PDA

View Full Version : I have errors that wont let me Start MOWV or MOWV Editor.

Aardman55
10-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Well i will try to make it as short as i can:
First error is always when i try to start men of war vietnam it shows me the splash for like 10 seconds and then it just says "Main Executable has Stopped working"
Second error is always when i try to start men of war vietnam Editor its shows me a Error message saying 2 seconds after start:
"Program will be terminated.
[0x47e3a5] [EXCEPTION-BREAKPOINT] [noncontinuable1]"
And when i start with Compatibility and administrator it says:
"File not found - resource/set/registry.reg (eiorepository.cpp, 351)
---------------------------------------------------------------------"

I tried all compatibility modes with administrator but i keep getting the errors.
Please help im in a hurry :(
Its the best vietnam game ever and now when the editor is released it is even more awesome but i cant play...

Also i have Windows 7 Starter and im going to buy a new graphic card and new windows 7
But pleas help :(

Aardman55
10-29-2011, 12:03 PM
i cant wait goddamnit!
:mad::evil:

Fred DM
10-29-2011, 02:15 PM
calm down. if nobody else has the same problem it's kinda hard to say what might cause it.

first thing you should do is post your hardware and relevant software versions. are they within the minimum requirements of the game?

are you playing other games? do they run flawlessly?

what edition of the game are you trying to play? if you have a non-Steam edition, have you tried activating the game on Steam and launching it through the Steam client?

Man o' war
10-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I've had the same problem...

Your game won't start because you are probably using the old shortcut of MOWV.exe (that was my problem, I'm not sure if yours is the same) ,try openeing the MOWV instllation directory and running the "new" MOWV.exe...

About the editor: mine didn't work as well but then i installed the first patch and it works just fine...

Aardman55
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
The problem is that i think NOTHING but the ram meets the minimum requirements. I can play Operation Flashpoint with the Vietnam the experience mod flawlessly.

The problem is i was in a hurry so i buyed the laptop with the minimum price (209 Euros) Witch has a "Intel Media Graphics Accelerator" witch you can compare with a piece of **** from a dog, when even THAT is more useful.
I play terraria (a 2d game) which lags hardly.
Well with the hurry, i thought later then i could buy another graphics card but then when looking for some info, i get a traumatic message:
The only way to get a better graphics card is to buy a new laptop or sell the old one and buy a crappy desktop pc where you can change the graphic card, but i DONT want to buy a new pc just for Men of War Vietnam.
It is place 3 from my 50 Best games list but i anyway wouldnt just think about buying me a new PC just for one game.
And i also seen that there is a "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD" which, i zitate, "has the same power like an nvidia geforce 9700 GT!!!!" but when i try to update the drivers it says it isnt compatible with my version.
HELP! I need to find a way... And i dont know if there sell actual chips or mainboards in my shop. i think i just have to accept that im just not lucky enough to play the 3rd best game in the world (or 1st, i dont know since i could only play 15 minutes of it on my old laptop and there still was no editor out for it)
Another thing i dont believe in god (And dont say "Its just a game" cause its not a "Game" its a Masterpiece of art.)
Help Help HEEELP. :( *Cries*
EDIT: I also tried 3Danalyze (It emulates graphics card like nvidia geforce or ATI 9700) but that doesnt works cause A:Its not compatible with MOW: V and/or B:I need more info what to check in the special things (Like "emulate THS or TWS or so" or "force rendering" or so. Maybe someone could be kind enough to download 3danalyze and check it? And i use the standalone.
EDIT2: I now upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, but still all same errors.

Nike-it
10-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Please post full system specs of your laptop, dxdiag will be even better.

Fred DM
10-31-2011, 05:21 AM
i'm gonna go ahead and hazard the guess that nothing in a €209 laptop comes even close to the minimum requirements, least of all an integrated GPU, and MoW games aren't exactly modest in their hardware demands. these are games that require a potent gaming PC.

Nike-it
10-31-2011, 05:33 AM
i'm gonna go ahead and hazard the guess that nothing in a €209 laptop comes even close to the minimum requirements, least of all an integrated GPU, and MoW games aren't exactly modest in their hardware demands. these are games that require a potent gaming PC.

