PDA

View Full Version : Random encounters

Loss Leader
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Im a big fan of both 7.62 and e5 but one thing that bugs me is the ramped up difficulty of random battles on the world map. In e5 they were manageable enough (and far more avoidable in-map) but in 7.62 theyve ramped up the difficulty the numbers of enemies faced and critically having the approach from several positions. Its a real chore and I dont like quick saving around the map dodging these battles so I was wondering is there any way to maybe reduce the numbers of enemies faced on average in an encounter? facing 20+ automatically armed dudes from various angles is nigh impossible, reducing it would make it more fair and fun. I see the game seems to be highly moddable so is there anything that can be done?

Badbru
11-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Something like this came up in the other forum. I'm not a modder by any means, however .ini files aren't difficult to alter. I think, there might be a setting in the .ini file for numbers of enemies in random encouters. From memory of the post I'm thinking of the formulae is something like CGL number plus 5, plus whatever the setting is. Open up your .ini folder (it should open in notepad automatically) and have a look through and see if it is indeed an optional setting that can be changed.

Failing that, hire more people to watch your back. Facing twenty is not so hard if you're a full team of six, especially as you're likely to have better weapons and ought to have better tactics.

Loss Leader
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi , yeah a fair point, I think the more Im playing it the more Im figuring out how to deal with the big masses of them, being aggressive with grenades and aggressive in general is probably working better than waiting for them in a line. A big thing is replaying with low-adrenaline. Its a really really great idea but frustrating when you turn a corner and your merc (justifiably) gets shocked to see 6/7 dudes and then cant fight for shit, I prefer em cool and collected!