PDA

View Full Version : Any way to slow down advancement?

Stormy Fairweather
11-18-2011, 07:48 PM
I have noticed that as the game progresses new components become available and that the price of things increases; I would like to slow that down, way down. So far I have been puttering around the galaxy just having fun doing nothing but things have begun to get expensive and many weapons and equipment that I never even got a chance to try seem to have become obsolete.

So, is there any way to do this?

Edit - Also, I am having one hell of time finding any additional information on this game, especially for text quests. Or what the difference is between reparing cladding or the hull (droids vs minidroids), or if they repair other components, or if the nanidroids repairs wear and tear, how to move spare hulls, and many other minor questions I can't think of just now but I was unable to find any solution for, all I did find was some (very) incomplete faqs, which are full of specific details but lacking for game mechanics, or quests.

Edit 2 - While I have begun to be skeptical of ever recieving a response... is there any way to stop your team from winning while your dinking around questing and such? I gave the dominators increased strength in my game setup, supposedly stronger than coalition, but after the initial struggle the coalition seems to have a definite advantage, taking multiple system without and losing none in some time. Is there some way to prevent this from happening? Would I need to assassinate some higher ranked rangers to keep my side from crushing them? Do dominators ever improve?

DRNewcomb
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I've played the original SR2 for a while but only just started playing Reboot. So, I may not be answering your questions. In general, you are always struggling to buy the next better/smaller/faster component and the next bigger, stronger and more capable hull. That's just a feature of the game. You want to take as much stimulants as you can get away with and still avoid addiction. Ragobam Whisper makes the government quests pay well. Work on getting an engine that will jump so you can take missions at higher difficulty. Once you get a ship with a decent size and strength you want to start taking part in liberating systems and selling Dominator junk to the science bases. Shift from merchant to mercenary. This both pays well and builds your experience and rank quickly.