I think you are 99% right, but still maybe there is smth else and there is a small chance that the game can be launched on this laptop.

Aardman55
10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
System Information
Current Date/Time: Monday, October 31, 12:20:00 AM
Computer Name: LAPPIE
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: 1001PXD
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/12/11 15:05:13 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N455 @1.66GHz (2 CPUs) ~1.7GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 1253MB used, 785MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Device
Name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Drivers
Main Driver: igdumdx32.dll
Version: 8.14.10.2364
Date: 4/11/2011 8:56:46 PM
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Model: WDDM 1.0

DirectX Features
DirecDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Notes
No problems found.

Nike-it
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Aardman55б from what I see you have a netbook, which is definitely not enough to play modern games. Moreover, the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 takes memory from RAM and that's critical to MoW.
I hardly believe Vietnam will even start on your system even with all background processes turned off. And the main thing is that if somehow you manage to start the game, Vietnam will be unplayable on this system due to very low FPS.

Aardman55
10-31-2011, 11:00 AM
First, thanks for the FAST reply.
Second, yes, i see it is.
But also i know that there is NO way to get it working on my netbook, except of trying 3danalyze or buying a new one.
My last hope is that now, i will be sitting hours on 3danalyze maybe that works, when i get it work i will post the info here.
But its a chance of like 1:100 that it would work.

Aardman55
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
nevermind, tomorrow i will buy me a desktop pc and buy a graphics card that costs 60 euros its a nvidia
:grin: i can play men of war vietnam YES!
Also many thanks for all your help :-P

Fred DM
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
a graphics card that costs 60 euros

i can play men of war vietnam

you sure about that? :confused:

Aardman55
11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
you sure
Yes, it was a Geforce 9700(!!!)im not sure if it was a GT but i think so.
And minimum for Vietnam is 8800 or 600 and so i can play :D

Fred DM
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM

as a long-time ATI user i'm no expert on Nvidia GPUs, but according to Nvidia's GPU overview, the 9700 is not a desktop GPU but a mobile one (http://www.nvidia.de/page/geforce9.html, http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_family.html). didn't you say you were getting a desktop PC now? :confused:

Nike-it
11-02-2011, 04:28 AM

I will agree with Fred DM. Pay attention to what you are taking. The GF9700 is definitely the notebook card and can't be used in desktop PC.

Aardman55
11-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry, i keep mistaking the graphics cards!:rolleyes:
No, it is a Nvidia Geforce 420Gt and the seller of the graphics card told me that it will fit in the desktop pc and that it is compatible with that which i chosen. It says 1GB DDR3 (i dont know what it means but in the minimum specs was something about ddr2 and so i think it is compatible)!
And the desktop PC is windows 7 home premium 64 bit from intel.
So im pretty sure it will work.
Ill report back when i tried it:grin:

WBR
Aardman55

PS. Sorry that i always mistake the graphic cards xD
PPS. I know that it isnt the best card but i will try my best on it.
PPPS (XD). Im pretty sure it will run on middle or low graphics, but i actually only give a **** to graphics, atleast the game is fun.

Aardman55
11-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok how could io say it.....:)
IT WORKS GREATLY
I CAN RUN ON HIGH GRAPHICS AND NOW LEAST LAG :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
THIS IS SO GREAT!!!
Also you can close the thread if you wwant.

boredsilly
11-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I have the same error with the editor crashing to desktop when i try and place something on the blank canvas (blackscreen) or if it runs for more then a couple of secounds.

I'm running the Steam version of the game with DLC.

my dxdiag specs are:

Processor: intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20ghz (4 CPUs), 3.2ghz
Memory 6144mb ram
DirectX 11
windows 7 64bit

Man o' war
11-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I have the same error with the editor crashing to desktop when i try and place something on the blank canvas (blackscreen) or if it runs for more then a couple of secounds.

I have the same problem, here's the solution:

Don't try to place units on the black screen! Rather make your own map, name it something like "testmap" and place there!