount of militia troops.
- AI will try to hire roughly equal amount of Pikemen and ranged troops (Militia tier)
- Army spawn points corrected in quest tactical battles (engagement with Pippin brigands and battle with foragers near Chluhov)
- 50% more regiments will be auto-hired to garrison a castle after capturing it
- Chance of finding hireable siege equipment in medium and large towns and castles slighhtly increased
- Chance of having ranged troops in garrisons of towns and castles decreased
- Minimal ransom is now 20. Maximum ransom capped.
- AI armies strength hints are now visible near the player and not on the entire map. New 'Recon' skill that affects this distance will be added in a next patch.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Just recieved the changelog in english

The patch 225 is ready and is in waiting to be uploaded on steam and download servers; here in preview the change log

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Version 2.2.5 (December 2011)

Fixed:
- Crashes during sieges
- Crashes while generating certain castle layouts
- A rare error when mission stayed incomplete when all of its tasks were completed
- A rare error when an army was considered to be located in another region, which led to inability to finish a quest
- Battle with Prussian foragers near Matowy will be generated correctly now
- Error when player info window stayed on screen while playing outro
- Exploit when player could escape from any battle
- Reserve troops are no longer taken into account while calculating army strength
- 'Return' option in some dialogs now works correctly instead of closing dialog window
- A castle will be auto-garrisoned after capturing it in all cases
- Wrong shadows rendering

Improvements
- Name generation. All units on strategic map now have correctly generated names. They consist of first names, 2nd name parts (for Mongols), last names or nicknames (for brigands and Prussians). All possible names are historically correct for a given nation.
- Tactical AI will react to being under fire more actively
- After completing the story campaign and starting the freeplay mode maps boundaries are expanded
- Handling of negotiations between weak player and enemy lords
- New mouse cursor shows inaccessible map areas

Gameplay changes
- Maximum AI army size increased to 30 regiments (was 20). If army contains more than 10 professional regiments ("Knights" or "Sergeants" level), it can contain twice the amount of militia troops.
- AI will try to hire roughly equal amount of Pikemen and ranged troops (Militia tier)
- Army spawn points corrected in quest tactical battles (engagement with Pippin brigands and battle with foragers near Chluhov)
- 50% more regiments will be auto-hired to garrison a castle after capturing it
- Chance of finding hireable siege equipment in medium and large towns and castles slighhtly increased
- Chance of having ranged troops in garrisons of towns and castles decreased
- Minimal ransom is now 20. Maximum ransom capped.
- AI armies strength hints are now visible near the player and not on the entire map. New 'Recon' skill that affects this distance will be added in a next patch.

I couldn't be more excited :o
This must mean that the siege works and my campaign can continue! ;)
Will it come out the following hours today?

mitra
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't know; there is the technical time for uploading it especially in steam

Bhunter55
12-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Just as an FYI Gamestop/Impulse is still downloading 2.2.3 so I had to manually update to 2.2.4...

mitra
12-02-2011, 07:01 PM
only steam version do automatically the patch download. for the other version you can download it from here http://www.real-warfare.com/files

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Was the 2.5.5 just released on steam? It had some update, but when I tried, it was with a bigger disappointment..
The siege of Kock is unplayable. This was the tenth time. If that was the update, it clearly didnt help, because it just resulted in the game stopped working (again)...

Goblin Wizard
12-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Another question: is this patch fully save compatible?

Bhunter55
12-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I see I need an rar opener...

mitra
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Another question: is this patch fully save compatible?

Yes

Goblin Wizard
12-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Someone should mention that this time to get the patch you have to run update.exe.

Sneaksie
12-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Or login to multiplayer, you'll also get the update.

The siege of Kock is unplayable. This was the tenth time. If that was the update, it clearly didnt help, because it just resulted in the game stopped working (again)...

If this error is not fixed for you, could you please send your save game prior to it to the e-mail mitra mentioned earlier so he will pass it to the developers? rw2box(at)hotmail.it

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 07:44 AM
If this error is not fixed for you, could you please send your save game prior to it to the e-mail mitra mentioned earlier so he will pass it to the developers? rw2box(at)hotmail.it

I have done that already, some days ago :(
I'll send it again I guess then :/

mitra
12-03-2011, 08:21 AM
I have already adviced about the problem; appears not related to other corrected by the patch. they are verifying

mitra
12-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Real, please can you do a test? Can you play the siege without using trebuchet (set them in reserve), but only bibl?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Real, please can you do a test? Can you play the siege without using trebuchet (set them in reserve), but only bibl?

:O Good idea!
I will try that right now. No trebuchets, right.

mitra
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
they are verifying, they will do a ad hoc hotfix for your case

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Well thanks =/

I just tried with only the bibls, but it didnt work still :cry:

mitra
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
try to change the video frequency (you use 1680x105 60 hz , try 59 hz)

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Tried that too now (for a second time). I just cant understand whats wrong.. I've really tried everything, but nothing seems to change the fact that the game will crash after about 5-10 minutes on the siege :confused:

mitra
12-03-2011, 09:48 AM
they received another feedback about the same problem: he has your same OS, different graphic card, but AMD processor like your one.

Hyperborean
12-03-2011, 05:09 PM
they received another feedback about the same problem: he has your same OS, different graphic card, but AMD processor like your one.

I have an AMD Processor, an AMD II X4 640 3,09 ghz one, it that the one causing my crashing problems?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I've got AMD Phenom x 2 555. It'd be strange though, if it would cause the crashes :S
I've been able to run every game I have on max settings (or very close to max settings) without any lag / crashes. For example Napoleon TW, Shogun 2 TW, M&B Warband.. and plenty more. But this is a game I really want to continue playing.. its so sad that it doesn't work for the moment :confused: :(

Goblin Wizard
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I doubt it's about cpu. The game has some problems with Win7. I play on winXP and only errors I've seen were those caused by my mods.

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I doubt it's about cpu. The game has some problems with Win7. I play on winXP and only errors I've seen were those caused by my mods.

Maybe I should try run it in compability mode or something? :O

mitra
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
sure is not the processor but can be a combination of factors; anyway if you want, for bypass the quest use the autowinon\autowinoff command .

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Believe it or not!
I tried compability mode for Vista... IT WORKED!!!! :shock::-o
Now Im so happy ;)
Is there no more quests after Kock? It's gonna be tough taking the role as landmeister, fighting those stubborn prussians.

sure is not the processor but can be a combination of factors; anyway if you want, for bypass the quest use the autowinon\autowinoff command .

WHY didn't you say that earlier???? :mrgreen:

mitra
12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Believe it or not!
Now Im so happy ;)
Is there no more quests after Kock? It's gonna be tough taking the role as landmeister, fighting those stubborn prussians.

ahi, ahi you didn't read all the forum post?!?!?!?

mitra
12-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Believe it or not!
Now Im so happy ;)

Unicorn says thanks for the solution; now they have a starting point for understand; the problem is in the differences between vista and seven

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Unicorn says thanks for the solution; now they have a starting point for understand; the problem is in the differences between vista and seven

Wow yeah :o
But I really wish them good luck. It's great to know they're working with it ;)

Bhunter55
12-04-2011, 12:56 PM
How do I find Vista Compatibility Mode?

ThisIsRealWarfare
12-04-2011, 01:08 PM
How do I find Vista Compatibility Mode?

Well, whether you have the game on steam or not, go for any shortcut of it. Press properties (Not sure if it's called so, but you know.. options for the program"). Next, go for "Compatibility", in a box where you can swap compatibility modes, and select "Vista" (Not Vista 1 or 2 or whatever they are called, just Vista). Then press apply, and it should work. I tried Win XP Service pack 2 and 3, they didnt work, but Vista somewhy did ;)

Good luck!

Bhunter55
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks! Found it. I had to go teh the folder for it as I got it thru impulse/gamestop (should have thru steam).

Bhunter55
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Seems to have solved the errors. The game is still laggy as hell but no errors.

mitra
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
For the laggy, test if with lower resolution (without WS) it changes something