PDA

View Full Version : skill three

mighty_king
11-02-2011, 05:14 PM
what is the best to focuse most on soo you have most gold and runes and monster? or is it wise to focuse on something else or?

Lex
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I think choice of skills should depend on class of charater. Also they heavily depend on player's style. There isn't something like "the best skill" for everyone. Yes, I think there are some skills, like Tactics (from might tree), Reserve (from mind tree) or Order/Distortion/Chaos Magic (from magic tree) that everyone shoud have probably at least first level at them, but there is no magic bullet.

ShuiMienLung
11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
By "most monster", do you mean "largest army that you control" or "greatest number of times you need to fight"? (Because technically most of the units you can control are 'monsters', unless you use nothing but the humans.)

The first one ("largest army you control") is easy: maximize your Leadership. Pick up all banners, gain as many levels as possible, wear items that confer leadership, train in all the skills that give leadership, and (in Armored Princess) advance the medal which gives leadership.

For the second one--and note that "gain as many levels" that I just said up above, is easier to do the more battles you fight--make sure you go through all the combats you can:
- fight the undead in the crypt quest, rather than touching the crosses and destroying them;
- clear everything out of the Gremlin castle;
- use items with their opposites so they LOSE morale as quickly as possible (dwarf axe with elves in the army; Staff of the Great Druid when you're killing animals; Blackthorn Crown when you're weedwhacking the thorns);
- use items that have no opposites--like the pirate boots--anyhow so that they lose morale and eventually generate a fight.

mighty_king
11-05-2011, 07:16 AM
i did read that leadership you get a lot after lv 20 and you need most attack and defense and intligent is this true

Lex
11-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Level 20 is too late. You should try to skip every level up leadership bonus till level 7-12* (depends on game) then take all leadership bonuses after that. To test what border level is the best in your game you can save game, use "levelup" cheat command to see different options at your next levels then load your game as normal.

*) It could be still sometimes better to take leadership if it is like 160 leadership vs 4 rage or 6 mana. Just count every 50 leadership like 2rage+2mana (roasted rat).