PDA

View Full Version : MoW cheat

waveout
10-25-2011, 11:23 AM
In some Games I have the strong suggestion that cheats are used.
Normaly with luck f.e. a tank like an early PzKW IV can kill a KV 85 by first shot on normal combat distance.
When one player or one team nearly no shots miss, even stronger tanks are killed by first shot and nearly every shot kills whith a spectacular explosion this is absolutely ridicoulous and can't be explained with better experience or luck.

My Question is how this cheats works.
Who is cheating, the host or the single player?
Can one defend against cheating?

I want to make a blacklist for my own and quit playing with such cheaters, but I don't want to "punish" the wrong people.
Perhaps the cheat comes from the host, and players even don't know about it.

SpeedWolf
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Not this again. please show evidence and not allegation as they're many factors.

maybe your tank got shot from the side maybe his/her aim was good because he/her was in Direct Control mode or maybe you're just a new player going against a much more experience players.

so if you only played less then 100 game online you don't have enough experience with this game online to blame someone of cheating.

I have played almost 8000 game online with men of war and i have not experience cheating, only glitch due to high ping or playing with people that have low performance PC that make the game slow and lagging the game.

Keep all that factor in mind before blaming someone of cheating and also if you believe someone of cheating just put her/he in your block list and never play with them again and just move on.

waveout
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Thank you for answering, but I made all your suggestions by my self and found some games where nothing of this fits.
I am not as experienced as you are, but meanwhile I've got some 300 games, so I guess I can recognize good playing, luck and what is non of both.

I don't have to convince you. If you don't believe in the possibility of cheating that is all right for me, but I wonder why there were patches made to prevent from cheating (Patch 1.17.5: * improved game memory protection from external changes (anti-cheating)) when such things don't exist.

I never said I will accuse anybody in public. I wanted to do exactly what you advises me, but if cheats are only possible by manipulating the hosts PC, it would be ineffefficient to block all players of the team. So I wanted to know how this cheating works.

But as far as I understand you, you don't know anything about cheating, so I have to wait for further info.

SpeedWolf
10-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Well. is not impossible that cheating happen but is hard to do so in this game and this is why. If a file is modify it would cause the game to crash or a automatic kick from the game due to file not being the same from the cheater PC and others.

i have seen weird things but i would call it bug or glitch but not cheat and this is due to my long experienced with the Gem engine. and even up to now i have not seen one video that show a multiplayer cheat that works keep in mind i played this game from 2009.

But if you feel that something is weird and feel like is a cheat and you just want to add them in your block list but you can't remember the name of the players, hit the http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj4d5jTGuj3D5YQ4sNkyw9IyMuyjvOI Im_ldBDRIpaLzZ0AeR- before starting a game, it will take a screenshot and it would be save in the C: Documents\my games\men of war\screenshots

HillisCamperus
05-30-2012, 02:18 AM
I've had instances where my men don't return fire. Enemy flamethrower just killed 2 of my flame throwers where mine didn't even fire back when the enemy was 2ft away. I had a full rifle squad that didn't fire on his flamethrower too. They only finally killed him when I manually clicked to attack it. It was definitely in range and I could see it clearly on the map, yet my rifles didn't fire. This makes me think he perhaps modded his flamethrowers to be undetectable while crawling just like a scout.

Then he had a flamethrower come through to my spawn. We had a hole in our lines in the middle of the map so it probably came through there, but I searched around everywhere with a full infantry squad spread out and could not find it, but it magically appears again only when i spawn a tank. I searched very thoroughly so there is no way it could have evaded unless it was a scout.

I have 1200-1300 games and have never seen such B.S. before where someone was able to 1) completely hide a flamer at my spawn, and 2) make it so my men didn't return fire. I have lost games before but never like this. It simply smells of bullsh*t.

Player name is JaegerMathias (not sure if spelling is 100% correct).

tl;dr

I suspect that somehow the flamethrower units were altered (modded) to have the same feature as a scout unit so that it would be undetectable.

HillisCamperus
05-30-2012, 02:34 AM
In some Games I have the strong suggestion that cheats are used.
Normaly with luck f.e. a tank like an early PzKW IV can kill a KV 85 by first shot on normal combat distance.

I have experienced this as well playing Tanks Only on Road map. I purchased KV85 and the enemy was sitting directly in front of my spawn with the starting panzer tank. My KV85 got the first shot of course because it was still flashing when it spawned. My first shot bounced off, my second shot killed him, but he killed me also with his first shot. KV85 completely exploded, turret came off flying and everything, by the starting German Panzer.

I have also experienced enemy tanks that have extremely long range. I had an enemy M119 kill my Hetzer from a 20-30 degree angle, and definitely out of range.

I also suspect that some people have fog of war cheats that let them see the enemy.

SW says to take screenshots but even with screenshots I'm not sure what it would prove. Do I care so much? not really because I just leave the game when I smell bullsh!t. I don't mind losing, in fact I lose all the time, as long as it's a fair game then it is still fun to lose to other good players. But it's no fun playing when the enemy is blatantly doing something that is unfair.