PDA

View Full Version : Men Of War Vietnam Extra Units Mod

FM_Thomas7
11-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I've finally after a week of getting used to looking at the innards of this game and some help from the community of DMS and this forum, in particular Eliasmasche from DMS, I've finally got a mod finished that adds extra units.

USA:

Dodge M37
UH1-B
UH1
Pilots

NVA:

Mi4
Gaz67 (covered, no mg)
Pilots

Any units that you wish to have that are already in the games from MOW to now I can try to add if there is anything that isn't then I'm sorry, but it may be possible in the future.

That are historically accurate of course, I've already got plans for the M16 and M3a1 halftracks to be added, you all go looking through the units in the sides and see if there's anything missing.

(Update)

All MOW units are to be suspended from being added until I have thought of a witty way to port them to this game as it causes the game to crash, if there is any suggestions to make them work, then by all means post them here.

FM_Thomas7
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Link to Version 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPP8SAIL

Tigerclaw
11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
link not working

kakisdf
11-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Thank you. Very good job.

Helicopters how we use; Which keys; Ok i found.( engine start = ctrl + space) – (go up, go down = ctrl + pageup or pagedown) – (moves helicopters = ctrl + arrows keys or double click left mouse button).

You can add paratroopers from both nations and us drops to where we want?

Also the helicopter to move short distances at low speed or even better to have speed controlled by the player, also capable of moving and backward because helicopters can do that.

Tigerclaw
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
would it be easyer to inport vietnam into assault squad? then you would have a wide range of buildings and units to make better maps.

FM_Thomas7
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry I havent been here to answer any questions or complaints etc, but thanks for downloads at least I've got people who're using my mod (and no complaints about it either so that's a good sign), I'm also nearing completion of Version 2, it adds more units, changes the speeds of the Helicopters and has two big surprises that you will all love, if you have time keep giving reviews and suggestions for improvement.

FM_Thomas7 - Mod Creator

FM_Thomas7
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you. Very good job.

Helicopters how we use; Which keys; Ok i found.( engine start = ctrl + space) – (go up, go down = ctrl + pageup or pagedown) – (moves helicopters = ctrl + arrows keys or double click left mouse button).

You can add paratroopers from both nations and us drops to where we want?

Also the helicopter to move short distances at low speed or even better to have speed controlled by the player, also capable of moving and backward because helicopters can not do that.

I do have plans for there to be a special unit group that allows players to call in artillery support (to make up for the lack of it in game) and I may think about doing something similar to the3 suggestion of an airdrop although they were uncommon and were only used on rare occassions (Ap Bac was an example I believe) but that doesn't mean it won't happen, wait and see and you might be surprised.

FM_Thomas7
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Version 2 is now ready all that's needed is the last test to make sure everythings okay and then trim it down so it takes less time to download, It'll be released by the end of this week end.

FM_Thomas7
12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
(Download and put in as you would normally, unzip and put into "Mods" folder in your Men Of War Vietnam Directory).

It's ready and is available, you now have more units, NEW weapons and more destruction to wreak upon the Vietnamese countryside and 2 NEW SIDES to use, The ARVN & Vietcong have now been coded in as seperate sides for you to use in Multiplayer, I'll soon be deleting the first version but not for a little while, spread the word that Version 2's out and get playing, if you run into a problem, PM me or send me a post on this thread and I'll sort it out as quickly as possible, and most of all... HAVE FUN and MERRY CHRISTMAS!.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPP8SAIL

On another note I've noticed a shotgun in the code and was wondering whether to add it in for you people to use, and so I throw the question out into the public for you the decide: Should the shotgun be put in, or be left to gather dust?.

Remember to send a post if you see any mistakes what so ever as they can easily be rectified.

(Any complaints about the icons used for buttons won't be listened too, I'm not good at art and so will probably not try to make new ones.).

kakisdf
12-05-2011, 07:17 AM
(Download and put in as you would normally, unzip and put into "Mods" folder in your Men Of War Vietnam Directory).

It's ready and is available, you now have more units, NEW weapons and more destruction to wreak upon the Vietnamese countryside and 2 NEW SIDES to use, The ARVN & Vietcong have now been coded in as seperate sides for you to use in Multiplayer, I'll soon be deleting the first version but not for a little while, spread the word that Version 2's out and get playing, if you run into a problem, PM me or send me a post on this thread and I'll sort it out as quickly as possible, and most of all... HAVE FUN and MERRY CHRISTMAS!.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPP8SAIL

On another note I've noticed a shotgun in the code and was wondering whether to add it in for you people to use, and so I throw the question out into the public for you the decide: Should the shotgun be put in, or be left to gather dust?.

Remember to send a post if you see any mistakes what so ever as they can easily be rectified.

(Any complaints about the icons used for buttons won't be listened too, I'm not good at art and so will probably not try to make new ones.).

Thank you again. Merry Christmas to you.
Very good and natural movement of the helicopter.

Note (Must be apply mod Men Of War Vietnam Units Addon v1 & v2 together).You remove the link if the mod Men Of War Vietnam Units Addon v1.

FM_Thomas7
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Thank you again. Merry Christmas to you.
Very good and natural movement of the helicopter.

Note (Must be apply mod Men Of War Vietnam Units Addon v1 & v2 together).You remove the link if the mod Men Of War Vietnam Units Addon v1.

No it's been improved and stuff changed if you want you can delete Version 1 and keep V2 or keep both, but don't apply them both as it'll cause the game to crash due to them both changing code and it would mess it up.

Any future releases are to be treated exactly the same, they're to be kept seperate from past versions.

Thanks for your question though and Merry Christmas

FM_Thomas7
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Hello Everyone, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, I'm in a festive mood and am willing to try and add any unit you may wish to see, the conditions are that it is historically accurate and I try my best, and in other news I've added a new 8 Person Team to the USA/ARVN side, The Civilian Iregular Defence Group, they're armed with M3A1 Grease Guns, BARs and Shotguns.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41710651/Example%201.jpg

Remember Christmas/Holidays, only lasts until 25 of December so get your ideas in before Christmas Day.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas everyone!

Gepanzert Faust
02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Could this mod please be re-uploaded? Megaupload is dead lol

Thanks ;)

kakisdf
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
https://rapidshare.com/files/3701699447/Men_Of_War_Vietnam_Units_Addon_V2.rar

Gepanzert Faust
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
https://rapidshare.com/files/3701699447/Men_Of_War_Vietnam_Units_Addon_V2.rar

Many thanks for the upload! :-P