PDA

View Full Version : Men of War: Vietnam - Create Your Own War

Nike-it
10-28-2011, 07:52 AM
1C Company announced today the newest update to Men of War: Vietnam. The new update adds full editing capabilities to this latest addition in the multiple award-winning Men of War series.

Players can create their own scenarios and maps, opening virtually unlimited possibilities for customization and mod support. Players can also share their creations with others freely adding infinitely more ways to play the game.

Additionally, this update lowers game difficulty on Easy and Normal levels, allowing less experienced players a way to conquer Vietnam. Both campaigns will likewise be available from the start of the game allowing new players a choice from the beginning who they want to fight. The update will also eliminate possible de-synchronization issues in multiplayer between different versions of the game to allow for easier Co-op action in the jungles.

Customers who bought or activated the game on Steam will see their hard-earned in-game achievements are now synchronized with Steam’s achievements, while owners of Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition will also benefit from fixes to the bonus missions available in their version of the game.
You can find full list of changes here (1C Company announced today the newest update to Men of War: Vietnam. The new update adds full editing capabilities to this latest addition in the multiple award-winning Men of War series. Players can create their own scenarios and maps, opening virtually unlimited possibilities for customization and mod support. Players can also share their creations with others freely adding infinitely more ways to play the game. Additionally, this update lowers game difficulty on Easy and Normal levels, allowing less experienced players a way to conquer Vietnam. Both campaigns will likewise be available from the start of the game allowing new players a choice from the beginning who they want to fight. The update will also eliminate possible de-synchronization issues in multiplayer between different versions of the game to allow for easier Co-op action in the jungles. Customers who bought or activated the game on Steam will see their hard-earned in-game achievements are now synchronized with Steam’s achievements, while owners of Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition will also benefit from fixes to the bonus missions available in their version of the game. You can find full list of changes here. The official patch can be downloaded from here (280 MB). The Men of War: Vietnam Steam version will be updated automatically.).

The official patch can be downloaded from here (http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWVietnamPatch/MoWVietnam_patch_2.zip) (280 MB).
The Men of War: Vietnam Steam version will be updated automatically.

Mirrors:
Atomic Gamer (http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/94248/men-of-war-vietnam-patch-2)
Patches Scrolls (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/men_of_war_vietnam.php#p2)

James6584
10-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice, thanks 1C, this just made my day :)

spray_n_pray
10-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you!

Pogor
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
When i update my game appear a message "The setup has detected no version Men of War Vietnam is installed . What shall I do? A steam version Mow is ok and work nice but a Special edition in DVD cant be updated.:evil:. Please help me.:!:

MACV HQ
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Wanted to know, I pre-paid for the Special Edition as well for the Standerd on Steam, should I be receiving a DVD, or should I see the Special Edition on the Steam with the Standerd game?

Maj Scott

James6584
10-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Could be wrong but the last couple of lines from Nike's post says it can be downloaded here, and that steam does it automatically. If you follow the link and install it in the right folder it should apply to the game?

dobsession
10-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Thank !! very impressive for me, 1st try whith editor, i come from Arma2..

my firs test:
http://ado.design-now.fr/mowv_gem_01.jpg

James6584
10-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok I have the Steam version and at first it worked fine, I was using the editor and able to play single player, now all I get when I load either is a black screen, a mouse pointer and the menu music.

The black screen keeps going to desktop then back to black screen, start task manager shows it as "not responding" and then "running" but it just alternates between desktop and a black screen with the music.

Can anyone help? I have not changed anything, and at first it worked perfectly, now I seem completely unable to play at all :S

James6584
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, just restarted PC and everything seems to be running again, I can only assume it was some kind of glitch/error on my end, don't know what happened but it seems to be working now *fingers crossed*.

Nike-it
10-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Wanted to know, I pre-paid for the Special Edition as well for the Standerd on Steam, should I be receiving a DVD, or should I see the Special Edition on the Steam with the Standerd game?

Maj Scott

So you bought two games, right? They both should be available in your game library.

miggie
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I bought the German DVD Men of War-Vietnam.

No patch find the main program.
Steam activation is not working. Because I can not enter my gamespycode.
Since small letters on Steam can not be entered. Foto.

http://62.75.188.205/include/downs/upload/miggie/0002.JPG

Can you please make the patches I can tell him where is my main program.
The path is: C / Programme / Morphicon Limited / Men of war Vietnam
And can you tell me please how can I activate my game on Steam?

Bad englisch ? sorry im an German

regards

miggie

Fred DM
11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Steam activation is not working. Because I can not enter my gamespycode.
Since small letters on Steam can not be entered.

maybe the Steam activation process is not case-sensitive? :confused:

miggie
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I've tried every trick. Even simple copying.
Nothing works because of the small letters.

