PDA

View Full Version : Hmm

luckymarine
11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I wonder why steam directs people to a forum thats the "official" forum of the game developers.

Hardly impartial and from what I have seen of the game it is poor on the verge of infantile.

So much so that I for one regret purchasing this game in the first place. Having been an avid "total war" geek 1C have tried to merge the battle's of TW with an RPG element that wouldnt be too bad if it actually worked.

The on field battles are highly predictable (this is on the "realistic" setting I dread to thing what "arcade" is like!!!), and units have a mind of their own and are somewhat incapable to hold a position if so much as a rock is in the middle of them, causing them to randomly wander off to another position usualy just before the enemy charge.

I get the morale thing, I also get the self control thing, its just how can 1C have got it so wrong when TW have been doing it right for the past 10 years?

Never played real warfare 1 so had no idea what I was getting into, will not be purchasing real warfare 3 or any other 1C game on impulse again.

ThisIsRealWarfare
11-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Im afraid I agree to most of it =/.
Units respond too slow, and reacts very strange on the smallest things. Most of the battles, they dont even flee properly. I've played plenty now, whereof most means that if I rout an enemy unit, it'd either not move at all, fight to death, or move 20 yards and then stand and wonder "Which way now?", uncapable of moving. It's annoying, indeed, but it doesnt really lower my thoughts of the game so much, even though that should be fixed.

mitra
11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Well if you have problems like this write here rw2box@hotmail.it , sending dxdiag file, your game profiles files ( under "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Documents\Real Warfare 2 - Teutonic order\" files: profile.cfg,hardware.info,resource.main.res,video. info), a save file of the point you had the bug eventually. The problem will be verified directly by the programmers.

ThisIsRealWarfare
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Thank you for your help, mitra. I dont know if I want a refund or the game fixed any longer... But I've sent DxDiag and everything, telling the problems, (Crashes, campaign wont work after the siege of ordensburg etc) to them.
:neutral:

mitra
11-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Don't worry the problem will be resolved, you must have two reply in your mail box, please send also the save files like asked in the second email

He111
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
It's a new game, it will have teething problems, but the basic concept it worth pursuing. $30 is nothing these days and a fair price for a vision of the future for wargaming / RPg.

Hopefully they can use this release to iron out most of the bugs before they target western markets with their next big release .. ROME! :grin:

Whitehead221
11-21-2011, 10:01 PM
"It's a new game, it will have teething problems, but the basic concept it worth pursuing. $30 is nothing these days and a fair price for a vision of the future for wargaming / RPg.

Hopefully they can use this release to iron out most of the bugs before they target western markets with their next big release .. ROME!"

I agree with this. 30 dollars for a full game is a great price, because generally you buy a 60 dollar game and it sucks. I bought the game to support the company mainly. Medieval games are not very interesting to me due to sieges generally sucking and standard battles are generally melee blobs, however hopefully in the future we will see a gunpowder era game that exceeds the elements of total war.

Desaix
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
... however hopefully in the future we will see a gunpowder era game that exceeds the elements of total war.

Ditto ;)

@ Luckymarine
"when TW have been doing it right for the past 10 years"

This says a lot. Don't want to start an argue but AI of the last 3 TW titles is so stupid I wonder how someone can define "right" those games.

He111
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
no gunpowder era until sword & shield has been exhausted. To inspire a Roman game, here's a Roman siege and the engines they used.

CA / SEGA have become jaded of late, they've lost the love and dedication.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/ArchaicWarrior/rca1.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/ArchaicWarrior/RCA2.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/ArchaicWarrior/RCA3.jpg