PDA

View Full Version : Missions question

modo
11-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi guys,

Anyone knows how can we reliably find missions late game when 90% of them have been completed already? Without actually running from planet to planet asking around a thousand times to get one.

Thx

DRNewcomb
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
No, but late in the game you should not have to be looking for missions. After a few years you should be making most of your money by selling dominator stuff to the science bases.

modo
03-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Thx, but I bathe in money / exp and anything else late game. The only thing I did not manage is to complete all the missions....obviously, my ocd needs that.

braven25
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I prefer to do missions late game there rewards are MUCH bigger, i tend to trade early game

omegaweapon
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
well the best way for me was to liberate a system most of time they have a new mission (specialty rts ones :P)

and changing difficulty seems to give u harder missions if u chose easy difficulty there is less chance to get harder missions (again its very true for rts one)

another thing you can do is changing day every few days ( i am not sure maybe every month) u get a different mission
well the last thing is liberate different race and try your luck

modo
06-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Thx omegaweapon but I've been there already, I've tested all these options and completing the rts ones is not a problem.
Liberatig systems does indeed free some more missions but the question was for that point where you've done almost all of them (and I mean I'm left with only three assasination missions that I can't get anywhere for 10 years already).
I've even remained on the same planet and let the turns go, checking every two turns for a whole year...no dice.

omegaweapon
06-09-2012, 02:52 PM
then u have only one option your difficulty slider (i assume u want to finish quest collection?) set quest difficulty on impossible and dominator on hard (so they dont get liberated too soon) sorry i dont think there is anyother way

i always played on 50% difficulty (for quest) and rts mission was very easy text mission was very easy (for example in 50% after doing 15 quest i reach pizza text quest) but i currently play on my first 200% difficulty rts missions are hell (its not that the same mission are harder its that u get way harder missions just for the record i break my keyboard in frustration once :P and i thinked i was very good in rts missions :P) and u wont believe it my first and only text mission was pizza contest i didnt have time to do other text quest they was offerd but i didnt accept it :)

i am not that much experianced player all i say is from what i saw in the game

modo
06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
actually you make some good points and I'm already at impossible for everything...and even so I make sure new systems are liberated only once I can't find new missions
I have an excel sheet with the game data for each mission (race who offers it, if you have to be a merchant/pirate/warrior to get it, etc etc)
I've done all the missions from the game menu, their not that hard once you do them once or twice

I even contacted some of the russian advanced forum players, I think only the code can answer this one :)
Anyway, thx for your help...always glad to see there's still a passionate following for this awesome game

omegaweapon
06-10-2012, 12:15 PM
eh it seems u know more than me ;) actually most of thing i know is from the russian players too :P LOL they seems to be the gods of this game :)

wow some of rts missions are very hard (for example that landing (pride of ...)

and i definitely love to see that data sheet thanx m8

modo
06-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, that Pride of Endoria is badly designed, difficult should not mean a pain in the backside or a clickfest.
I'm not surprised russian players have the lead on this as the game is made by a russian company and they did a superb job.

As for the sheet I can't upload it as it is my native language but I did it based on the info in the eng.dat file and an editor for it I've got a while back.
In Reboot this file is encrypted but i you still have the pre Reboot version you should be able to learn a ton of things about the game mechanics.

Just a sample/teaser below :)

missions/races cd s def s dis sys def
maloq 2m2p1w4a 1m0p2w4a 1m2p1w4a 0m0p1w4a 4+4+5+16 29
peleng 3m3p2w2a 0m0p0w7a 2m1p2w9a 0m2p2w3a 5+6+6+21 38
human 4m1p1w5a 0m1p2w4a 0m2p2w2a 1m1p1w2a 5+5+6+13 29
fay 3m3p1w4a 0m0p0w7a 1m0p0w5a 1m0p1w5a 5+3+2+21 31
gaal 1m2p2w5a 0m1p1w4a 1m1p0w1a 2m1p2w1a 4+5+5+11 25
13+11+7+20 1+2+5+26 5+6+5+21 4+4+7+15 23+23+24+82
51 34 37 30 152

cd - fedex missions
s def - ship defense ones
s dis - assasinations
sys def - sytem defense

You see there the subtotals and totals for in the form of a+b+c+d where

a - given only for merchants
b - given only for pirates
c - given only for warriors
d - any status

A great addition in Reboot was to actually see these values when you mouseover your status in the rangers ratings screen.

EDIT: This obviously does not include the quests and planetary battles but those are easier to find and document.

omegaweapon
06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
hmm i thought u are searching for text quest and rts missions LOL seems i am totally wrong well i dont like normal type of missions so i thought no one like them either (what was i thinking :S)

and thanks for sharing that info :) also i am not realy into that type of missions ;)

fedex probably mean courier missions right? (delivering something to another planet)

modo
06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
fedex probably mean courier missions right? (delivering something to another planet)

yes, you're correct

omegaweapon
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
i find this link i hope it can help a little ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k3yr1ywj0ey

modo
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Made one of my own long ago but this is a nice addition, thx

blenger
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
thanks for your information guys