PDA

View Full Version : English subtitle patch for foreign countries

sorrenti
02-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi, I'm an italian who felt in love with the demo, and I finally found a copy on ebay, because this game isn't officially selled on my country.

I know this game is not well know here, but this isn't strange since no advertising reach any magazine, and no official translation means almost no selling here (poor english knowledge).

So, I'm not complaining about "why don't you didn't translate it in italian", I perfectly understand your point of view (one word: piracy), but, please let us have a patch for english subtitle!!! I understand written english well, but I'm not as good about the spoken one!

This, of course, may help not only me or any other italian, but even minor countries like greece, sweden, etc... not mentioning deaf people!

thanks for reading, hope in a new *subtitled* expansion soon... ;9

OSS
02-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi, I'm an italian who felt in love with the demo, and I finally found a copy on ebay, because this game isn't officially selled on my country.

So, I'm not complaining about "why don't you didn't translate it in italian",

i was told that nobillis (european distributor) made italian translation of game, so you must check it..

Evgeny
02-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes, the game was, actually, localized into Italian, so you should ask Nobilis, why you can't buy the game in your country.

hykao
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Well I was thinking about an unofficial English subtitle patch before a month or so, but nobody was interested in it... :)

I have made an unofficial Hungarian translation with video conversation subtitles. Video conversations are really important about historical background of missions and personal storyline of Semyon Alexeyevich Strogov.

I think it's a bad idea change original Russian voices. In videos (and during missions) the germans speak in their own mother language, and there is another german conversation between Strogov and General Klimenko. So it's too bad when Soviets speak in English or Italian or so. :)

I'd make an unofficial subtitle patch (original Russian voices - English subtitles for non-English mother tongued...and maybe Russian voices - Russian Subs for deaf people), if you are interested...so folk give me your thoughts, because I'd hate work if nobody would be interested in it...

sorrenti
02-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Nobilis didn't translate the game in italian, as you can see in their site; and I haven't read anything about an italian translation. I don't even know if nobils can translate anything in italian, since Fantasy Wars was selled by Nobilis itself to Ubisoft, who traslated the game into italian.

However, I think an unofficial patch is a good idea, even for others foreign countries...

Hykao, I don't think your work would be underrated, it only need to be "promoted"... not all the people would come here in this forum ;)

sorrenti
02-24-2008, 08:36 AM
no reply at all? nobody interested in english subtitles?

beforetime
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Where was the file? I want to download it. I'm very interested it. english to spanish translation (http://www.24hourspanishtranslation.com/)

Jason
02-26-2009, 10:19 AM
See here maybe, link at the top: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=933169&topic=41615962

OSS
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Nobilis didn't translate the game in italian, as you can see in their site; and I haven't read anything about an italian translation

very strange.. because on my knowledge from developers, game was translated to five languages - english/french/german/spanish and italian..

AHO
02-27-2009, 10:08 AM
very strange.. because on my knowledge from developers, game was translated to five languages - english/french/german/spanish and italian..

Correct its E.F.I.G.S. (= English, French, Italian, German and Spanish)
Or with other words standard Multi5.

For example here you can download the official italian Demo:
http://downloads.phpnuke.org/it/download-item-view-g-n-z-l-v.htm