PDA

View Full Version : Mods?

Whitehead221
11-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Are any of you planning on making a cool mod for this game? I would like to see a mod that contained some gunpowder troops.

Desaix
11-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Are any of you planning on making a cool mod for this game? I would like to see a mod that contained some gunpowder troops.

Just installed.
Yes I'd definitely love to see a musket mod of this engine maybe with a wider campaign map of some napoleonic campaigns.
I'll start to dig into editor to see how scripts are handled.
I like the campaign map and sense of continuos living.
Would be really great to see a MP campaign in the future, I guess that is the natural evolution of this engine.

Whitehead221
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
A Napoleonic mod would be beyond amazing :grin:. An American Revolution mod would also be nice. If I was capable of modding I would sure take on the task, however I have no idea where to even start a mod.

Hyperborean
11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
A Napoleonic mod would be beyond amazing :grin:. An American Revolution mod would also be nice. If I was capable of modding I would sure take on the task, however I have no idea where to even start a mod.

I think we will have to wait for good mods for a long time. just the scope of the game tells me it takes a lot of modding no matter what of the modding tools.
And tbh there is a lot of more interesting things in that same area and timeframe to mod IMHO!

Whitehead221
11-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I too feel that gunpowder creates a much more strategic atmosphere in a game such as this. Melee turns into a mass blob whereas gunpowder allows you to be more tactical in your gameplay.

Desaix
11-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I too feel that gunpowder creates a much more strategic atmosphere in a game such as this. Melee turns into a mass blob whereas gunpowder allows you to be more tactical in your gameplay.

You got the essence WHitehead. Musket warfare has always been my favourite exact for that plus: more time to maneuver, engage, disangage, withraw.
In melee warfare stats are more important, in musket warfare movement is.
I bought this game just to support Unicorn because I think they have a good engine which deserves to see other titles in the series.

Whitehead221
11-19-2011, 11:30 PM
LOL Desaix I did too. I bought it to support them hoping for more titles in different time periods. Keep it up RW2 developers your work has a lot of potential. :grin: