PDA

View Full Version : Better Optimized Hopefully?

Whitehead221
11-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I just Pre-Ordered and downloaded Real Warfare 1242 and it is unplayable because of the low fps. I play it on all low and still max at about 30 fps which is sad when I can play Napoleon Total War on full ultra at about 40 fps. I really hope this game is better optimized otherwise I would have wasted my money, however I have high hopes for this game, because it looks very promising if it plays well. :grin:

mitra
11-12-2011, 09:21 PM
What are you PC specifics? Can you post the dxdiag? Try to set lower the resolution (1280), the low in the config not change the resolution, but this improve the fps. I obtained a higher fps also setting to 8 the Maximum Prerendered Frames in the nvidia panel.

mitra
11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
The game has full field of view, the TW not, they have limited field. In TW if you set higher the resolution is seen the same area of map with the same angle of view, of the lower resolution one, only with different numbers of pixel. In this RW not , higher resolution ->higher portion of map and elements are displayed in, with the same camera position. This has a impact on fps performance because is not a simple pixel change.

Try to see the same map portion at the same distance with high and lower resolution, you will see the objects displayed are more in high resolution.

mitra
11-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Try to lowered the resolution or if you have this setting in your graphic card raise the value of prerendered frames.

St!gar
11-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Just tried a Custom Battle. The FPS is so low, the game is ******* unplayable. Note that my computer plays Shogun 2 on 1920*1280 with each and every graphics-option maxed out with an average of 50+ FPS.

Damn shame.

The game has full field of view, the TW not, they have limited field. In TW if you set higher the resolution is seen the same area of map with the same angle of view, of the lower resolution one, only with different numbers of pixel. In this RW not , higher resolution ->higher portion of map and elements are displayed in, with the same camera position.

WHAT?! Why? Just... why? Why not keep the "Resolution" and "FoV" -settings as two different options like how just about every other game does it? :???:

Try to see the same map portion at the same distance with high and lower resolution, you will see the objects displayed are more in high resolution.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. Let me try and make this clear:

If I decrease the resolution, what will happen? Will the graphics look worse, or will the FoV simply decrease? Or both at the same time?

Whitehead221
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I completely agree with St!gars post. I don't really see why you would set the game up this way, when it drastically lowers FPS. I also play total war on ultra settings and it runs extremely smooth compared to this on the highest settings. Also as I said before IMO total war looks much better.

mitra
11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Wait, will be set with a patch the possibility to activate\disable the angle of view, this will raise the fps also at high resolution when disable

St!gar
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Wait, will be set with a patch the possibility to activate\disable the angle of view, this will raise the fps also at high resolution when disable

Good news. How much does the FoV actually affect performance, though?

mitra
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Good news. How much does the FoV actually affect performance, though?

Depending from your graphic card and CPU performance, because you see more objects and not only more pixel with the same camera.