Sneaksie
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Did you enter the first symbol as 6 or b?

MACV HQ
11-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Is there any website that, you be able to download working models that you can import for new vehicles or aircraft for MOWV?

Maj. Scott

Nike-it
11-02-2011, 04:16 AM
I've tried every trick. Even simple copying.
Nothing works because of the small letters.

Miggie, all Gamespy codes for retail versions of MoW: Vietnam were sent to Steam and can be activated. Did you try to use capital letters? If still nothing happens please send your activation code to our support (support@1cpublishing.eu) and we will check what is wrong with it.

miggie
11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the reply

As I've written, I've tried everything possible:
uppercase
write and Copy in
Only my keyboard I have not destroyed

nothing go on

I send a mail with the full code to the support and hope you can help me.

But what's wrong with the patches, why not find the main program?
I also ask for the others at sust3.de. There are some, with the same problem.

Sneaksie :I entered 6, because clearly the sixth one is a " b "

mowrb
11-02-2011, 05:22 PM
just bought vietnam and been trying to find the editor, bought off steam so i thought it would have been already updated to have it any ideas on how to get on it or any way of updating my game to have it

James6584
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Mowrb, go to the file location normally:
C/Program files x86/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Men of war vietnam

and you will see the editor icon on that list, pin it to your taskbar so you don't have to go through the files every time.

Nike-it
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the reply

As I've written, I've tried everything possible:
uppercase
write and Copy in
Only my keyboard I have not destroyed

nothing go on

I send a mail with the full code to the support and hope you can help me.

But what's wrong with the patches, why not find the main program?
I also ask for the others at sust3.de. There are some, with the same problem.

Sneaksie :I entered 6, because clearly the sixth one is a " b "

Miggie, the situation is following: the patch for German version is in works and should appear very soon. Also the game can't be activated in Steam because it will be recognized in Steam as English one and you will loose localization. Will post the link for German patch ASAP here and of the official website. Also if you want, we can ask Steam to activate your version, if you want that please send me your activation code in PM.

miggie
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Many thanks for the reply.
With the Steam activation then I'll probably wait a while yet.
And the news about the patch I give to the others.
By the way, works really well here the support.
I sent a mail two days ago and the answer came yesterday.

I'm now waiting for my new keys from the Support Team.

thank you
have a nice day
miggie

Wadi
11-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello Nike-it. Any idea when Steam will apply this update and if a person has to be playing MOW for it to take effect?

it068
11-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I just got this game a couple of days ago on the sale at steam and i'm finding this game much harder than original Men of War! Is there a way to edit the game so you have a bit more health?

Mack the Knife
11-28-2011, 07:58 PM
so you have a bit more health?
think about it. how many rounds of an automatic AK-47 do you think you can handle?

Nike-it
11-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Hello Nike-it. Any idea when Steam will apply this update and if a person has to be playing MOW for it to take effect?

Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Steam usually automatically updates the game. If not, you can do it manually in the games library.

Heather856
11-29-2011, 07:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice, thanks 1C, this just made my dayhttp://www.changshengniaos.info/jh2.jpg
http://www.changshengniaos.info/2.jpg
http://www.quandulps.info/4.jpg

it068
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
think about it. how many rounds of an automatic AK-47 do you think you can handle?

point taken

Wadi
11-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Hello again Nike-it. I have tried numerous times to manually down load it. When it is through extracting the file, I receive an error message telling me that the base game is not on my hard drive. So... I went to my Steam library, right clicked on the game, chose properties, went to updates, chose download patch...nothing. Ideas :-?

Nike-it
11-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Hello again Nike-it. I have tried numerous times to manually down load it. When it is through extracting the file, I receive an error message telling me that the base game is not on my hard drive. So... I went to my Steam library, right clicked on the game, chose properties, went to updates, chose download patch...nothing. Ideas :-?

What is the current version of your game. Maybe it's already installed. If you have Steam version you can't manually install the patch.

Wadi
11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
What is the current version of your game. Maybe it's already installed. If you have Steam version you can't manually install the patch.

I am at work right now but I believe the version is 1.0.0.2

Sky999
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I tried using the GEM editor to make a mission, but it just kept crashing whenever I tried to place some grass...

sonat
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
When I update my game appear a message "The setup has detected no version Men of War Vietnam is installed" My game is installed but game does not appear in regedit. :(

Steckifranic
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I have Men of War Vietnam v 1.00.2 and I have been searching for a "how to" article for how to download the patch 1.0.0.2 which comes with the game editor, from what I have heard. I have downloaded the patch but whenever I try to use it it just says, "The setup has detected no version Men of War Vietnam is installed". I have it downloaded on steam and steam won't automaticly download this update for me. So I have no idea what to do. If you could help me out, please email me at gjstec@charter.net.
Thanks
Steckifranic