PDA

View Full Version : Editor Questions

Alex Mars
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know how to:

Set maximum units on the board?

Set victory conditions (gold/silver/bronze)?

Magog
02-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Max number of units is found under Map -> Fractions -> Edit

Gold/silver etc is set in the trigger editor, there's a button there called Parameters. Don't ask me how it works though, haven't used it yet...

asadexes
02-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Max supported units is 64, as max size is 32 x 32
More troops or bigger map could crash the game

Ferris
02-23-2008, 06:19 PM
hello, i have a problem with editor. I create map and when i start the game i don't have reserve list. When i buy new units, reserve list is always grey. Do u have any idea where is the problem?

thx a lot...

Ferris...

sorry, becouse i write it first on other thread:rolleyes:

asadexes
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
i thought i answered in the other thread:confused:

Ferris
02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
i thought i answered in the other thread:confused:

Thank you, but do u have idea where exactly?:(

i missclick that forum and i don;t know which one i was spamed:(

thanx a lot..

Ferris

wowcurse
02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
hello, i have a problem with editor. I create map and when i start the game i don't have reserve list. When i buy new units, reserve list is always grey. Do u have any idea where is the problem?

thx a lot...

Ferris...

sorry, becouse i write it first on other thread:rolleyes:

i had this problem to, but some help from another player i fixed it, thread below.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2826

Devean
02-26-2008, 07:49 PM
A question to Skelos, and possibly to Asadex:

If I simply add an entry to Artefacts.xml, following the right formatting and using the correct attributes, effect descriptions etc., will the artifact become available in the editor, or does it take some more steps to create a custom gizmo?

asadexes
02-26-2008, 10:35 PM
i suppose yes, but you have also to make an icon

DeathMutant
03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Anyone know if you can make a "campaign" with the map editor or if it is it possible by hand-editing XML files?

Now that I think about it, even if hand-editing the XML files were possible there would still be deployment issues, requiring very careful installation by the end-user, which means it is probably not worth it anyway. . .

Devean
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I have analyzed the campaign XML files and they're pretty simple. After each scenario units are assigned to a "corpse", which is then specified for the next scenario to use.

I don't have a working editor, but I believe the triggers can't be much more complex. Is it possible to open one of the campaign scenarios and see, how are the triggers set? And more importantly - how are bonuses for silver and gold victories defined, for they are not specified in the campaign XML file, so they have to be in the scenario.

asadexes
03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I have analyzed the campaign XML files and they're pretty simple. After each scenario units are assigned to a "corpse", which is then specified for the next scenario to use.

I don't have a working editor, but I believe the triggers can't be much more complex. Is it possible to open one of the campaign scenarios and see, how are the triggers set? And more importantly - how are bonuses for silver and gold victories defined, for they are not specified in the campaign XML file, so they have to be in the scenario.

You can set Bonuses for victories in the editor
You must to edit a new trigger that set the starting forces for the next map as the remaining forces you have at the end of the current map

Devean
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
You can set Bonuses for victories in the editor

That's good news.

You must to edit a new trigger that set the starting forces for the next map as the remaining forces you have at the end of the current map

That's not necessary. The campaign engine does it for you. There are entries in the XML file assigning all units to the "corpse" and then indicating, which "corpse" to use for the next scenario. There are also options to turn on/off initial deployment and the "shop" when you upgrade units, buy new ones and distribute artifacts.

I only can't figure out yet, where is the setting for the number of units available. Like in the official campaigns - as the story progresses, you get access to more powerful units.

Maluzu
03-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Is there a way to create a series of maps for multiplayer mode? (aka campaign mode for multiplayer)

I really REALLY want to figure this out... it could lead to some very fun tournaments.

Alex Mars
03-07-2008, 02:27 AM
I thought I read here that a campaign editor would be released for this game.

asadexes
03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Campaign Editor will be in the next upgraded Editor, actually is still in beta and is not out ( also Russian players are waiting for it ).

Devean
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Is there a way to create a series of maps for multiplayer mode? (aka campaign mode for multiplayer)

I vote for such a feature too! I have been playing two PG2 multiplayer campaigns. They were fun! 4-player scenarios, strategic map... each strategic move resulted in a battle, which was played as a 2, 3, or 4 player scenario with predefined forces. And the forces left after the scenario, together with their newly gained experience, were carried over for future battles. It would be great, if we could play such campaigns in FW. Just imagine - players divided into teams (kingdoms), each having their own division, fighting barony after barony... I want that! :D

Also, I think that there should be (in the sequel) an option to capture artifacts. If an enemy unit has an artifact, and you defeat this unit, you should be able to take that artifact for yourself. What do you think?

Maluzu
03-07-2008, 11:48 PM
<eagerly awaits campaign editor>

FW Fan
03-08-2008, 12:52 AM
I've seen cheat codes that say use the ~ or ^ button to open a cheat console...but I can't get it to work...

FW Fan
03-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I've seen cheat codes that say use the ~ or ^ button to open a cheat console...but I can't get it to work...

Magog
03-08-2008, 11:25 AM

It's the same key that opens a console on most other games, at the upper left on your keyboard (under esc, above TAB). On my keyboard its a ยง.

FW Fan
03-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks, I found the key for ~ and ^ but they don't call up any console. I'm using Vista, is that a problem? I tried it during the game, and used shit and ctrl keys, with and without num lock. Sigh.

Magog
03-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Use the key below Esc, above TAB and to the left of 1. It doesn't matter what character the key has. :)

asadexes
03-14-2008, 05:30 PM
And join the Hamachi FW League

FW Fan
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Use the key below Esc, above TAB and to the left of 1. It doesn't matter what character the key has. :)
Okay, so I still can't get it to work. I push that key, with and without shift or ctrl or windows or numlock...but nothing comes up. Is it because of Vista?

Where are the saved games...I'm thinking I'll save, try it on another computer, add the gold and experience, then reopen the save back on my computer...but I can't find the saved games. I'm halfway through the Orc campaign but running out of

Hrothgar
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to create a scenario, using Alexander Mars's guide to the editor. The map is 28x28, with a four-hex wide border area. I believe I have included every step which Mars has indicated as necessary. However, when I try to load the scenario in the game, the game crashes, and I receive a message indicating that the landscape cannot be loaded.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I really enjoy this game, but, without a random map generator [which I really hope is a planned addition to the game!], a large number of user-made scenarios is needed to increase the game's longevity. So, anything which makes the editor more understandable would be useful.

Thanks.

Alex Mars
04-04-2008, 03:12 AM
It's hard to diagnose a problem in the abstract, can you post the map somewhere so we can download it and take a look at it?

Hrothgar
04-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Alex,

Ok. As soon as I can figure out a place to post it, I will.

Thanks

Alex Mars
04-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Many of us have been using Filefront to host the maps, it's free and pretty easy to set up.

Magog
04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Have you tried to just regenerate the landscape (by clicking the globe icon in the editor)?

Hrothgar
04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Magog,

I don't know what the landscape regenerator does, but it worked! The map now loads in the game. Now I can continue to work on the other aspects of the scenario. Thanks a lot.

And, for future reference, I'll check into Filefront.

Thanks again to both of you.

Magog
04-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Cool. :)

The landscape generator "draws" the 3D map you will see in game based on the 2D map you have made in the editor, and saves the result into a file. So if you make changes to the maps landscape (like place a new mountain somewhere) you will have to generate a new 3D map.

This is one of the things that makes the editor so easy to use compared to many other games.