PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most up to date?

plantwoman
11-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I apologise if this has been covered before but can someone tell me which is the most up to date version of MOW Vietnam? :confused:

I have been trying to get this game for my husband for Xmas. I've ordered it from two online sites - each one has shown the cover with the soldier in green (which I understood to be the very latest) and each time I have received the version with the brownish cover.

I am starting to lose the will to live, pleeeeeze help somebody!!! :mad:

Fred DM
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
the cover doesn't matter at all. ;) that's just the artwork a retailer chooses to display the game.

there are 2 editions available:

the standard edition is the base game.

the Special Edition is slightly more expensive and comes with additional content, particularly for multiplayer.

there have also been 3 patches released so far, fixing bugs and even adding an editor. the latest is v1.03. but that shouldn't concern you as you can download the patches for every edition of the game. if you choose to go with Steam, it'll be updated automatically.

BTW: digital retailer http://www.getgamesgo.com/ is currently running a promotion on the entire franchise. both editions of MoW: Vietnam are currently 25% off.

plantwoman
11-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks very much for the info. I assumed that the differing covers meant different versions but now I know the answer, I'm very happy!!! :grin: