PDA

View Full Version : My first map

Magog
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Here's a small single player / Quick mission map for you to try out.

http://www.shell.linux.se/dsk2293/fw/Dexters_Quest.zip

Unzip the folder into the folder ..\Fantasy Wars\Data\Levels\Quick_Mission

Have fun :cool:

bigmit37
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Magog
02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
And now the link works too. :)

Alex Mars
02-18-2008, 06:05 AM
I opened the editor for the first time so I could take a look at your map, nice work. How did you figure out the trigger editor, is there a guide somewhere?

How much, if any, documentation exists for the editor as a whole?

Magog
02-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I opened the editor for the first time so I could take a look at your map, nice work. How did you figure out the trigger editor, is there a guide somewhere?

How much, if any, documentation exists for the editor as a whole?

I used the maps that came with the game to figure some triggers out, like how to initiate a deployment round, and then a lot of trial and error. I don't think there's any official documentation, and the help menu in the editor doesn't work either...

But I found the trigger editor to be very easy to work with, actually much easier than the AoW:SM editor that you and I are used to. :)

Alex Mars
02-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I looked at the deployment trigger for your map and it looks straightforward enough except I cannot find where you are selecting the troops available for deployment.

Magog
02-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I looked at the deployment trigger for your map and it looks straightforward enough except I cannot find where you are selecting the troops available for deployment.

Go to: Map -> Fractions -> Edit -> Units for deploy

Alex Mars
02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks, I saw the fractions window but missed the edit button.